Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Roe v Wade to be overturned?

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Roe v Wade to be overturned?

Quote Originally Posted by PicklePickle View Post
    F*ck your bible is what I'm going to say. I don't care.
    What does abortion have to do with the bible? There is nothing in the bible that talks about being against abortions. In fact, the bible specifically states that life begins at first breath plenty of times.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    What does abortion have to do with the bible? There is nothing in the bible that talks about being against abortions. In fact, the bible specifically states that life begins at first breath plenty of times.
    I think they try to argue the fetus's lungs start to develop at week 3-5 (most major organs are starting to develop during this time). However, a fetus doesn't have fully developed lungs until week 36.

I think that's the "first breath" argument. But I feel like this is science feeding them a reason, not them using science as a reason.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Icon

Fetuses don't breathe in utero. They are in a sac filled with liquid. This is why babies can be born underwater with zero chance of that harming them.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

reference? and context??
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Icon

References:

Genesis 2:7 states “Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being”

Exodus 21:22*-‬23 "When people who are fighting injure a pregnant woman so that there is a miscarriage, and yet no further harm follows, the one responsible shall be fined what the woman's husband demands, paying as much as the judges determine. If any harm follows, then you shall give life for life" (ie the punishment for causing a miscarriage is less than the punishment for murder)

Job 27:3: (Job speaking) "as long as I have life within me, the breath of God in my nostrils ..."

Ezekiel 37:5 (Valley of dry bones story) - "This is what the Sovereign Lord says to these bones: I will make breath enter you, and you will come to life."

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Wasn’t talking to you. So if you are going to join in, try to follow the prior conversation. I literally quoted someone else that brought up vaccination in this thread. So why don’t you ask him and not me?

Either that or go full Trudeau as a mod and censor political info you disagree with because you crave power and think you misinformation is the best misinformation.
    Can I ask why you are like this? Always so confrontational.

Dobber Sports Titan

Fetuses don't breathe in utero. They are in a sac filled with liquid. This is why babies can be born underwater with zero chance of that harming them.
    People aren't that smart on the one side of the argument. They grasp at straws and use religion as the reason. I was just saying what I heard in the past as a argument.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Lol. This guy is 4 times vaccinated but still admits to personal fear, symptoms and transmission ability of Covid. We’ve got an intellectual on our hands here.
    Im option 3 dumbass. Learn to read. Twice vaccinated forced by my job, not by my choice, and to my knowledge Ive never had covid. Im not afraid to get it, im afraid of people like you though.

And thank you for finally explaining your thinking "i want everyone to survive" because your motives have been far from clear. although i personally do not see the connection between survival and not being vaccinated I will let it pass. When we get to the overpopulation topic one day (not now please) then we can revisit our opinions.

Dobber Sports Titan

Vice again knocks it out of the park
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDaf...annel=VICENews

Dobber Sports Master

I'm curious if anyone is going to try using a version of "stand your ground law"/self defense should they get charged for having an abortion... you just have to claim you believed your life was at risk to cap 2 grown-ass adults in parts of the US, surely you could do the same for a pregnancy. After all, in the US, the death rate (for the mother) in live births is 23.8 deaths per 100,000 in 2020, vs a homicide rate of only 7.8 per 100,000 in 2020.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril