Thread: Which D for the playoff run?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Which D for the playoff run?

Hi all,

I am torn for my last D pick. I have to tomorrow (Monday) before the games start to modify my picks. We have 2D per pooler., 6 poolers. So this is not a deep pool.

I have DeAngelo and Girard. But I looked deeper in Girard's number at the end of the season and it is far from amazing. So right now I can choose within these D:
    Josi
    Doughty (injured)
    Klinberg
    Heiskanen
    Krug
    Hanifin
    Barrie
    Byram
    Weeger

or just keep Girard and DeAngelo. As you see it is either good D in teams with poor chances to survive, or okay D in better teams.

Who would you pick?

1pts per goal and assist. 1pts bonus for SHG and 2pts hat trick.

Thanks
    10 team, points only, no cap, Bonus : PPG, SHG, HT, Shoot Out
    Top 9F, 4D, 1G . Keep 10 + 2 extras 150g or less, Max 22 (12F, 6D, 2G + 2 extras)

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Which D for the playoff run?

Krug over Girard for sure, Blues can go deep, that is arguably the deepest forward core in the league.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'd keep DeAngelo (good team #1 pp) Consider Hanafin. (Good Team) He has 9 pts in last 10 games. Over the last 10 games 22:38 TOI and 2:52 PP TOI. And he played 81 games this year.
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Dobber Sports Genius

DeAngelo and Weeger then Krug for me. Just think Florida can go far.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Initiate

Ok, so based on your answer, it is pretty much within Krug, Hannifin and Weeger.

Hannifin seems to be the on fire commodity right now, with chances to reach the final. Weeger as well but with Ekblad on his way back, I suspect some regression.