Poll: Rangers vs Penguins

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Eastern Conference First Round: (2) New York Rangers vs (3) Pittsburgh Penguins

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Eastern Conference First Round: (2) New York Rangers vs (3) Pittsburgh Penguins

Has there been abnormally more SHG's this playoffs? or is that just me seeing them more?
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Eastern Conference First Round: (2) New York Rangers vs (3) Pittsburgh Penguins

Man that's a tough one to swallow.

Gonna miss these guys. What a run.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

What does everyone thing about Petterson leaving the ice when his helmet was taken off?

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    What does everyone thing about Petterson leaving the ice when his helmet was taken off?
    I think the rule is very "correct". I also think somebody should be penalized for intentionally removing somebody else's helmet so they have to, so there is a mindset that NY should have been penalized.

Also, the rule states "A player on the ice whose helmet comes off during play shall be assessed a minor penalty if he does not exit the playing surface, or retrieve and replace his helmet properly on his head (with or without his chin strap fastened)". This happened behind his own net and Petterson skated off the ice screaming at the refs while he went, and Zibanejad scored shortly later. He could have picked up the helmet and put it back on.

Also, the goal came probably 10 seconds after after Petterson had left the ice and his replacement was well on the ice. I think it's less of a factor than Pittsburgh is making it out to be. Of course, the refs could have called a penalty on the Rangers. There was less than 6 minutes left in the game with Pittsburgh up by 1, so that is not likely...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Veteran

I think the issue was the confusion around the rule. Almost everyone thought that the player HAD to leave the ice, and picking up their helmet WASN'T an option. They had someone come on the broadcast during the CAL/DAL game's intermission to clarify the latter part of the rule.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

The rule is well intentioned, but poorly implemented (I mean it is the NHL after all). However it did not cost Pittsburgh the game or the series. Blowing leads in game 5, 6, and 7 cost Pittsburgh the series and there is no singular cause or event. Nobody to blame but themselves.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    The rule is well intentioned, but poorly implemented (I mean it is the NHL after all). However it did not cost Pittsburgh the game or the series. Blowing leads in game 5, 6, and 7 cost Pittsburgh the series and there is no singular cause or event. Nobody to blame but themselves.
    Agreed. In a vacuum, there should have been a penalty. But the lack of penalty was not a factor in the final outcome of the series.
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    I think the issue was the confusion around the rule. Almost everyone thought that the player HAD to leave the ice, and picking up their helmet WASN'T an option. They had someone come on the broadcast during the CAL/DAL game's intermission to clarify the latter part of the rule.
    This was my thinking as well. It is all about the NHL players understanding of the rule.

If Messi came over to North America and played a game of hockey... would he fully expect he was able to kick the puck in the net?
    Is the onus on the NHL to make sure every player understands the rules? Or is the onus on the management/coach/players to make sure the players understand the rules?
    Especially new ones that were implemented recently.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    It's interesting. I have known since the implementation of the rule that you can either leave the ice or put it back on. I know that this was something that I applauded when it happened, so maybe I was just more invested in the rule and therefore knew about it. To most, this might be one of those rules which is pretty inconsequential, so not a lot of need to delve into it. Regardless, there is a level of responsibility on each player to know the rules.

To me, Crosby complaining about this seems more like "Sour Grapes" than him really blaming the loss of the series on this one instance as I don't think it was a huge factor in the goal, let alone the series loss.

Rylant