Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Thread: General Warning: User: notch4077

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: General Warning: User: notch4077

Great. Each side has said their piece, and now we can move on. Any more name calling, and we can take action. For now, let's enjoy the lead-up to the playoffs, shall we?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Novice

Fair enough. I wanted to warn people and I have. Cheers.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Hi all,

I created an account on here just to vouch for OP. If you wish to have any satisfaction in a fantasy league do not join one with “notch.” I regularly play fantasy hockey with others and have fell in love with it, but couldn’t even bring myself to login to our fantrax league this season after the first month or so, despite having a top 3 roster and a bunch of future assets (draft capital) to go for it. McDavid, Kuch, Eich, M. Tkachuk, Dev Toews, Weegar, Bergeron, Pavelski, Jones, etc.. I’ve built this roster from when I joined 3 years ago, working my roster from bottom 3 to this, only to have everything change soon after.

Things he’s done just this year alone include but is not nearly limited to:

Disallowing trading for everybody except himself while his team was clearly above others. Before this he would veto trades that improved other contenders and only allow trades that wouldn’t hurt his chances of winning. If a trade was made that HE felt wasn’t an overpay from a good team, he would rebalance it himself by taking assets from the good roster or not putting it through. He manipulates newcomers to the point where if a new player joined you could bet your life on “notch” messaging them trying to take advantage of their lack of asset value recognition. He was also racist to an Asian member, and regularly mocks people with educated viewpoints. The list truly goes on but the more I say, the more excited the coward will get because he lives for this stuff.

Regardless of all these facts, the turnover in the league should be a big enough indicator. Multiple new people each year.

Fantasy hockey should be competitive and fun, but Steve takes the competition out of it and runs a dictatorship. I have honestly never spoken to a human before that is so stubborn and egotistical. His family member is in the league and even he says the guy has a couple bolts loose. Anyways, I just hope this thread will prevent other people from being taken advantage and there hard earned money literally stolen.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I want to know what happened, this drama is great.
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Click here for my teams (not up to date)

Links are too a google document.

Dobber Sports Novice

There are comments pending admin approval.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Usually in these types of situations there's some truth to both sides and one side sorta rules over the other side, but who knows except the actual participants.

Shame on the person(s) who does wrong, but also shame on the person(s) who pours fire onto the wound after establishing the " warning to others". It seems there might be a little bit of both happening here.

I would propose a question, is there a history of this type of abuse from the Commissioner? A larger body of work of wrong doing? It sounds like ya'll have some history together for more than just one season? So if a person cheated this year, I would suspect there is prior cheating moments and what was done it at that time? IF there was a time?

It feels like there is more to this than just the accusation that was in the OP.

CAN-AM National Hockey League ~ 6th Year
    CAN-AM United Hockey League ~ 6th Year
    CAN-AM Memorial Hockey League ~ 6th Year
    CAN-AM Hockey Association - 1st year

Dobber Sports Novice

No history. This is just the way he does things. I was actually a defender of his until this season where he lied and cheated his way to a win.

Hoping the comments from others get approved.

My post was to warn others.

Dobber Sports Star

I will just say, vetoes in any fantasy league, suck.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    I will just say, vetoes in any fantasy league, suck.

Rylant
    And lying. And cheating. And only approving trades involving him.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

this isn't the first time someone called out notch for his scummyness

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by PinchingD View Post
    this isn't the first time someone called out notch for his scummyness
    Interesting, I thought I remembered somebody complaining about him before but wasn't sure.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

This all interesting. About two moths ago Notch was warning everyone about Fighting Emu being a fraud (paraphrasing). This thread shows that. https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...raft-this-year. Guess you don’t know who to trust.
    12 Team H2H keeper league. Start 4-C, 4-LW, 4-RW, 6-D and 1-G. Scoring: Skaters, G-3pts, A-3pts, Blks-.4,
    Hits-.2, P/M-.25, Hatty-10, PPG-3, PPA-2, SHG-3, SHA-2, SOG-.2, Goalie, GA-(0-3) -1pts, (4-10) -3pts ea.
    Losses-5, Wins-5, SO-15, Saves-.2

C - Dvorak, Hischier, Kuznetsov, Couture, Copp
    F - Konecny, Hoffman, Ritchie, Verhaeghe, Buchnevich, Mantha, Pasternak,
    Bertuzzi, Duchene, Kubalik, Palat, Bjorkstrand, Meier, Palmieri,
    D - Carlson, Makar, Muzzin, Pesce, Pionk, Trouba,
    G - Vasilevskiy, Mrazek, Nedeljkovic
    M - Lundkvist, Perunovich

Dobber Sports Ace

I want to see the trades. Dude said he kept the admin logs. If there's nothing to hide, let's see the evidence.

The only reason someone wouldn't provide evidence that exonerates them is because it doesn't exist.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Ninja

Appreciate the head's up. This is not too surprising to be honest.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by CAN-AM Commish View Post
    Usually in these types of situations there's some truth to both sides and one side sorta rules over the other side, but who knows except the actual participants.

Shame on the person(s) who does wrong, but also shame on the person(s) who pours fire onto the wound after establishing the " warning to others". It seems there might be a little bit of both happening here.

I would propose a question, is there a history of this type of abuse from the Commissioner? A larger body of work of wrong doing? It sounds like ya'll have some history together for more than just one season? So if a person cheated this year, I would suspect there is prior cheating moments and what was done it at that time? IF there was a time?

It feels like there is more to this than just the accusation that was in the OP.

This is how I feel reading this as well. It feels like this isn’t strictly just a hockey issue. Regardless, while I can understand the intent of posting here, wouldn’t it have made more sense to email fantrax (I assume you were using fantrax) with these complaints? They’re normally very reasonable with refunding when applicable.

Being a commish sucks (from experience). It’s not easy and it takes up a ton of time and really sucks the enjoyment out of the league sometimes. I’m not condoning cheating or abuse of authority here by any means.

I just feel there are better avenues here to get things rectified. It’s a strange time to post this (after the season) and if these had been going on all year, why not address it earlier? There’s a reason dobber has the pin on this as a “buyer beware” for these threads.