Poll: Who wins this series?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Conference First Round: (2) Edmonton Oilers vs (3) Los Angeles Kings

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Western Conference First Round: (2) Edmonton Oilers vs (3) Los Angeles Kings

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    What does that mean?
    I was insinuating their core hasn't won a playoff series, but I forgot about them beating SJ a few years back.

The Great One

Default Re: Western Conference First Round: (2) Edmonton Oilers vs (3) Los Angeles Kings

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    That sequence for the GWG was Mike Smith in a nutshell. The homerun style pass that lead to a giveaway, then a huge diving stop, then couldn't get the "simpler" save. It still was a tip, but man...Who starts Game 2?
    Skinner if they’re smart.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    That sequence for the GWG was Mike Smith in a nutshell. The homerun style pass that lead to a giveaway, then a huge diving stop, then couldn't get the "simpler" save. It still was a tip, but man...Who starts Game 2?
    In a league where goals are so valuable, you're simply never going to convince me that M0ke Sm0th's puck handling is an asset. These plays are far far more common than the breakaway pass to McDavid. Saving hits on the D? All anyone complains about is how much less hitting is in the game now. Being a good puck handler doesn't just mean being proficient at actually playing the puck, but making consistently good decisions when doing that. Sm0th only has 50% of the requisite skills to be a good puck handler. It's like shooting. Just because your shot is really hard it doesn't mean you are a good shooter. Michael Stone has an absolute cannon but he is inaccurate, gets it off slow, and doesn't get it trough traffic so it doesn't matter.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Skinner if they’re smart.
    Thank god you're not running the team.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    In a league where goals are so valuable, you're simply never going to convince me that M0ke Sm0th's puck handling is an asset. These plays are far far more common than the breakaway pass to McDavid. Saving hits on the D? All anyone complains about is how much less hitting is in the game now. Being a good puck handler doesn't just mean being proficient at actually playing the puck, but making consistently good decisions when doing that. Sm0th only has 50% of the requisite skills to be a good puck handler. It's like shooting. Just because your shot is really hard it doesn't mean you are a good shooter. Michael Stone has an absolute cannon but he is inaccurate, gets it off slow, and doesn't get it trough traffic so it doesn't matter.
    What D want from a puck handling goalie is to stop the puck behind the net, and to make a pass below the goal line. Anything else if you ask a D "Would you rather the goalie give a 90% pass to a d in the corner, or a 60% stretch pass to a forward" they'll say the 90% pass. D want predictable plays by the goalie when they have the puck. Nothing is more infuriating than not knowing where the goalie is gonna play the puck.

A goalie with the puck for more than 2s is an issue, and D start to panic and not know what to do.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

Man these Oilers just can't help themselves...

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Man these Oilers just can't help themselves...
    Fan of team who suffers from decades of futility sees team win 1 playoff game and decides to poke fun at fanbase of other team that suffers from decades of futility after losing 1 playoff game.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Thank god you're not running the team.
    If I was I wouldn’t have rewarded all the seasons hard work by entering the playoffs with two terrible goalies I can tell you that. The goalie situation is a clown show encapsulated just as Olympicgold said.
    GONG!!!!!

That’s the sound of another early exit because your GM sucks.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Yes. Ask Jarry or MAF how that worked out last season...
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Genius

I was listening to lot's of analysis on this series yesterday and if anyone gave LA anything in this series, they said they have better goaltending. I thought to myself that's the one area in a hockey game that I would have the most doubts about if my team was deficient in. I still think Edmonton gets it done in round 1 but it's crazy to think after one game there is already speculation about putting in the back up.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Titan

Guys on the NHL XM station said they have felt the team has rallied around Koskinen more than around Smith. Should be interesting tmo who we see as the starter

Woodcroft has told media he has decided on the starter, but won't tell the media at this point.

Dobber Sports Initiate

wait what? So running Mcdavid 25 minutes a night into the ground isn't a recipe for success? consider me shocked. This has got to be one of the most inefficient franchises in the league. So much talent wasted on a yearly basis.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Fan of team who suffers from decades of futility sees team win 1 playoff game and decides to poke fun at fanbase of other team that suffers from decades of futility after losing 1 playoff game.
    Sounds about right. I'm def going to rub it in while I still can...

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Sounds about right. I'm def going to rub it in while I still can...
    Fair enough. I'd probably do the same hahaha.

Dobber Sports Titan

Smith is the starter (confirmed) from reporter Jack Michaels.

He's also reporting that the bottom 6 could get a mix up:
    Archibald-RNH-Ryan
    Foegele-McLeod-Kassian