Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Elon Musk officially buys Twitter!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Elon Musk officially buys Twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    So much funny in that post lmao.
    no kidding. yikes.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    It's funny how people are so concerned about misinformation? What ever happened to free will and the ability for people to decide what is the truth for themselves. If you truly feel we need censorship to stop the spread of misinformation than your saying we as a society are too easily manipulated and stupid to decipher fact from fiction. If that is the case than maybe we should be state run and not be able to make our own decisions

Misinformation has been around for years. Sometimes it's corporations, Tobacco industry, sometimes it's the government the Vietnam war and sometimes it's just plain old charlatans Kevin Trudeau author of "natural cures they don't want you to know about", remember that one? Point being give me the information and I will use the information for right or wrong how I see fit.
    How do you know what the real information is? That's the problem.

Dobber Sports Ninja

If you truly feel we need censorship to stop the spread of misinformation than your saying we as a society are too easily manipulated and stupid to decipher fact from fiction.
    Welcome to America

Dobber Sports Star

That's why I said for right or wrong. Let people read arguments on both sides and decide. I know some will just dismiss my comment with short no explanation responses but I just consider them trolls. However, every advance we have ever made as a society has come up against some mainstream criticism but has ultimately progressed us further. There was a time when the mainstream thought climate change wasn't real. Imagine if we were just allowed to remove that dis information and not explore it?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sci...arly-wrong/amp
    I see your point now and more-or-less agree. The solution to misinformation isn't to try to silence it or sweep it under the rug. Expose it, correct it, prove it wrong for everyone to see.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I love how everyone is riled up over Musk buying twitter with HIS money (not just here), and no one gives a **** when Trudeau pissed hundreds of millions of OUR money away.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Stifler View Post
    I love how everyone is riled up over Musk buying twitter with HIS money (not just here), and no one gives a **** when Trudeau pissed hundreds of millions of OUR money away.
    Leave it to Stifler to twist a thread about Elon Musk and Twitter into his own obsessed hatred for the Canadian Prime Minister.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Leave it to Stifler to twist a thread about Elon Musk and Twitter into his own obsessed hatred for the Canadian Prime Minister.
    In fairness I don't how this guy is allowed to keep his job (Trudeau)
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Initiate

same goes for Biden really.

Point is, this guy is spending his own money while trillions of ours get pissed away on the daily.

Dobber Sports Star

I see your point now and more-or-less agree. The solution to misinformation isn't to try to silence it or sweep it under the rug. Expose it, correct it, prove it wrong for everyone to see.
    In theory, this approach would be best. But practical experience shows that the impact of a mass spreading of harmful misinformation is greater than any after-the-fact correction. Can't put the toothpaste back in the tube and all that. In addition, most people who have a mindset which is to trust authority above their own senses tend to believe the big lie instantly and work very hard to disbelieve even ironclad proof once the lie has been accepted. The approach of letting misinformation which has the intent to harm just exist and hoping everyone will quickly realize and disregard it is not workable in the modern age. The harm outweighs the noble ideal's benefit.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    In theory, this approach would be best. But practical experience shows that the impact of a mass spreading of harmful misinformation is greater than any after-the-fact correction. Can't put the toothpaste back in the tube and all that. In addition, most people who have a mindset which is to trust authority above their own senses tend to believe the big lie instantly and work very hard to disbelieve even ironclad proof once the lie has been accepted. The approach of letting misinformation which has the intent to harm just exist and hoping everyone will quickly realize and disregard it is not workable in the modern age. The harm outweighs the noble ideal's benefit.
    The problem is who gets to decide what "misinformation" is? There was a time when the concept of a spherical earth was widely considered to be misinformation, as one example of where that approach would lead us astray.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

same goes for Biden really.

Point is, this guy is spending his own money while trillions of ours get pissed away on the daily.
    From hundreds of millions to trillions in 51 minutes. Damn Trudeau is spending money fast lmao.

Of note, apparently “helping people” and “unemployment support” is pissing money away, for a brief glimpse into these people’s psyche towards other people and helping the less fortunate.

Dobber Sports Veteran

The unfortunate part of the entire situation is, the egomaniacs who threatened to leave the US once Trump won are the same unreliable losers who won't leave Twitter after threating to if the Musk takeover came to fruition. Then again, the endless amount of melodramatic content they've provided over the last 48 hours is glorious.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    The unfortunate part of the entire situation is, the egomaniacs who threatened to leave the US once Trump won are the same unreliable losers who won't leave Twitter after threating to if the Musk takeover came to fruition. Then again, the endless amount of melodramatic content they've provided over the last 48 hours is glorious.
    Again, who?! Who specifically are you talking about?

You make these broad generalizations about people you're mad at, but who are they?? Do you even know?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

You make these broad generalizations about people you're mad at, but who are they?? Do you even know?
    And where is all this melodramatic content? My twitter feed looks exactly the same today with the same type of content as every day.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I never said I was mad at them, so I'm not sure where you're getting that idea. Open Twitter. Turn on almost any media outlet. Check your Facebook.

Celebrities, politicians, athletes, "influencers", "TV personalities", Biden administration, the list goes on.