Thread: How many moves to hold for the week?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default How many moves to hold for the week?

I have 2 moves left in a very tight championship matchup.

Looking ahead I basically have full lineups today, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday so there won't be much room on those days.

Should I use my 2nd last move to drop Parise for Provorov to pick up an extra 3 man games in my lineup?

Or do I hold on to 2 moves in case one has to be a goalie add later in the week?

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: How many moves to hold for the week?

With it being very tight I think those extra the man games go a long way. That would be my lean.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Superstar

Yes do it. Use one move to add man games (3 is huge). Try and see if there is a category you can tip in your favour with 3 extra games.
    Like if hits is close, a goon can easily add 8-10 in 3 games, that flips a whole category. if you have categories...

The final move is risk-reward aspect. If you have suspect goalies or may need a final start it's best to save for a late goalie add. If you have quality in net then going all in to add an additional 3 man games is smart.
    Without knowing more I would say hold your final move for a few more days.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    Yes do it. Use one move to add man games (3 is huge). Try and see if there is a category you can tip in your favour with 3 extra games.
    Like if hits is close, a goon can easily add 8-10 in 3 games, that flips a whole category. if you have categories...

The final move is risk-reward aspect. If you have suspect goalies or may need a final start it's best to save for a late goalie add. If you have quality in net then going all in to add an additional 3 man games is smart.
    Without knowing more I would say hold your final move for a few more days.
    Unfortunately it's not Hits...I do have a decent lead in that.

But ya I think I will make one for Provorov and hope to catch up in SOG and tack on some points.

Dobber Sports Stud

For me it really comes down to 2 things:

1) Do I have "insurance" (e.g. bench) in case a guy I presume is playing Su/T/T/F gets scratched/injured/day off? If I do have a couple of guys who can fill in, then yes, I'd look to max out my off nights.

2) Is the player you're adding (in this case Provo) "worth" it. Do the "expected" cats he'll contribute to matter? Or is it just a "player" for that night. If it's just a "warm" body that might get lucky with an assist, then I likely hold the add as extra insurance on my goalies.

So if you've got insurance for the busy nights, and Provo is "worth" it to your needs this week. Yessir! Make the add. (And Provorov is a solid add in general)

If you don't have insurance on those nights, and Provo isn't likely to contribute to cats you really need... then I hold. Final week often means the odd guy we didn't know had a nagging injury sits unexpectedly.

I'd personally rather be able to adjust later in the week if needed - but that really is a personal decision for each GM.

Good luck HR!
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by YzermansLegacy View Post
    For me it really comes down to 2 things:

1) Do I have "insurance" (e.g. bench) in case a guy I presume is playing Su/T/T/F gets scratched/injured/day off? If I do have a couple of guys who can fill in, then yes, I'd look to max out my off nights.

2) Is the player you're adding (in this case Provo) "worth" it. Do the "expected" cats he'll contribute to matter? Or is it just a "player" for that night. If it's just a "warm" body that might get lucky with an assist, then I likely hold the add as extra insurance on my goalies.

So if you've got insurance for the busy nights, and Provo is "worth" it to your needs this week. Yessir! Make the add. (And Provorov is a solid add in general)

If you don't have insurance on those nights, and Provo isn't likely to contribute to cats you really need... then I hold. Final week often means the odd guy we didn't know had a nagging injury sits unexpectedly.

I'd personally rather be able to adjust later in the week if needed - but that really is a personal decision for each GM.

Good luck HR!
    Great points as well.

My insurance is really just our boy Raymond. Who isn't much more than a warm body at this point.