Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Robin Lehner to get season ending surgery

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: (REFUTED BY TEAM) Report: Robin Lehner to get season ending surgery

Lehner to back up tonight.

Friedman on HNIC said Lehner told the team he was going to get season ending surgery some time after the game he was pulled from in the first period. He obviously walked that back after cooling down a bit. He is playing through at least one fairly serious injury, possibly two (knee, shoulder?).

Bit of a gongshow.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

The Great One

I read the main issue is a hip flexor.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    I had the Vegas lock, Lehner and Broissoit and life was good. And then the season started! Needless to say, ya, cluster f*ck!

Yep #metoo

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Titan

So this is the latest update.

Lehner has been battling through this injury since Early Feb. He was trashed by the head coach to the media about his play while he was battling for the team, gets mad and says "I'm having surgery now screw you guys". Cap wise though, they can't deal with him not playing. There isn't enough runway for LTIR, they don't have cap for IRing Lehner and doing a call up, they pissed Lehner off enough where he chose to not help them out anymore. The team then convinced him to backup due to cap reasons.

In reality, they could have said Lehner has been hurt right before game time, used the arena emerg goalie for 1 game, use the emerg loan/call up (that doesn't go against the cap) for the remaining couple of games. They really could have worked together and lied about it. Like they get away with enough anyways, the league wouldn't touch this. But the team threw the guy who's battled for the team under the bus and Lehner won't work with them.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    So this is the latest update.

Lehner has been battling through this injury since Early Feb. He was trashed by the head coach to the media about his play while he was battling for the team, gets mad and says "I'm having surgery now screw you guys". Cap wise though, they can't deal with him not playing. There isn't enough runway for LTIR, they don't have cap for IRing Lehner and doing a call up, they pissed Lehner off enough where he chose to not help them out anymore. The team then convinced him to backup due to cap reasons.

In reality, they could have said Lehner has been hurt right before game time, used the arena emerg goalie for 1 game, use the emerg loan/call up (that doesn't go against the cap) for the remaining couple of games. They really could have worked together and lied about it. Like they get away with enough anyways, the league wouldn't touch this. But the team threw the guy who's battled for the team under the bus and Lehner won't work with them.
    Thanks for the post. Good for Lehner. Las Vegas has become a very unlikeable organization. With Boudreau having a mutual option for next year and having a good relationship with Vegas's brass, seems like replacing Deboer with Boudreau would be a realistic move.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

The Great One

Default Re: Robin Lehner to get season ending surgery

Boudreau who is currently coaching the Vancouver Canucks??
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Boudreau who is currently coaching the Vancouver Canucks??
    The same, and without a contract for next year at the moment is the insinuation if I'm not mistaken.

The Great One

He has a contract for next year but there is an out clause with a substantial payout if the Canucks don’t pick it up.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Titan

And for context, DeBoer was making the comments about his goalie after they lost to the Sharks, his former team.

DeBoer knows he's on the hot seat and isn't dealing with it well. I wonder how much the head office is pressuring him on decisions, and if you're a coach and being told that they were dealing for Eichel, but that would include LTIRing Stone, your captain and Eichel isn't ready yet...but expectations are the same....i'd be mad too.

Here, build me a house, I'm getting you all the lumber you need, but give me your hammer because I need to pawn it to get the money for the Lumber. You haven't built me the house?! But you have Lumber! Just seems like a bad situation for a coach to be in, and he's not a top tier coach to over come the issues management put him in.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    He has a contract for next year but there is an out clause with a substantial payout if the Canucks don’t pick it up.
    Can't rep at the moment but thanks. Didn't realise there was a team option for a second year. Friedman also seemed to think Boudreau can opt out of the 2nd year if he wants but I'm not sure if anything has been confirmed since this article came out.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article...tiple-options/

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Can't rep at the moment but thanks. Didn't realise there was a team option for a second year. Friedman also seemed to think Boudreau can opt out of the 2nd year if he wants but I'm not sure if anything has been confirmed since this article came out.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article...tiple-options/
    Sounds like a mutual opt-out.

He can opt out if he wants, team can opt out and likely pay like $1mill, or he can stay and coach 2022-23 for $2.5mill (capfriendly shows his next yrs salary).

Dobber Sports Sage

Sounds like a mutual opt-out.

He can opt out if he wants, team can opt out and likely pay like $1mill, or he can stay and coach 2022-23 for $2.5mill (capfriendly shows his next yrs salary).
    Yes. This has been reported by Drance on the Vancouver Athletic podcast. It's not 100% certain but this is what they've pieced together with Friedman. Allvin recently made some comments about next season as if it wasn't a definite that they'd have Boudreau back. I don't get it. Boudreau has done a great job this season and would probably be the #1 free agent coach if he hit the market. As a Hughes, Demko, Miller owner, I definitely want Boudreau back in Vancouver next season.
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Yes. This has been reported by Drance on the Vancouver Athletic podcast. It's not 100% certain but this is what they've pieced together with Friedman. Allvin recently made some comments about next season as if it wasn't a definite that they'd have Boudreau back. I don't get it. Boudreau has done a great job this season and would probably be the #1 free agent coach if he hit the market. As a Hughes, Demko, Miller owner, I definitely want Boudreau back in Vancouver next season.
    If Boudreau hasn't said he's coming back, as an organization I'm not saying it either if the coach has an opt out. I get why BB wouldn't say anything right now, he could have options that suit his life better out there in the summer. Guy could be going yr-to-yr based off of if he's in it or not. But if I'm an organization I'm not committing to anything right now if I don't have too so I'm not backed into a corner. If no one is actually pressuring you besides the media, no need to box yourself in.

Dobber Sports Sage

If Boudreau hasn't said he's coming back, as an organization I'm not saying it either if the coach has an opt out. I get why BB wouldn't say anything right now, he could have options that suit his life better out there in the summer. Guy could be going yr-to-yr based off of if he's in it or not. But if I'm an organization I'm not committing to anything right now if I don't have too so I'm not backed into a corner. If no one is actually pressuring you besides the media, no need to box yourself in.
    It struck the plugged-in team writers as odd as well. Giving Boudreau a full public vote of confidence and saying they want the coach back doesn't box in Vancouver in.