Thread: Should I pick up Mike Smith or Jonathan Quick for ROS?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Should I pick up Mike Smith or Jonathan Quick for ROS?

My team and matchup is attached.

Thinking I drop Teuvo or Theodore and pick up Mike Smith? DeSmith and Quick are also out there. Quick's matchups vs @ANA, CHI, ANA, @SEA look juicy...hmm

-Teuvo will be the odd man out of my lineup Sat/Sun/Tues coming up as I have a full squad. On the last Thursday Pasta could be back so I wouldn't lose a game from Teuvo then. I'd just lose 1 game from Teuvo this Thursday vs Winnipeg.
    -Theodore I'd lose 5 games.

I've used 3 of 5 moves already. Stuetzle, Nichushkin and Raanta. Opponent still has all 5.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Should I pick up Mike Smith or Jonathan Quick for ROS?

If your matchup ends May 1, I think I would hold off through the end of the week and assess at that point.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Yeah probably not a bad idea to hold onto some moves in case of injuries, etc. I'm planning on benching Sorokin tonight vs Florida...is that the move?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by ljack1981 View Post
    Yeah probably not a bad idea to hold onto some moves in case of injuries, etc. I'm planning on benching Sorokin tonight vs Florida...is that the move?
    I wouldn't. Raanta won but didn't have a great SV% so I wouldn't be surprised to see Sorokin improve on that tonight.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I wouldn't. Raanta won but didn't have a great SV% so I wouldn't be surprised to see Sorokin improve on that tonight.
    Yeah that's true, just hope the rest of his team shows up tonight. Florida scares me!

Dobber Sports Superstar

pump the brakes on the moves, you're giving your opponent an opportunity to pounce.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Thanks for that! Oh man that could have been a really good result for me if the Isles could have cleared that darn puck out of the crease. Goes from a 2-1 win to a 3-2 OT loss. Sorokin still improved the SV% for me, unfortunately the opponent streamed Vladar so he's got a sub 2.00 GAA and .920 SV% to my 2.98 GAA and .912 SV%.

I did cash in on Huberdeau's 3 assists though...silver lining?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    pump the brakes on the moves, you're giving your opponent an opportunity to pounce.
    Brakes are pumped! haha. Opponent burned 3 moves between yesterday and today. Picked up Vladar and Nate Schmidt??? Oooookay. He didn't even play him and already had 3 D going. Then dropped Spencer Knight and Vladar today to pick up Zach Hyman.

Now we're both at 3/5 moves