Thread: Raanta vs Demko/Saros?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Raanta vs Demko/Saros?

IÂ’ve been happy with my goalies and am playing for the cup this week and next. But lately Saros has been inconsistent at best and Demko doesnÂ’t have much of a team in front of him. Am I crazy to think about dropping one of these guys for Raanta? Seems like no matter what happens with Andersen, heÂ’s going to get the bulk of the games between now and the end of the regular season. And he certainly has shown himself to be a capable goalie.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Raanta vs Demko/Saros?

I think you'd be crazy for doing that. It could work, but I'd play it safer.

Raanta is the guy least likely to be healthy 3 days from now, and is not a guy that should be handling back to backs or anything like that. If you could drop a spare skater for Raanta and use him tonight, that would be fine.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Superstar

the Canucks are fighting for their playoff lives so Demko is going to start often. If I'm not mistaken they're also white hot and winning right now so I cannot condone getting rid of him. Saros leads the league in wins and playing tonight so def can't move on from him IMO. Raanta is solid, I scooped him for a third goalie in one of my championship matchups but he's not being taken over these two. He gave up three last night to his former team that prior to this he was dominating every time he played them. Team in front of him has not been as dominant the past month either no offense so stick with what got you here in the first place.

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks guys. i will dance with the girl I took to the prom. But now it's Vas who I am wondering about. He has had one quality start in something like three weeks. And he lost to 3-4 Detroit AT HOME? Sheesh. I hope he finds his game again, and I hope TBL find theirs too. It's not all his fault, but dang.
    C: Kopitar, Jarvis (RW), Thomas
    RW: Wilson, Bratt (LW), Zuccarello, Svechnikov (LW)
    LW: B. Tkachuk, E.Kane, Boldy (RW)
    D: Matheson, Rielly, Dahlin, Burns
    G: Shesterkin, Vasilevskiy, Kochetkov
    IR+

10 Team H2H, one year, G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM, HIT, W, SVP, GAA, SV
    Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2Util, 2G