Thread: Eichel vs Aho

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Eichel vs Aho

In a keep all dynasty league with G, A, Pts, SOG, Hits, FOW and Blks as stats who are you guys taking moving forward? ( no salary cap )

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Eichel vs Aho

They are producing similar fantasy value at the moment with Eichel still having the higher ceiling going into future years after a healthy off-season and playing with Stone etc., where I think this is what Aho is and will be (which is still amazing). I go Eichel, I still think we haven't seen his true potential.
    12 team dynasty, H2H points, no cap, no max games
    12F (4 slots per pos), 6D, 2G, 32 players + 21 minor slots, minors eligibility <80 GP
    G: 4 / A: 2 / / Blk, Hit, SOG: 0.5 / Goalie W: 3 / Shutout: 1 / STP: 1 / SV% >.92: 1 / SV: 0.25

C: Eichel, Trochek, Barzal, Suzuki,
    W: Draisaitl, Ehlers, Dubois, Buchnevich, Necas, Debrusk, McCann, Jarvis
    D: Hughes, Morissey, Chychrun, Bouchard, Pionk, Parayko, McNabb
    G: Ullmark, Hart, Grubauer, Korpisalo

Prospects:
    Knies, Reichel, Kemell, Robertson
    Sandstrom

Quote Originally Posted by snaxwell View Post
    They are producing similar fantasy value at the moment with Eichel still having the higher ceiling going into future years after a healthy off-season and playing with Stone etc., where I think this is what Aho is and will be (which is still amazing). I go Eichel, I still think we haven't seen his true potential.
    That’s my 1st thought aswell thanks for the reply

Aho is great, and is likely the safe pick. There is still some uncertainty around Eichel's health, but he's a special talent. I'm taking peak Eichel over Aho.
    12 Teams, 23 Players (max 3 goalies), H2H, Keep 15 (max 2 goalies)
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 2F, 1U, 4D, 2G, 8 Bench, 2 IR+
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK, W, SV, SV%, SHO

Keepers:
    C - Matthews, Eichel, Hughes (LW), Pettersson
    LW - Kaprizov, Svechnikov (RW), Guentzel, Fiala, Keller (RW)
    RW - Marner, Meier (LW), Laine(C/LW), Jarvis (C)
    D - Dahlin​, Sergachev, Theodore, Klingberg, Werenski, Peeke, Cernak
    G - Shesterkin, Sorokin, Merzlikins
    IR - Pacioretty, Ristolainen

2023 Draft Picks: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

**2021/22 League Champion**

Dobber Sports Ace

Eichel's floor is high enough that I feel comfortable betting on his upside.

Aho is amazing but Eichel could have some really special years.
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

Dobber Sports Veteran

Aho for me….Eichel will have to prove he is capable to play 80 games…
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

I'm an Eichel owner, just to get any bias out of the way.

I'm taking Aho here personally. Everyone keeps saying Eichel's potential and how he has an untapped ceiling, I don't see it myself. He's 25, going on 26, yes he's been on bad teams...*team*, but these "special" players, even on horrid teams, are still able to produce at a very high level. Eichel is an elite talent, but I believe that's all he is, elite. I see him as a consistent ppg producer with some outlier years of 90+ points, but not more then that. I put him on the same level as Aho personally, but I feel Aho is the safer play here for a couple of reasons.

First and foremost, his long-term health isn't in question, Eichel's is, even if it's just a little bit. Secondly, Carolina long-term looks a hell of a lot better then Vegas, that team is going to fall apart around Eichel and he's going to be in a new Buffalo. Patches can't stay healthy and isn't exactly young (will be 34 next season), Stone is having injury concerns himself. They have no real ace in the hole prospects (Birsson looks like the lone bright spot). Vegas is in salary cap hell on top of everything else.
    Carolina's best players are all in their early to late 20's. They have many years (will lose some here and there due to cap unfortunately) of being in their prime and feeding off of one another. They got a lot of young up and coming players as well; Jarvis, Suzuki, Morrow, Drury.

5 years from now I see a near similar output in points from these two (based off ppg anyways). Both are good goal scorers, neither has shown being capable of 50 goal seasons, could see a couple of 40 goal seasons possibly from either of them, top PP deployment.
    12 Team Dynasty League. $4 increase per player a year FP/ reduced salary for 3 years, Keep 8-12 (League Champion 14/15, 16/17, 19/20, 22/23)

Categories - D-G, G, A, PPP, SHP, SoG, Hits/Blocks, FoW, FoW%, Give/Take, Wins, GAA, Save%, Saves.

C: Tavares $33, Eichel $16 (1st yr FP), Trocheck $18, Jenner $9 Beniers $2 (1st yr RC)

W: Ovechkin $18, Hintz $17, Pavelski $11, Zacha $10, Kaprizov $7, Johnston $2 (1st yr RC), Reichel $2 (1st yr RC), Bertuzzi $1, Tippet $1

D: Burns $20, Jones $17, Werenski $16 (2nd yr FP), Matheson $5, Spurgeon $1, OEL $1

G: Shesterkin $7, Sorokin $3 (2nd yr RC), Raanta $1

MLP Bench: Rossi, Nazar, Kovalenko, Nikishin, Morrow, Ivanov

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by bnet View Post
    I'm an Eichel owner, just to get any bias out of the way.

I'm taking Aho here personally. Everyone keeps saying Eichel's potential and how he has an untapped ceiling, I don't see it myself. He's 25, going on 26, yes he's been on bad teams...*team*, but these "special" players, even on horrid teams, are still able to produce at a very high level. Eichel is an elite talent, but I believe that's all he is, elite. I see him as a consistent ppg producer with some outlier years of 90+ points, but not more then that. I put him on the same level as Aho personally, but I feel Aho is the safer play here for a couple of reasons.

First and foremost, his long-term health isn't in question, Eichel's is, even if it's just a little bit. Secondly, Carolina long-term looks a hell of a lot better then Vegas, that team is going to fall apart around Eichel and he's going to be in a new Buffalo. Patches can't stay healthy and isn't exactly young (will be 34 next season), Stone is having injury concerns himself. They have no real ace in the hole prospects (Birsson looks like the lone bright spot). Vegas is in salary cap hell on top of everything else.
    Carolina's best players are all in their early to late 20's. They have many years (will lose some here and there due to cap unfortunately) of being in their prime and feeding off of one another. They got a lot of young up and coming players as well; Jarvis, Suzuki, Morrow, Drury.

5 years from now I see a near similar output in points from these two (based off ppg anyways). Both are good goal scorers, neither has shown being capable of 50 goal seasons, could see a couple of 40 goal seasons possibly from either of them, top PP deployment.
    This! If you want to roll the dice and hope Eichel stays healthy, hits his potential and plays in an on going rich offensive environment, then he's your guy. Or you go with the guy who's point production is PPG+, plays in the vast majority of his teams games and is in one of the best offensive environments in the NHL, well, then,
    Aho is your guy.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Thanks for the input guys

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I am going for Eichel still, Eichels floor is not FAR away from Aho rn. Not to mention Aho is the better all around player imo for bangers (more hits per game, more blocks per game)

Truthfully you can't go wrong with either imo, but I would quite happily choose Eichel here.
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Click here for my teams (not up to date)

Links are too a google document.