Thread: Joshua Roy

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Joshua Roy

Joshua Roy would have been eligible for the 2022 NHL draft is he was born 3 weeks later.

He has lit up the QMJHL and leads the league with 104 points in 57 games in his age 18 season.

If he were in the 2022 draft, would he be a top 10 pick based on the season he’s having?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Joshua Roy

I don't think so.

The skating/pace is still behind "NHL prospect quality"... but he can easily make up for that due to his elite hockey sense in the Q. Skills/brains have always been elite with him - it's the worry about skating that I think still holds teams back.

I do think he'd be a (late) first-round flyer/early 2nd this draft though. And the first to say that's why the J.Allison's, M.Stone's, D.Batherson's, even C.Perry became huge bargains during their draft years.

Great prospect having a monster year (and living up to that pre-junior pedigree) so don't mean to downplay him/his upside - just don't think he'd crack top 10 due the skating factor being where it currently is.
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji