Thread: Trade Pat Kane?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Trade Pat Kane?

League in sig, would you check on the market for Pat Kane?

He will be on his last contract year at 10,5M per….would that be the time to deal him?

It’s a salary cap dynasty league in points only….

Thoughts?
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Trade Pat Kane?

Kane and Voracek would look good off your cap.
    I doubt you can get much for Voracek at that cap cost.
    As for Kane I dont know, I am tempted to keep him as its his last year at that cap number, his next contract will be less of a cap hit and still really good production. So it might make more sense to continue to own him at this point.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd be very willing to check the market on just about any player, especially in a cap league.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Absolutely, testing the waters on P Kane's currently value is the way to go. You have a few big contracts with some older guys, specifically Kane and Voracek so moving one of those out certainly makes sense to give yourself some Cap to work with. I wouldn't be surprised if Kane signs a nice fat contract after this one, it might be a bit less but its still going to be a contract that likely doesn't have great value as Kane gets older and the numbers start to decline. Now is a good time to move on if you can. I'd shop Voracek as well.

The problem is, if your league and associated GM's are like many, any player over the age of 25 is considered over the hill (:

The return may not be spectacular, but if it's reasonable, then gaining Cap flexibility may well be worth it. Such is life in a CAP League (:
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Definitely worth testing the waters if you can. In general, I find it harder to move older players, so there is a good chance his real value to your team exceeds his trade value. Having said that, he could get a boost if you hold onto him until the summer. If he ends up getting traded, to the Rangers or otherwise, it will likely boost his value (can't really get any worse than Chicago at this point). Kane on a contending team will likely get you your best value.
    12 Teams, 23 Players (max 3 goalies), H2H, Keep 15 (max 2 goalies)
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 2F, 1U, 4D, 2G, 8 Bench, 2 IR+
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK, W, SV, SV%, SHO

Keepers:
    C - Matthews, Eichel, Hughes (LW), Pettersson
    LW - Kaprizov, Svechnikov (RW), Guentzel, Fiala, Keller (RW)
    RW - Marner, Meier (LW), Laine(C/LW), Jarvis (C)
    D - Dahlin​, Sergachev, Theodore, Klingberg, Werenski, Peeke, Cernak
    G - Shesterkin, Sorokin, Merzlikins
    IR - Pacioretty, Ristolainen

2023 Draft Picks: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

**2021/22 League Champion**

Dobber Sports Prodigy

True about players being considered ‘washed up’ or have peaked by 25–in our points only, no cap, dynasty league, Kane was traded for Necas and draft pick!