Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Cancel Disney?

Dobber Sports Star

Default Cancel Disney?

I could be wrong, but aren't an awful lot of the people screaming to cancel Disney, the same people who were all up in arms about "cancel culture" for Aunt Jemima and Dr. Seuss?

I don't get it...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Cancel Disney?

When your personal identity is crafted around the idea of wanting to be cruel to certain groups of people, logical consistency is going to fall by the wayside.

Dobber Sports Veteran

People should just shut up, do what they think is right, and not worry about what everyone else is doing. i dont care what you do, and please dont care what im doing either. Thanks. (this is all in the context that you are not harming someone else of course).

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    I could be wrong, but aren't an awful lot of the people screaming to cancel Disney, the same people who were all up in arms about "cancel culture" for Aunt Jemima and Dr. Seuss?

I don't get it...

Rylant
    They will come crawling back once their kids want to go to Disneyland and watch the next Pixar movie. I have no doubt Disney did the calculation on this. They had to determine which group of individuals would do the least damage to their bottom line when it came to their decision. They went this direction. Disney doesn't care about causes, people, or the world in any way except in how it relates to how much money they can suck out of the system. They are possibly the most efficient financial parasite in existence and I say this as someone with an active Disney+ subscription.

Dobber Sports Icon

I am completely out of the loop on this one, why are people screaming to cancel Disney?

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    I am completely out of the loop on this one, why are people screaming to cancel Disney?
    or Dr Seuss?
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Essentially, Florida has enacted a bill preventing any sexual orientation instruction in class. It is being referred to as the "Don't say Gay Bill". Disney came out opposed to the bill (after pressure from their employees) and many people are loudly calling for a Disney boycott in response.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post

I don't get it...

Rylant
    I can explain- The right and hypocrisy go hand in hand.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    I can explain- The right and hypocrisy go hand in hand.
    The irony.

Dobber Sports Ninja

It's comical that today's society has the ability to force billion dollar corporations into "taking a side" on matters that have literally nothing to do with them.

I miss the good old days when people had thicker skin and we could all be ourselves without having to worry about offending one group or another

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    The irony.
    You can't even acknowledge that the original statement that those calling to cancel Disney now are largely those who were so vehemently opposed to cancel culture in those other cases in the first place, can you?

Rylant

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    It's comical that today's society has the ability to force billion dollar corporations into "taking a side" on matters that have literally nothing to do with them.

I miss the good old days when people had thicker skin and we could all be ourselves without having to worry about offending one group or another

I dont have young kids anymore and I don't subscribe to Disney so this really doesn't affect me but I agree with what Blayze just said.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post

I don't have any idea what's going on with Disney being "cancelled" and I'd prefer to keep it that way, but unfortunately your concept of "the good old days" where we could "all be ourselves" never applied to EVERYONE (none of my gay friends grew up in an environment where they could be themselves and I'm sure they don't remember those times as the 'good old days"), and that's the problem people are trying to fix. It does get taken too far a lot of the time (in my opinion), but the pendulum needs to swing the other direction in order to settle in the middle.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    It does get taken too far a lot of the time (in my opinion), but the pendulum needs to swing the other direction in order to settle in the middle.
    Agree... that's kind of how I think of it too.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Deity

Maybe it's just me but the pendulum wasn't this far to one side compared to the way it's swung today. It's hard to justify that, I know, but that's just the way I see it. The middle would be lovely.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."