Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bet365 in Ontario

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Bet365 in Ontario

Because of new legislation in Ontario.... As of today bet365 was VOIDING!!!! any future bets or cashing them out at their cash out value.

Absolute robbery. Sickening.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Bet365 in Ontario

Coolbets is actually doing the proper thing. They are voiding every future bet, but honouring it if it's a winner. Like I have Kansas +1300 for the title ($5 to win $70 or something) and the site gave me my $5 back, but if Kansas wins will give me $70 win. And won't take $5 if they lose.

I'm thinking it'll be done in a credit though...something I gotta see. But at least they are doing that vs Bet365. I had about $100 in future bets and I was set to win on all but 1 (mackinnon O32.5G). A ton of people are pissed on twitter with Bet365, so they might have to change their ruling or they will lose customers to a bunch of different sites. I'm on TheScore Betting app now and it's good. Nothing crazy. Coolbets has the best odds so far on day-to-day games, but TheScore seems to have better future odds.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Sage

You have to use their Canadian app now ??????
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    You have to use their Canadian app now ??????
    I think all these sites flipped to a .ca site. And now you have a bit more "security" around it. Like location services need to be on your phone now to make sure you're within ontario to place the bet. Then a notification asking if "you're fit to bet" (prolly if you're drunk). And a couple of security questions added in.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Ya i am debating switching because of this. But bet365 always just had a perfect setup and I love the cash out feature. A lot of sites don't use that.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Ya i am debating switching because of this. But bet365 always just had a perfect setup and I love the cash out feature. A lot of sites don't use that.
    I'd say just add some money to another site to use their bonuses to see how you like it, then make the choice after you run out of funds on the new site.

Dobber Sports Deity

Me and two buddies bet daily on games, we each make a pick for a three way parlay and roll the dice. We use Bet365 and just recently I was unable to load the page and it asked me for my location. Well I am in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea so it picked up my location as the Netherlands for some strange reason and now I can't access it at all. I have to get my buddies to send me a daily screenshot of the odds from NS and NB (depending on who is around earliest). What a pain in the arse.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Still no update from them. Brutal.

Dobber Sports Master

you'd think there would be some advance warning ?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    you'd think there would be some advance warning ?
    The warning about the voided futures was 3 days. Notified Friday on the weekend of March frigging Madness, right before the basketball /hockey season end and before MLB begins.

Some people are complaining about the transfer not even working for them and having zero dollars in their account now. Mine has not been that bad... But still annoying that I was placing future bets last week and had them voided.

Now it's just this issue where it says I'm not in Ontario but I think I've found a way around that.

Dobber Sports Titan

I'm talking to Coolbets about my Kansas to win the Championship bet that was voided, yesterday they told me it would be awarded if they won in credits today the person is saying that's not the case.

These companies def got messed up with the ruling changes but they saw this coming for months, and still accepted March Madness championship bets knowing they were voiding bets on 2 teams to win the championship and them cashing in on every other bet that would have lost.

Now I'm arguing with the support agent about how the site says they will honour future bets where the league is over 50% complete and the bet has a reasonable chance to hit. From stuff on their own site. The support agent first sent me links from a .com version of the site that redirected me to .ca site. So they are just as confused as we are. I'm trying to take a step back and calm myself down for these support agents.

They're opening up a ticket to investigate this now. I wonder how much of the organizations knew about this issue. The top guys might have seen this as an opportunity to take money without needing to give out winnings, but the workers who are taking the customers blunt force had no idea what the potential issues would be.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Yep absolutely brutal. And now I'm required to have a separate locator app installed and running at all times? Really?

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Yep absolutely brutal. And now I'm required to have a separate locator app installed and running at all times? Really?
    Ya that's weird, I've forced it to stop after every time it opens up and I'm done betting. I only care about this for my battery really. The extra clicks to log in are annoying. Like "I am fit to play!" is weird, but obvious gov't ruling by someone who doesn't get it. I could be blasted wasted and still click "fit to play". I wonder how strong of a legal stance something like that is for the gov't to use, it's like every time you get into a car and it asks you are you sober enough to drive.

The set up right now is terrible, and the transition was terrible. I also see they've removed poker from the sites, which doesn't effect me but clearly some old Ontario rule is no online poker. So you can throw $100 on blackjack, but not poker.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Bet365 seems to be clearing things up....

And now has a $250 bonus for "new users". Which technically applies to people in Ontario since they had to change our accounts. So I'm happy about that.

Dobber Sports Titan

I was told I would get an email about this investigation they'd open on my Kansas bet, I never got one so I went to the support chat again to ask if it happened (squeaky wheel gets the grease) and they just awarded me the bet.

Over the next few days I feel like there will be enough stories about what sites are treating their customers correctly and customers jumping ship for bonuses that they might just have to award something.