Thread: Binnington VS Marchment and Francouz? What would you do?

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Binnington VS Marchment and Francouz? What would you do?

Just been offered Binnington for my Marchment and Francouz.

I did not plan on keeping my guys but wanted to see what would happen over the summer (I.e. Kuemper signs elsewhere, Marchment plays well in playoffs) so that I could adjust and worst case grab them with my first overall pick during our draft.

My question is, is Binnington just off this year and since he has a NTC he still has the crease in STL or is Husso cemented as the starter and Binny is a bonafied backup going forward unless he’s moved?

Any feedback is always welcome!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Binnington VS Marchment and Francouz? What would you do?

I'd keep Marchment & Francouz, and it's not close right now.

I'd also keep Francouz over Price.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I have zero faith in Binnington. He's been on a roller coaster ride his whole career, up and down and all over the place and he's doing it again this year and there is no reason to think he doesn't do it again next year. Pass for me.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I'd keep Marchment & Francouz, and it's not close right now.

I'd also keep Francouz over Price.
    Wow that’s bold!!! Are you banking on him being the starter if ever Kuemper doesn’t resign?
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    I have zero faith in Binnington. He's been on a roller coaster ride his whole career, up and down and all over the place and he's doing it again this year and there is no reason to think he doesn't do it again next year. Pass for me.
    Ya that was my reasoning too but his NTC and his long term 6m contract kinda force me to think that STL will give him every chance possible to redeem himself to respectable numbers. I don’t think we see his rookie numbers again but something like 2.60gaa and .914sv% is not that crazy.

Nonetheless, thanks for the advice! It helped me keep my guys in place and see what happens with them in the off-season before confirming if I drop them or if I keep one.

Minors:

Dobber Sports Ace

I wouldn’t touch Binnington, honestly.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Wow that’s bold!!! Are you banking on him being the starter if ever Kuemper doesn’t resign?
    My take is based on a few things.

Price stats: https://www.hockey-reference.com/pla...priceca01.html

Price has been a below average goalie the last few years, before the injury. He's had one good season in his last 4 he's played, and this year doesn't count. His major value had been as a volume starter on a good to very good team, but the team hasn't been really good for a while, excluding last year's playoff run.

I view it unlikely that he returns to being a huge volume starter next year at 35, coming off a very serious injury. So he is not a keeper candidate.

Francouz stats: https://www.hockey-reference.com/pla...francpa01.html

Francouz has been injured a bit the last two years, but when he's played, he's been excellent. He's a few years younger than Price, with far fewer games played - think of it as a slightly newer car with less mileage/kilometrage.

He, not Kuemper got the contract first, so he's at worst, going to be competing for that starting job in Colorado. Colorado is very, very good.

I'm not saying that you should keep Francouz once everything is settled in the offseason, but I definitely would NOT keep Price.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.