Thread: Last move of the year...have to drop ONE of these guys. Help me decide please.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Last move of the year...have to drop ONE of these guys. Help me decide please.

Hi Guys. Would love to get your opinion on which ONE of these guys you'd drop as I'm struggling with the decision. Pts only, G-1 A-1. I'm in the finals of the h2h portion of our Pool April 3 - 9. And in first at the moment in our Regular Season Long Points portion of the Pool. So looking to strengthen my team a bit for both competitions.
    PPG stands for Points Per Game on the Year to Date. POWeek stands for my Play Off Week April 3 to 9. And games left are from March 29.

[U]Barzal has 4 pts in last 8 games, O'Reilly 3 points in last 8 games.
    O'Reilly...is at .67 PPG. He has 4 games, all Home, for POWeek. And 17 games ROS, 7 at home.
    Barzal...is at .76 PPG on the year. 4 games in POWeek, all away. And 17 games ROS, 7 home.

If you made it this far into the post, thanks for your patience What do think? Which guy would you drop? Thanks gents, always appreciate your input and help. ...will REP who I can.
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Last move of the year...have to drop ONE of these guys. Help me decide please.

Quote Originally Posted by everfeb View Post
    Hi Guys. Need some advice. Hope you can help. Want to drop one of these guys. Pts only, G-1 A-1. I'm in our h2h finals April 3 - 9. Want to use my last move of the year now to hopefully improve my squad by a few points for PlayOff Week (POW). h2h is one part of our pool and ends April 9. The other part goes on until the end of season. I'm leading the Regular Pool and hoping to strengthen my squad a bit for the ROS.

All these guys have 5 points in last 8 games, not horrible but not great.
    O'Reilly...is at .68 PPG for the year. He has 4 games, all Home, for POW. And 17 games ROS, 7 astregthen t home.
    Barzal...is at .78 PPG on the year. 4 games POW, all on road. And 18 games ROS, 7 home.
    Strome... has .74 PPG for year. 4 games POW week, 3 Home. And 16 games ROS, 10 Home.
    Kopitar...has .85 PPG on the year. Just 2 games POW week, both home. Just 14 games ROS, 5 home.

Might be surprising to see Kopitar on this list but he is actually my first choice to drop. Had a 1.05 PPG the 1st quarter of this year. 2nd and 3rd quarters not so great averaging .70 PPG. Last year his 1st 2 quarters were really good then he folded the last 2.....to .63 PPG. I'm worried he just might continue with the weak play in the last 1/4 although he is showing signs of life, 5/3.

If you made it this far into the post, thanks for your patience What do think? Which guy would you drop? Thanks for any and all replies...will REP who I can. Have to have my moves in by 7pm EST tomorrow (March28) so really appreciate some quick replies.
    Both Dylan and Ryan Strome have a 0.74 pts/g believe it or not...I think you mean Ryan though based on that schedule.

I would probably...reluctantly...drop Kopitar. Sure someone could add him and benefit, but with only 2 GP its time to just do what you gotta do to win that h2h finals.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Last move of the year...have to drop ONE of these guys. Help me decide please.

Thanks for taking the time pmorrow. Yes, it is Ryan...so clarified OP. And Ya, this could very well be the 1st time in NHL history where brothers have the same pts/g this late into the season...Hmmm, Sedins, Mahavolichs, Richards? Kopitar is not on our list of restricted players so many teams in the pool besides me already have him on their squads. The gamble here is I drop him, he get "hot", the guy I pick to replace him doesn't thus many teams in the pool gain ground on me. Update on Kopitar...the 3 teams I'm condending with all have him too. I'm just going to hang on to him as his points going forward good or bad will be irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    Both Dylan and Ryan Strome have a 0.74 pts/g believe it or not...I think you mean Ryan though based on that schedule.

I would probably...reluctantly...drop Kopitar. Sure someone could add him and benefit, but with only 2 GP its time to just do what you gotta do to win that h2h finals.
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'm down to which one should I drop from these 2...Barzal or O'Reilly. Player details are in OP. Appreciate any thoughts. I'm able to drop Strome from my squad and add Kreider at no cost using our "IR" rule as shown in Signature. And as the 3 teams I'm contending with have Kopitar too (It's a NON-DRAFT Pool) I'm just going hang on to him to so his production good or bad won't effect me down the road.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

O'Reilly or Barzal. it's tuff. Close. Both are not producing much.
    I would take O'Reilly because of home games, easier opponents, stronger team, stronger PP and Blues are playoff contender.
    Barzal is playing 3rd line, less minutes than O'Reilly 2nd line.
    Also Sorokin is injured, emergency goalie called up. They have several back to backs, could affect team production.
    League: H2H, 1 year, 12 teams, no keepers, 5 FA pick-ups / week, unlimited trades.
    Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks, Wins, SV%, SHO
    Positions: 2xC, 2xLW, 2xRW, 4xD, 2xG, 4xBN, IR, IR+

Drop Batherson or other skater to stream into playoffs?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks GTX. you certainly made lots of good points. Barzal with 2 pts last night doesn't make the Decision any easier. O'Reilly (3 pts/last 8 gms) is really befuddling me...He plays ES with Perron (12/8) and Saad (6/8) and actually PP1 with Perron. How can some of those points not rub off on ROR.
    EDIT....despite his 2 points I dropped Barzal. And Presto...ROR has 2 pts so far tonight, I feel better LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by GTX View Post
    O'Reilly or Barzal. it's tuff. Close. Both are not producing much.
    I would take O'Reilly because of home games, easier opponents, stronger team, stronger PP and Blues are playoff contender.

Barzal is playing 3rd line, less minutes than O'Reilly 2nd line.
    Also Sorokin is injured, emergency goalie called up. They have several back to backs, could affect team production.