Default Deadline deal - yay or nay?

I'm rebuilding, I trade MY:

Trouba
    Henrique

for HIS:

Monahan
    B. Clarke
    Niederbach
    2022 1st (~10th overall in rookie draft)
    2022 4th (~45th overall in rookie draft)

I wouldn't mind keeping Trouba and hoping he stays consistent as I try to get out of the basement in the next few years. Also could make this deal and trade the 1st for more established talent. Like Clarke's upside but he could be quite a while? Henrique I got off waivers and won't have use for him next year, want to sell high. Niederbach is a bonus, could be good I dunno.
    12 team dynasty, H2H points, no cap, no max games
    12F (4 slots per pos), 6D, 2G, 32 players + 21 minor slots, minors eligibility <80 GP
    G: 4 / A: 2 / / Blk, Hit, SOG: 0.5 / Goalie W: 3 / Shutout: 1 / STP: 1 / SV% >.92: 1 / SV: 0.25

C: Eichel, Trochek, Barzal, Suzuki,
    W: Draisaitl, Ehlers, Dubois, Buchnevich, Necas, Debrusk, McCann, Jarvis
    D: Hughes, Morissey, Chychrun, Bouchard, Pionk, Parayko, McNabb
    G: Ullmark, Hart, Grubauer, Korpisalo

Prospects:
    Knies, Reichel, Kemell, Robertson
    Sandstrom

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Deadline deal - yay or nay?

In a dynasty where you're rebuilding, I make this deal easily. Henrique is just a guy.. there are plenty of Henrique's on the WW, even in the deepest of leagues (mine being one of those). Trouba is a solid contributor to peripherals, but you have some good Dmen in there. Honestly, I'd trade Trouba and Henrique for Clarke alone, so getting Niederbach and the 10oa/45oa is a huge bonus.

Guys like Henrique and Trouba are replaceable.. Clarke has the pedigree/upside to be a defensive mainstay.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Lindros88 View Post
    In a dynasty where you're rebuilding, I make this deal easily. Henrique is just a guy.. there are plenty of Henrique's on the WW, even in the deepest of leagues (mine being one of those). Trouba is a solid contributor to peripherals, but you have some good Dmen in there. Honestly, I'd trade Trouba and Henrique for Clarke alone, so getting Niederbach and the 10oa/45oa is a huge bonus.

Guys like Henrique and Trouba are replaceable.. Clarke has the pedigree/upside to be a defensive mainstay.
    Thanks for this! I also totally forgot to add that I randomly get Monahan as well as a throw-in for potential redemption. This makes it as easy W.
    12F (4 slots per pos), 6D, 2G, 32 players + 21 minor slots, minors eligibility <80 GP
    G: 4 / A: 2 / / Blk, Hit, SOG: 0.5 / Goalie W: 3 / Shutout: 1 / STP: 1 / SV% >.92: 1 / SV: 0.25

Prospects:
    Sandstrom

Dobber Sports Ace

I have finally lost faith in Monahan being fantasy relevant again. So to me, this is Trouba for the 10th overall pick, plus a lot of fluff and guys that may or may not work out. I’m not against trading Trouba while he’s hit, but I think you can do better.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by zambronies View Post
    I have finally lost faith in Monahan being fantasy relevant again. So to me, this is Trouba for the 10th overall pick, plus a lot of fluff and guys that may or may not work out. I’m not against trading Trouba while he’s hit, but I think you can do better.
    Clarke is far from a fluff guy.. + 10oa in a dynasty, that's an easy W. Trouba is definitely a solid state stuffer, but in a rebuild, that's two possible high end pieces (selling Trouba for 2 possible high end roster mainstays is great). Too many people use the proven > potential argument.. but those proven guys were once just potential.. once Clarke starts to flash that potential, it'll cost much more than Trouba to acquire.

Monahan has been inconsistent, but before the two last Covid shortened seasons, he was a solid contributor. I'm going to say that there's a 10% chance he's a Flame next season. There's no shortage of interest for a big C with multiple 25-30G season track record. Wherever he goes, he'll get plenty of opportunity to regain his form, and get to play with whichever team's top players... And you'll get that opportunity as a throw in, so yea, sign me up!

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Lindros88 View Post
    Clarke is far from a fluff guy.. + 10oa in a dynasty, that's an easy W. Trouba is definitely a solid state stuffer, but in a rebuild, that's two possible high end pieces (selling Trouba for 2 possible high end roster mainstays is great). Too many people use the proven > potential argument.. but those proven guys were once just potential.. once Clarke starts to flash that potential, it'll cost much more than Trouba to acquire.

Monahan has been inconsistent, but before the two last Covid shortened seasons, he was a solid contributor. I'm going to say that there's a 10% chance he's a Flame next season. There's no shortage of interest for a big C with multiple 25-30G season track record. Wherever he goes, he'll get plenty of opportunity to regain his form, and get to play with whichever team's top players... And you'll get that opportunity as a throw in, so yea, sign me up!
    Given the league set up, Trouba has huge value and I assume he’s easily a top 10 Dman this year in that league. My H2H league doesn’t weight hits or blocks nearly as high, and Trouba is the 8th best Dman this season in my league.

Monahan’s struggles go far beyond a couple of Covid seasons. As someone who has followed him closely, he’s not the player he once was.

That brings me to the question, would a team looking to make a playoff push pay more for a top 10 Dman at the deadline? My gut is telling me that he can absolutely get a better deal at the deadline for Trouba.

Dobber Sports Deity

I'd pass. Trouba is gold in this format. Monahan is a healthy scratch these days. You're trading a proven commodity in his prime years for a has-been and a lot of who knows.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Novice

Nay.

2022 is not a strong draft.

You don’t trade a 28 years old Top 15 fantasy D-Man in a Dynasty league for that kind of return.

While Clark is a nice prospect, it’s just not enough.

There are different levels of potential, and you need to either get higher quality potential, or more quantity.

You need to increase your chances as close to certainty as possible to have at least one building block for your rebuild if you trade a player of this caliber.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Nay for me as well. The reasons have already been provided.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Star

This is not enough for Trouba.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for the feedback here, everyone! I pulled the trigger a little early without seeing all of these responses. Let's see if I regret it. Still appreciate the replies.

Prospects:
    Sandstrom

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by snaxwell View Post
    Thanks for the feedback here, everyone! I pulled the trigger a little early without seeing all of these responses. Let's see if I regret it. Still appreciate the replies.
    You won't. Clarke and a 10oa are worth it alone. If you can milk some value from the 45oa next year ur laughing...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Update: I flipped the 10th overall pick this year for Seth Jarvis and then flipped Clarke for the 8th overall pick with which I picked Kemell.

I now see the trade as Trouba for Jarvis and Joakim Kemell. Not sure if that changes anyone elseÂ’s opinion here but I sure do like the trade a bit more. Trouba will still be great, but I think Jarvis is a stud and Kemell apparently shoots and hits a ton and could provide good multi cat value down the line.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

IMO, I would keep Clarke over Kemell. Clarke will be the guy in LA and not sure about Kemell in Nashville. Its a good trade, but i would prefer the one with Clarke

Dobber Sports Ace

Ouch, that Clarke for Kemmel swap might bite you.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk