Thread: Marchment vs Francouz; who wins?!?

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Marchment vs Francouz; who wins?!?

Hi all,

I’ve been offered Francouz for my team in sig vs Marchment. Both guys have less than 100 games played but they are trending upwards.

Just wondering if you would pull the trigger on this one (basically banking on Francouz landing a starting gig) or if you would hold on to Marchment as he could be the real deal if he ends up with top-6 mins in Florida or elsewhere?

Any advice is welcomed!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Marchment vs Francouz; who wins?!?

who wins?

good trade is when everybody goes home happy....in this case we have no clue....Francouz was showing some signs but cant stay healthy and lately has not been as good as expected when he played.

Marchment has have a season of good showing and he isnt very skill guy just works hard, is on right team and produces...He is also UFA at the end of the season and i believe he just priced himself out of Florida. Depending on where he goes his value may really drop next year.

So it really depends where you want to roll a dice...in net or on the wing...rest is left to the Gods! i dont think anybody can tell you for sure one way or another. Not enough certainty for either.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    who wins?

good trade is when everybody goes home happy....in this case we have no clue....Francouz was showing some signs but cant stay healthy and lately has not been as good as expected when he played.

Marchment has have a season of good showing and he isnt very skill guy just works hard, is on right team and produces...He is also UFA at the end of the season and i believe he just priced himself out of Florida. Depending on where he goes his value may really drop next year.

So it really depends where you want to roll a dice...in net or on the wing...rest is left to the Gods! i dont think anybody can tell you for sure one way or another. Not enough certainty for either.
    This sounds about right to me. This is a bit of a Hail Mary deal either way, one or the other might win, you both might lose, and who knows, maybe you both win. Personally I don't think either one is a game changer now or down the road but who knows.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Francouz, and it's honestly not that close for me.

Look at Francouz's rate stats in the NHL. He's fine to roster if he's a tandem guy on Colorado. However, he's the one signed for next year. His (non-injured) floor is useful tandem goalie. His ceiling is Avalanche starter.

Marchment seems to me that his ceiling is second line guy with peripherals, and his floor is locked into the bottom 6 with no upward momentum.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.