Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Farewell DobberForums

The Great One

Default Farewell DobberForums

Its been fun. 13 years. Almost 10k posts. The last 200 or so in the political chat screams out to me that the forums peaked a while ago (2016-2018).

Like many greats before me it's time to say goodbye to the forums.

Thanks for the tips, chats and memories.

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Farewell DobberForums

See ya

Dobber Sports Immortal

I don't get involved in the political stuff here so I will just say so long and farewell.

Dobber Sports Titan

I thought the farewell happened last week? Guess there wasn't enough fanfare around it. Ok.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Sage

Over or under
    Will this last longer than Brady's retirement?
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Hasn't it already been under twice?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Ahhh right on cue, the groupthink came to mock and take their parting shots. So predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    Ahhh right on cue, the groupthink came to mock and take their parting shots. So predictable.
    And as a "free thinker" you....also came to mock? Action is the same even if it's directed in a different direction.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    You love this term "groupthink", but you completely misuse it. Those of us you say are in this group often disagree on plenty of things (there are probably 10+ threads on this forum where Rataylor and I argue violently). It just so happens we agree that 3 or 4 people here are miserable jerks.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    And as a "free thinker" you....also came to mock? Action is the same even if it's directed in a different direction.
    I've never said I'm above mocking. The difference is, if you posted a thread saying you were leaving the forums, I'd smile for a second, then I'd post in that thread saying farewell despite us not seeing eye to eye on many things.

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    You love this term "groupthink", but you completely misuse it. Those of us you say are in this group often disagree on plenty of things (there are probably 10+ threads on this forum where Rataylor and I argue violently). It just so happens we agree that 3 or 4 people here are miserable jerks.
    It's the most civil way to describe "you people". Can I say that? I know Don Cherry got cancelled for it..

Lmao imagine being self-absorbed enough to post a thread about leaving a forum. Especially after multiple times announcing in different threads that you are. If you're leaving just leave. Your hilarious attempt to try and "distinguish" the mocking is cute though. You're just the same as the rest of us, all part of the same "groupthink" kiddo.

FWIW, Don Cherry did not get cancelled. An old man who was long past being good at his job and very expensive got a very generous buyout to stop doing said job that he was no longer good at. Welcome to what everyone else calls retirement.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Ok bub.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Too bad you couldn't find a way to cope with it Guru. Good luck out there!

I appreciate the efforts made by the forum mods to give a place for political discussion so it doesn't creep into the main focus of this site. When covid is no longer a factor in fantasy hockey I think the forums will settle down again. Maybe think about checking In again then. Just remember some people will still be here, doing what they like to do.

Hey raytroller, can you please give us an example of what being cancelled looks line so we finally understand your definition? aka - fk off and dont come back.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Guys, get yourself a woman to argue with. Or a gerbil for all I care. To see some "decorated" dobber vets not being above stuff like what's been posted in this trainwreck of a thread sure doesn't make an admirable impression on more casual visitors to these forums.
    Try not to be a part of the problem pls. All this argueing is never worth your time, you're not really believing that any of the points you make will convince/impress any other forum member, right? "Ah, I've been wrong all the time, thanks for enlightening me with your wisdom" has said noone ever on here.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan View Post
    Guys, get yourself a woman to argue with. Or a gerbil for all I care. To see some "decorated" dobber vets not being above stuff like what's been posted in this trainwreck of a thread sure doesn't make an admirable impression on more casual visitors to these forums.
    Try not to be a part of the problem pls. All this argueing is never worth your time, you're not really believing that any of the points you make will convince/impress any other forum member, right? "Ah, I've been wrong all the time, thanks for enlightening me with your wisdom" has said noone ever on here.
    The original post accuses the forum of not being good anymore. It's a whiny, attention seeking post from someone who is apparently unable to just avoid the section of the forum that bothers them and instead has to start this circus. Of course people are going to chime in and call him out for that! If you don't like a section of the forum, don't look at it! If the forum "peaked a while ago" and you no longer enjoy it, leave! But don't make a post whining about it and saying the place sucks.