Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 14 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 34 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 DobberBaseball League

The Wolverine

Default Re: 2022 DobberBaseball League

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    That would be a disadvantage to everyone else who picked. No he's not a superstar but my short list was Lopez-Mahle-Gilbert.
    Ok I'll leave it to you guys. I've had my say and I'm not on much longer.

See you all in the morning and will go with whatever is decided.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick060283 View Post
    If thats the case can I drop mahle and pick twice now to correct for it?

Can you just move forward with your 17.6 pick please?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

just my .02...

1) Precedent was set when Brantley was picked by accident earlier in the draft. I know it isn't the perfect comparison, but there was a legitimate reasoning involved on that one as well... And Brantley wasn't anywhere near his ADP when he was taken.

2) Mahle was around his ADP and was also one of the top players on my list.

3) It is a tough situation all around.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

We're also coming up to the next time limit here....

Dobber Sports Immortal

Somehow forgot about the Brantley precedent. Seems like months ago.

Dobber Sports Superstar

For the record, I would say drop Mahle and let him replace the pick at this point (can’t take anyone who was already drafted, before or after). But I’ll let the majority decide.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    For the record, I would say drop Mahle and let him replace the pick at this point (canÂ’t take anyone who was already drafted, before or after). But IÂ’ll let the majority decide.
    Thats exactly my take guys... i dont want mahle at all my rotation was set early. Id like to pick twice to make up for it

Dobber Sports Immortal

Thats exactly my take guys... i dont want mahle at all my rotation was set early. Id like to pick twice to make up for it
    I understand that. But what about Eskimo Brother having to keep Brantley instead of George Springer earlier?

We can't change that now.

Not to mention it's not fair to anyone who picked after you and wanted Mahle.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I understand that. But what about Eskimo Brother having to keep Brantley instead of George Springer earlier?

We can't change that now.

Not to mention it's not fair to anyone who picked after you and wanted Mahle.
    What so how is forcing a pick on someone fair... can the league vote in this?

I want to go craig kimbrel and hunter renfroe instead of mahle

Dobber Sports Immortal

Precedent was set! We didn't go back and change Brantley out for Springer. So we shouldn't go back for Mahle.

Dobber Sports Titan

I'm going to be blunt on this response. Provide a list or pick in a timely fashion. Im done beating around the bush.

We asked plenty of times. This isn't a force of a pick but doing your job to allow others to do there's.

We gave 15hrs between picks, 5hrs longer than originally given. Don't be mad at us for your tardiness. My vote is to keep Mahle and move on.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Precedent was set! We didn't go back and change Brantley out for Springer. So we shouldn't go back for Mahle.
    Thats bs no warning... I was at a damn funeral and have been as responsive as anyone on here making picks in a timely manner wtf

Dobber Sports Titan

Thats bs no warning... I was at a damn funeral and have been as responsive as anyone on here making picks in a timely manner wtf
    You're kidding yourself if you think you were as responsive as everyone. I was at a visitation and funeral Thursday/Friday and still was able to provide a list. We have someone who is in Scotland providing a list so we can keep it going.

It's incredibly unfortunate what happened in your life, but come on...you def had a list in your head of who you wanted. You could have helped us out and provided a list/plan to someone

Dobber Sports Immortal

I sent an email Monday at 11am with the 10 hour rule. I'm sure there were countless private messages as well. And there is always the Yahoo Fantasy app which you are now finally responding to me on.

Dobber Sports Titan

I feel for you Mavericks, life can be tough and get in the way sometimes. At the same time, sometimes things happen in drafts, be it live drafts, slow drafts, etc, where you get the wrong guy, or get autodrafted someone, and it continues to move forward.
    You can trade your guy, drop him, etc, but at least you got value for your miss/mistake unlike some of us. Sorry to say but my vote is that we stick with the precedent and try to keep things moving.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)