Thread: Trying to upgrade Goalie

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Trying to upgrade Goalie

Team and league info in sig anyways I want to upgrade my Goalies and also need to bring back Ehlers off of IR so hoping to make a 2 for 1 deal. I really don't want to drop Boldy or Elvis and would rather make a 2 for 1 deal to upgrade or add a better goalie. I just added Teuvo and Theodore in a deal for Palat and Grub, I offered Werenski into the deal as well but that was rejected and countered with straight Palat and Grub for Theo and Teuvo. So what is my best option here. I was thinking of offering Kempe and Werenski for Kuemper. That manager has Smith, Markstrom, Kuemper, Ullmark and Vladar as his goalies. but not sure if that's a good deal or not.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    12 team Yahoo H2H #5 pick. Max 6 weekly acquisitions, 2-day waiver time, FAB with continuous rolling list tiebreak and waiver mode. Minimum 20 innings pitched weekly. Roster: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, 3 OF, 2 Util, 2 SP, 2 RP, 4 P, 5 BN, 4 IL.
    Batting categories: R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG. Pitching categories: W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP
    C Realmuto, Kirk

1B Casas, LeMahieu 1B/2B/3B
    2B Albies, Arraez 1B/2B
    3B G. Henderson 3B/SS, Berti 2B/3B/SS/OF
    SS O. Cruz, Urias 2B/3B/SS
    OF J Rod, Trout, G. Mitchell, Meneses 1B/OF,
    SP Scherzer, Javier SP/RP, Senga, P. Lopez, Urquidy
    RP Doval, Bednar, Barlow, Kimbrel

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Trying to upgrade Goalie

2 for 1 trade is almost always good for you, because you are creating a roster space which is inevitable for your success.
    You should always count the best free agent in those trades as if you are getting him. So the trade is 2 for 1 +1 FA.

I would check fantasy playoff schedule for your league and act according it. For example Vegas has poor playoff schedule in my league so I am inclining to sell all Vegas players I have. Already did with Lehner and Theodore, Eichel is left. There is one more point for selling Vegas, they have many injuries and cant go on winning streak. They could miss a playoffs and that's not helping their minds. But they have a easier opponents ROS.

For the trade you proposed I will go for it, but flip Werenski with Theodore (name value helps the trade). Be aware Kuemper / Colorado will have stronger opponents down the road. But they are a strong team, you should get enough wins.

One note to your goalies: Minnesota is in slump, their goalies arent good and they will face harder opponents ROS. Their coach said they are fragile now. Possible miss the playoffs affects their play. I wouild consider getting rid of Minnesota goalies.

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Trying to upgrade Goalie

Some really excellent insights from GTX (rep coming your way!).

For sure 2-for-1's (e.g. consolidating talent) is a fantastic route to take - but often more challenging to pull off (effectively anyways) than it seems when thinking about a potential swap.

A bit tough to say how the OGM would respond to your offer without understanding his team better. Clearly strong in net - but do Werenski/Kempe help him enough? On the surface I don't think that's enough for Kuemper... but it's totally league dependent so go with what you think might work.

Best bet might be to float Werenski/Kempe out to the league and see if anyone with an abundance of goalies (or willingness to move one) responds. Good luck!
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji