Thread: Who would you offer for these D-men?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Who would you offer for these D-men?

See my team in sig. With me only carrying 3 D's and now TD'A out for a month and nothing but junk on the FA list for D-men I think I need to try to swing a trade. Here are some options of guys I might try to land:

Makar - owned by a team on the playoff bubble who happens to be my nephew. I can't fleece him - he's no dummy and I wouldn't try anyway. But if I sent him two F's (and I seem to have a lot of quality guys) he might budge. Who to offer?

Fox - owned by a guy well out of the playoffs. Needs to be a fair trade for the sake of my integrity, but he has nothing to lose.

Q. Hughes - another team that's out of the playoff picture, or at least very close.

D. Toews - This team is on the playoff bubble. He might bite on a decent offer. But is Toews enough to trade for?

Thanks guys. Will rep!
    C: Kopitar, Jarvis (RW), Thomas
    RW: Wilson, Bratt (LW), Zuccarello, Svechnikov (LW)
    LW: B. Tkachuk, E.Kane, Boldy (RW)
    D: Matheson, Rielly, Dahlin, Burns
    G: Shesterkin, Vasilevskiy, Kochetkov
    IR+

10 Team H2H, one year, G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM, HIT, W, SVP, GAA, SV
    Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2Util, 2G

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Who would you offer for these D-men?

The first step is to reach out to these owners and see if they are interested in moving the guys you're asking about. Some guys just aren't willing to part with some players, no matter the offer. At that point, if the reply is something like "sure, what did you have in mind", would be to see what their team needs are and if you can help them out while they help you out. You'd have to look at the other teams and figure that out on your own. I'd even be so bold and ask them what would it take and go from there. That's what I would do in your shoes.

It's hard to tell you who to offer without knowing the other teams real needs. No sense offering two forwards if that team is already stacked at forward and needs a goalie. Toews should be the easier to acquire but again, for all we know, that could be his only solid Dman and he isn;t willing to part with him unless you offer something stupid. Don't offer something stupid.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

100% agree with Axe..i be surprised if Fox or Makar are moving..personally i would stay clear of Towes as i think we just saw his best season and you be buying high.....

Hughes is only one imo that maybe a smart play..but as Axe said, talk to all owners and find out the intentions...
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Stud

Good advice, guys. I am going to propose Kyrou for QHughes and see what happens. I might have to ante up a bit more, but we will see. If we can't reach a deal I will try to twist my nephew's arm for Makar. But that is probably not going to happen.
    C: Kopitar, Jarvis (RW), Thomas
    RW: Wilson, Bratt (LW), Zuccarello, Svechnikov (LW)
    LW: B. Tkachuk, E.Kane, Boldy (RW)
    D: Matheson, Rielly, Dahlin, Burns
    G: Shesterkin, Vasilevskiy, Kochetkov
    IR+

10 Team H2H, one year, G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM, HIT, W, SVP, GAA, SV
    Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2Util, 2G

The Great One

Kyrou for Q. Hughes is not a fair offer and runs the risk of having the other GM just dismiss you entirely. You have Svechnikov, Kane and Landy. I'd consider offering Landy for Hughes plus maybe a sweetener. Yes, Landy is having a monster season and seems like he's poised for long term success; however, if history has shown us one thing it's that players like him have a tendency to see their production hit a wall when they turn 30, if not earlier. Think Lucic, Simmonds, Brown, Backes, Morrow, Callahan, to name just a few. I fear that we could see something similar from Landeskog.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Veteran

This is a one year league, so Toews would be my target. Chances are nothing will make sense with the Makar/Fox/Hughes owners because they will want the world in return and rightfully so.

Dobber Sports Wizard

ugh...yeah if its one year league i agree on targeting Towes..i missed that part.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones