Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Russia and Ukraine conflict.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Russia and Ukraine conflict.

So many people gullible by the mainstream media sob stories.

War is big business folks.

Once you understand that, and you look at history , these wars aren't shocking nor unexpected.

It sure makes you question many things you've come to accept as "the truth"

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post

And good work again for Raytroller to derail a yet another thread with their off topic and empty comments. We can measure our countries' collective beefs vs others on the whiner scale in another thread, let's title it "You are not allowed to complain about life until someone drops a bomb on you" or "Shut your mouth because you don't know hard times like the citizens of North Koreans". Keep lobbing your "I know everything but I'm not going to explain anything" comments into random threads...

But really is anyone shocked by this?

I guess at least the post is somewhat relevant because the thread does have 'conflict' in the title.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    Yes and no. Perspective AND context. Your concept only works in one direction, and is extremely depressing in the other. It comes down to expectation and under what rules that person is forced to live by. I do not think it is a healthy way to measure how satisfied a person should be with their life by comparing it to how it is for someone else. Let's look at the scenario we are in:

I'm gonna be happy all the time because I don't have a hard life like people in ___________. If my water stops running, I'm calling the city, not sitting around going "oh well, this is life in parts of Africa (and Canada) so I cant complain!"

Let's turn it around and look at how this method is applied to those who are in a less fortunate situation and see our lives:

I'm gonna be unhappy all the time because I don't have an easy life like people in______________." And then we get 9-11.

Go ahead and do that if you want to, but that mentality is not for me, unless someone can explain why it is a good perspective to have. I am willing to listen, learn, and change. Essentially, we should always be looking to improve life for everyone in all parts of the world, and NEVER settle.

I am THANKFUL today that I am not directly experiencing the misery that innocent Ukrainians, I hope for them that it will not be a sustained experience.
    I guess I was trying to speak more specifically to the exaggeration happening in our society when it comes to our problems. I'm not saying we have to accept our problems because someone somewhere has bigger ones (that will always be the case), but people need to be more reasonable with their complaints and keep things in perspective. There's a difference between being thirsty and dying of thirst, so don't act like you're dying of thirst unless you actually are. The same thing applies to the concept of "freedom", and calling someone like Trudeau a nazi or a dictator is laughable when you put him next to ACTUAL nazi's and dictators.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Stifler View Post
    So many people gullible by the mainstream media sob stories.

War is big business folks.

Once you understand that, and you look at history , these wars aren't shocking nor unexpected.

It sure makes you question many things you've come to accept as "the truth"
    What are you even trying to say? "War is big business"? Wow, thanks for the great insight, none of us had ever considered that there might be financial implications.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Haha. Do you mean yet another false flag event that the US is doing to try and keep the Biden family fortune - courtesy of Ukraine - under wraps?

Blows my mind that fantasy hockey poolies that will research and dig for the most obscure stat to try and find an edge, would just blindly believe MSM. If anything happens, the US started it, after already creating it.

Putin is loving it and just trolling Biden now too.

And Obama. Oh damn. Haha. Lol. LMFAO.
    LOL Nice troll job. I'll bite.

With trump's help, Putin had been setting this up for the 4 years before Biden was elected. Trump did everything he could to weaken NATO while kissing Putin's ass the whole time. Trump lifted sanctions on Russia, put in place by Obama. Trump took Putin's word over his own intelligence in Helsinki. He allowed Putin to put bounties on American soldiers in Afghanistan by not saying a word. Never spoke badly about Putin. Not once did he criticize Putin and has been praising him all week for his invasion of Ukraine. If you didn't see this, then you're as delusional as MAGA. Let me guess. You send money to him every month.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    LOL Nice troll job. I'll bite.

With trump's help, Putin had been setting this up for the 4 years before Biden was elected. Trump did everything he could to weaken NATO while kissing Putin's ass the whole time. Trump lifted sanctions on Russia, put in place by Obama. Trump took Putin's word over his own intelligence in Helsinki. He allowed Putin to put bounties on American soldiers in Afghanistan by not saying a word. Never spoke badly about Putin. Not once did he criticize Putin and has been praising him all week for his invasion of Ukraine. If you didn't see this, then you're as delusional as MAGA. Let me guess. You send money to him every month.
    Who says Putin is the bad guy? He is portrayed as such because he doesn't kiss the global elite's ass, like Biden and Trudeau do.

Russia and North Korea are hated by the West because they can't be controlled.

You folks really need to start using some of that brainpower you have.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Stifler View Post
    Who says Putin is the bad guy? He is portrayed as such because he doesn't kiss the global elite's ass, like Biden and Trudeau do.

Russia and North Korea are hated by the West because they can't be controlled.

You folks really need to start using some of that brainpower you have.
    Who says Putin is the good guy?

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    Who says Putin is the good guy?
    Who says Putin is a guy??
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports All-Star

Trump certainly likes to lavish the praise on Putin. Maybe he is the good guy in all of this. Most Russians don't agree, but what the hell do they know. And anyways If they have an issue with Putin invading Ukraine they can just protest..... ooops. Scratch that. Protesting in Russia is apparently, ahem, "highly discouraged" (ie., your family and yourself may be disappeared)

Yikes.

They don't call it Russian Roulette for nothing....
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    Trump certainly likes to lavish the praise on Putin. Maybe he is the good guy in all of this. Most Russians don't agree, but what the hell do they know. And anyways If they have an issue with Putin invading Ukraine they can just protest..... ooops. Scratch that. Protesting in Russia is apparently, ahem, "highly discouraged" (ie., your family and yourself may be disappeared)

Yikes.

They don't call it Russian Roulette for nothing....
    Not sufficiently highly discouraged to stop the protests that have happened, over a thousand arrests of protestors in Russia apparently.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Genius

He wants to return the region to pre USSR land territories. He wants some form of a Warsaw Pact and believes he can achieve this by making up false reasons and justify his invasion of Ukraine. I believe he won’t stop there and didn’t like the NATO expansion made about 15 years ago. He’s a madman and sanctions will not stop him. I hope the Ukrainian people fight for their country and give the Russians Afghanistan PT 2.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Couldn't imagine how embarrassed I would be if I spent 3 weeks protesting lack of freedom in Canada only to watch what's happening in Ukraine.
    Agree, great thought.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Star

Scary. It looks like President Zelensky and his family are targets and it looks like Russian forces are close. If captured, will they be executed?

Insane.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Genius

Kind of cowardly of NATO not to take in Ukraine before this mess. This only emboldens China knowing that “sanctions” is the punishment for invasion of a free country. China tried a land grab with India but India fought back. Bully the bully kind of thing.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Star

Ya for sure. At what point do the other world powers actually join the war against Russia? It seems so strange to me everyone going "Russia is going to bear the consequences! We are going to sanction the shit out of them!"

That seems so spineless to me. If they are SO wrong, I don't understand why they aren't helping in the Ukraine defense. If the Americans actually engaged Russia in Ukraine's defense, would that be World War 3?

Rylant