Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Russia and Ukraine conflict.

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Russia and Ukraine conflict.

While some on this forum are still worried about a cold, a real conflict has been brewing. What's everyone's thoughts? Having friends from Ukraine and neighboring countries this conflict has been making me feel sick.

Honestly regardless of what political party you align with I have never been less confident in North America's leadership with this conflict brewing. There talking about a Putin and Biden summit to perhaps talk the Kremlin down. Can you imagine Biden negotiating with Putin? The idea sounds so silly that it's sad. He's barely coherent. Putin probably looks at Biden as nothing more than a political shill.

I say this less from a bi partisan point of view and from more of a position of concern. I would be way more confident with Obama back in office.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Russia and Ukraine conflict.

Haha. Do you mean yet another false flag event that the US is doing to try and keep the Biden family fortune - courtesy of Ukraine - under wraps?

Blows my mind that fantasy hockey poolies that will research and dig for the most obscure stat to try and find an edge, would just blindly believe MSM. If anything happens, the US started it, after already creating it.

Putin is loving it and just trolling Biden now too.

And Obama. Oh damn. Haha. Lol. LMFAO.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Haha. Do you mean yet another false flag event that the US is doing to try and keep the Biden family fortune - courtesy of Ukraine - under wraps?

Blows my mind that fantasy hockey poolies that will research and dig for the most obscure stat to try and find an edge, would just blindly believe MSM. If anything happens, the US started it, after already creating it.

OK. Break it down for a laman like me. I'm guessing your saying Biden is orchestrating this whole thing to keep his and his family involvement in some corrupt Ukraine energy deals under wraps?

How do you explain all the troops at the border? Why is Putin playing along with this plan? I'm generally curious about that angle.

Also I would rather have a good republican leader in office during times like this but Obama is way better than Biden at least he's coherent but while your at it explain Obamas pitfalls to me.

Dobber Sports Pro

Didn't have to read past the 2nd post to see this thread will be another sh!t show.

Dobber Sports Star

Lol @ Skippy. Another self-researching genius who has all the answers. According to these guys nothing is as simple as it seems; it's all some grand conspiracy that only a select few are able to unearth. Our elite overlords control all sources of information except for the ones Skippy finds on the internet.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Lol @ Skippy. Another self-researching genius who has all the answers. According to these guys nothing is as simple as it seems; it's all some grand conspiracy that only a select few are able to unearth. Our elite overlords control all sources of information except for the ones Skippy finds on the internet.

Hahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahaahhaha. Skippy was one of the FiveHole and Auston Willy crowd. So good.

At least Auston and FiveHole had the decency to leave the forum after their disgrace.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post

As someone who is currently in the Med Sea on a Royal Canadian Frigate, I can't speak too much because of Operational Security, but I will say you sir haven't got a clue what is really going on. I'm just going to leave it at that.

Have a great day in the comfort of your own home.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

It’s a good subject. What will happened with the NHL Russian players,…Will they leave North America, if USA is opposed to Russia in a conflict ?

Maybe not the day after, but it’s a concern, not just for the sport but for the world…

Hope it will not happened
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Master

Cue the Russian internet disinformation machine:

Britain wants a war to cover up that Prince Andrew is horrible
    US wants a war to cover up Biden's finances
    Canada wants a war to hide liberal power grab

Russian doesn't want a war and has positioned soldiers at the border for purely defensive reasons. If Russian has to occupy some (or all) of Ukraine to protect itself from these western countries looking to avoid domestic troubles well then they will reluctantly do so. Just look at twitter and the internet, you will see all sorts of talk about stolen US elections, British scandal, and Canadian division. And we know you will see this because our internet troll farms are pushing it hard... to distract you all from our invasion of Ukraine.

I hope the people of Ukraine stay safe and uninvaded, they deserve precisely none of this crap.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Titan

Tensions between Russia and Ukraine have predated Trump, Biden, Trudeau, and the public knowing about Prince Andrew. Those narratives are just something the Western public are trying to push to make it more understandable to themselves because we have this thing where Eastern political events need to involve us.

It started in 2014 with the Russian annexation of Crimea and haven't gone away since. I'm sure you could even date this as far back as the Soviet Union and Putin wants Ukraine back as he thinks it should be Russia (but that I'm just guessing with no info on that. Just a thing I'd guess)
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    Cue the Russian internet disinformation machine:

Britain wants a war to cover up that Prince Andrew is horrible
    US wants a war to cover up Biden's finances
    Canada wants a war to hide liberal power grab

Russian doesn't want a war and has positioned soldiers at the border for purely defensive reasons. If Russian has to occupy some (or all) of Ukraine to protect itself from these western countries looking to avoid domestic troubles well then they will reluctantly do so. Just look at twitter and the internet, you will see all sorts of talk about stolen US elections, British scandal, and Canadian division. And we know you will see this because our internet troll farms are pushing it hard... to distract you all from our invasion of Ukraine.

I hope the people of Ukraine stay safe and uninvaded, they deserve precisely none of this crap.
    Agreed. This is the propaganda coming out of Russia and it is even working on some of our own citizens.

Hopefully one day we as a populace will become more savvy about how misinformation and disinformation is spread by bad actors in order to control a narrative. Until then the Skippy's FiveHole's and AustonWilly's of this country will continue to be unwitting accomplices for our enemies at home and abroad.

PS. Thank you for your service Axeman
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    PS. Thank you for your service Axeman
    Agreed, agreed, agreed. Thank you.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Yes... Yes... Yes.... Thank you Axeman.

I really wish these two countries would just stop arguing over who makes better Borscht and that they both agree that it be banned from the world and no one ever had to eat it ever again!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-b2020407.html

Uefa is holding talks about moving the 2022 Champions League final from St Petersburg, although it may wait to see how the knockout stages develop so any venue better suits travelling fans.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Genius

Dam there reporting explosions in Ukraine. This is awful.