Thread: Lafreniere for Chychrun

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Lafreniere for Chychrun

My Lafreniere for Chychrun. Cap is based on AAV so cap hit of the two isn't far apart.

In addition to the usual scoring cats and Shots, the league counts FOW Hits Blks PIMs TOISH Tk-D (takeaways, defensemen only.) No +/-. Wings are generally the weakest contributors in the league. 24 Teams with NHL size starting rosters and full minor league system.

There will have to be some additions to make the cap work.

Which side would you expect to have to add to in order to get a deal done?
    23-24 NHL Schedule
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1242679413
    See number of games, off night games and back to back games for each match up

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Lafreniere for Chychrun

I would want more back for Chychrun than just Lafreniere. Chych has shown what he can do on a god awful team, and his peripherals aren't horrible either. Lafreniere hasn't shown much of anything on a good team. He is only 20 I know, but Chych is 23 and has great upside especially if he is moved somewhere with a little more offensive fire power. You're cats are a bit different than I've seen so Lafreniere + for sure I just don't know how much that + is. To get it done if I were you I would sweeten the deal but if find out what Chychs owner wants first.
    H2H - 3 keepers (4 year max.) - 12 teams - 2 C, 2 RW, 2 LW, 1 F, 4 D, 1 Util., 2 G, 3 Bench, IR, IR+, IR+

Skaters - G, A, P, +/-, SOG, PPP, HIT, BLK
    Goalies - W, GAA, SV%, SV

C - McDavid, Crosby, Kyrou
    RW - Kuch, P. Kane, Batherson, Wilson
    LW - Fiala, Hagel, Verhaeghe
    D - Dahlin, Hedman, Morrissey, Theodore, Dunn
    G - Hellebuyck, Ullmark, Binnington
    IR - Sergachev

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks. I'll rep.

That's sort of how I view it but wasn't 100% sure.

Defensemen have strange value in this league set up. Once they get up past the $6m salary range a fair few sit in free agency if they aren't big point producers or multi-cat beasts. Plus there is a lot of opportunity to roster cheaper defensemen for Hits and Blocks and TOISH because the league is very deep.
    23-24 NHL Schedule

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

He still has 3 full seasons of only a 4.6 mil cap hit. If he gets moved to Florida (some people are projecting that) than I think his upside is massive
    H2H - 3 keepers (4 year max.) - 12 teams - 2 C, 2 RW, 2 LW, 1 F, 4 D, 1 Util., 2 G, 3 Bench, IR, IR+, IR+

Skaters - G, A, P, +/-, SOG, PPP, HIT, BLK
    Goalies - W, GAA, SV%, SV

C - McDavid, Crosby, Kyrou
    RW - Kuch, P. Kane, Batherson, Wilson
    LW - Fiala, Hagel, Verhaeghe
    D - Dahlin, Hedman, Morrissey, Theodore, Dunn
    G - Hellebuyck, Ullmark, Binnington
    IR - Sergachev

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Of course! I was definitely aware of Chychrun's nice contract.

Just pointing out that you can succeed in this league format without rostering any high-salary defensemen. I've noticed the better teams in the league tend to sell defensemen once they get into the $6m+ territory. While Chychrun has some nice, affordable seasons yet to come, top defensemen have an expiration date (the big contract) in a way that forwards don't. I think that caps their value a bit.
    23-24 NHL Schedule

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I like the deal for you, but I want to point out that contending in a cap league where nobody wants expensive D contracts can be done, if you are prudent.

I've got Letang & Ekbald as my 2 expensive guys. I dealt for Ekblad a few years back, and have had Letang since taking the team over. Once I realized the joke offers I got for Letang my first year as a non-contender, he became a guy I knew I'd be holding until he was no longer useful. I have Weegar, Toews, & Hronek as mid-tier contracts, then cheap guys, mostly on ELC or deals under 1.5 million. We don't have takeaways, SHTOI, or FOW, but the categories are reasonably similar.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Ace

I'm in 2 league near identical to this.... 4.6 Million is almost too much to pay for most Dman!

I'm Not sure on trading away Chychrun based on perceived potential value after a trade to a potential scoring team. Seems too long of a bow to draw there to put any real value into.

Fact is Laf is under performing where everyone expected him to be and is possibly a buy low, but if I'm a GM that recently spent a top 2 pick on him in a draft, I'm holding out for more than Jacob Chychrun. Wingers still hold a lot of value when their production justifies their cap hit. Laf is just a slower starter than his draft position expectations. If he breaks out in a 4th year breakout like he could/should then he would be a steal for Chychrun - Thats a gamble I'd be much more willing to make personally.
    Not THAT hairy, honest!

Dobber Sports Wizard

i also think that Chychrun has more value than Laf but Laf has big name and you maybe able to swing it 1 for 1...This could also backfire as Laf is young, very young and still somewhat blocked in NY. So keep this in mind.

i would not be adding much to this deal cause of Lafs potential.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Icon

I would prefer to own Lafreniere over Chychrun by a fairly large margin.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for the replies.

The best offer I received was Chychrun plus a middle round entry draft pick. I'm still holding Lafreniere.

Except for shot volume, the peripherals Chychrun brings are available cheaply in the off-season.
    23-24 NHL Schedule