Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [RUMOR] Stone to LTIR and will miss the remainder of the season.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default [RUMOR] Stone to LTIR and will miss the remainder of the season.

Frank Seravalli @frank_seravalli

Ice Breakers Ice cubeIce hockey stick and puck Reilly Smith? Evgeni Dadonov? Jonathan Marchessault? Who goes for #VGK to make room for Jack Eichel?

Maybe no one. League sources speculate captain Mark Stone could be placed on LTIR for balance of the regular season with a back injury.
    https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/ice-bre...tivate-eichel/

Honestly doesn't make much sense to not do this.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: [RUMOR] Stone to LTIR and will miss the remainder of the season.

As if anyone didn't see this coming a mile away. Let's see if everyone moans and pisses about this like they did Kucherov (who missed the whole season) when he miraculously returned for the playoffs like Mark Stone will.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Back injuries are tricky. Stone could rest it for 3 months and have no real change. He could rest it for 3 months and be fine.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Well if he is injured legit then its fine but I am one of those who isnt impressed when games are played to circumvent the cap rules. Not sure why it’s not ok to have this opinion but these days it seems there no allowance for people to have free thought and difference of opinion so F you in advance because im not gonna spend a second arguing about it.

*Im glad that TB didnt win any real cups while they cheated the system when they already have the benefit if living in an income tax free state. Talk about greedy.

Dobber Sports Wizard

The NHL needs to fix the loophole of allowing teams to go over the cap in the playoffs.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Titan

I don't know if it's really the plan Vegas had from the beginning to LTIR MaxPac, Eichel, and Stone to get 2 of the 3 on the ice together. Where as TBL plan was always to LTIR Kuch.

But if Stone has a back injury that would be 8weeks in recovery...I'd have him out for an extra 3 weeks to finish the season off instead of trading a roster player for nothing. What this has shown is we don't know what the future will hold when it comes to injuries so Vegas was smart waiting until the last minute to make a roster decision.

Still, LTIR rules needs to be adjusted, but this is all legal. Can't get mad at Vegas for it.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Veteran

I think Chicago was the first to do it with Kane? They needed room for Anisimov or Vermette I think? Been going on for like a decade...

Dobber Sports Star

the league does check if putting a guy on LTIR is legit to prevent cap circumvention so i dont fault teams for working this loophole to their advantage for subjectively able to play injuries like a back injury.

keep in mind, teams are shelling out millions of salary on top of the salary cap in order to make this loophole work so its in the best interest of the players for this loophole to not change. not all owners / teams / cities are gonna be willing to do this
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Presume everyone is mad at all 16 teams that are doing this?

Anyways this rule has existed since the NHL instituted a salary cap, if it was a loophole they would close it. It exists because they want it to exist.

If anyone was over the cap (IE circumventing it) they would be punished as teams aren't allowed to go over the cap. Alas, teams are not punished because per the rules of the CBA (which are written as the league and players want them to be), no team is over the cap.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Anyways this rule has existed since the NHL instituted a salary cap, if it was a loophole they would close it. It exists because they want it to exist.
    This is entirely correct. I personally have no issue with it. Would be worse if the trade deadline was right before the playoffs and teams could load up without measure.. But I don't think any team wants to play a single game, let alone any portion of their season, without all of their best players in the lineup, in the name of stashing someone for the playoffs... Hardly a gameplan.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    This is entirely correct. I personally have no issue with it. Would be worse if the trade deadline was right before the playoffs and teams could load up without measure.. But I don't think any team wants to play a single game, let alone any portion of their season, without all of their best players in the lineup, in the name of stashing someone for the playoffs... Hardly a gameplan.
    its also not a given when the guy comes back he can play at 100% given it is now playoff intensity. kucherov and pkane are outliers, not the rule.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    I think Chicago was the first to do it with Kane? They needed room for Anisimov or Vermette I think? Been going on for like a decade...
    Major difference was Kane broke his collarbone and was expected to miss playoff time but came back early. There was no delaying his return like Kucherov or choosing to rehab during the season like it would be if Stone went on the shelf for the rest of the regular season. And for the record, I completely agree that the loophole needs to be closed.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Sage

Doesn't mean the rules aren't flawed.

TBL was a tight to the cap team that gained Kucherov level player for the playoffs. That's huge! Only team that iced a team that was over the cap (ya ya there's no cap in playoffs w/e).

LTIR is there to help teams ease the loss of a player, but in this case it gave them a distinct advantage. No team should be able to luck into that.

Do note this isn't to blame TBL they were merely following what was in place.
    This is coming from someone who made a lot of money betting on TBL, but broken system is broken and it was pretty evident.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Major difference was Kane broke his collarbone and was expected to miss playoff time but came back early. There was no delaying his return like Kucherov or choosing to rehab during the season like it would be if Stone went on the shelf for the rest of the regular season. And for the record, I completely agree that the loophole needs to be closed.
    When people say the rule needs to be changed (again it's not a loophole, it is a rule acting as the people who wrote the rules intended), what is the proposed change? Should LTIR space not exist? Lets dig into it here, what exactly is the proposed rule change?

Also saying the Kucherov thing is different, I disagree but fine. Pretending the Kane and Stone things are different is simply wild. Kane was injured in-season and was rehabbing an injury. Stone was injured in-season and would be rehabbing an injury. Kucherov also was injured and rehabbing an injury, people are just unwilling to believe the overwhelming mountain of evidence that exists that the timing of it all wasn't nefarious.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    When people say the rule needs to be changed (again it's not a loophole, it is a rule acting as the people who wrote the rules intended), what is the proposed change? Should LTIR space not exist? Lets dig into it here, what exactly is the proposed rule change?
    - Cap limit for teams game time roster
    - A larger cap for total roster or even I guess LTIR system revised.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24