Thread: Perunovich ceiling?

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Perunovich ceiling?

Do you see him as an elite D in a couple years? Even with Krug around? I知 pretty high on him and i think he can reach 50 pts+, maybe 60? I知 trying to get him in a Dynasty, points only league ( 8 teams, with prospect). Before i make an offer to the other GM, i want to see what you guys think of him? For me, he痴 a blue chip prospect but maybe i知 too high on him!

The Magnificent One

Default Re: Perunovich ceiling?

Krug's presence isn't ideal, because he needs to get cushy minutes to succeed. But if Perunovich forces the issue he could cause Krug's role to diminish with each passing season. Points in the 40s as soon as next season seems realistic, rising from there.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Newbie

I did my only trade i was allowed this year in my dynastie league to get him and I was hoping to see him get a bit more points than that. I will probably keep him next year and drop Ristolainen

Dobber Sports Pro

Anyone else?

Dobber Sports Star

He's certainly talented enough to be a scorer, but as noted above, it is all about Krug being the exact same kind of player already performing the role. I would be looking to get him and then sit on him and accept 40 point seasons until such time as he's allowed to take a primary role. He is a small guy so he's not going to get Hedman or Josi like ice time to boost other stats. You need him to be on the PP and scoring there. So some of his eventual ceiling will depend on his teammates, at least more so than other natural scorers like Makar, etc.

Dobber Sports Genius

I can see him as a perennial 40-50 point Dman for the Blues down the line. Matter of time sort of situation. I can see him slowly pushing Krug to the side kind of like what Bouchard is doing to Barrie in Edmonton right now.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Feenom View Post
    I can see him as a perennial 40-50 point Dman for the Blues down the line. Matter of time sort of situation. I can see him slowly pushing Krug to the side kind of like what Bouchard is doing to Barrie in Edmonton right now.
    Agreed

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'm not super high on him, I think he'll be good, but one thing that worries me is he doesn't shoot the puck much...like at all lol. in 19 games this season, he only has 14 shots on net, that's with an average of over 2min of pp time a game. I think his ultimate upside, with pp1 time and everything is 50-ish points, I see him as more of a 40+ point D whom will eventually get pushed out of that pp1qb role (when/if he takes it over from Krug).
    12 Team Dynasty League. $4 increase per player a year FP/ reduced salary for 3 years, Keep 8-12 (League Champion 14/15, 16/17, 19/20, 22/23)

Categories - D-G, G, A, PPP, SHP, SoG, Hits/Blocks, FoW, FoW%, Give/Take, Wins, GAA, Save%, Saves.

C: Tavares $33, Eichel $16 (1st yr FP), Trocheck $18, Jenner $9 Beniers $2 (1st yr RC)

W: Ovechkin $18, Hintz $17, Pavelski $11, Zacha $10, Kaprizov $7, Johnston $2 (1st yr RC), Reichel $2 (1st yr RC), Bertuzzi $1, Tippet $1

D: Burns $20, Jones $17, Werenski $16 (2nd yr FP), Matheson $5, Spurgeon $1, OEL $1

G: Shesterkin $7, Sorokin $3 (2nd yr RC), Raanta $1

MLP Bench: Rossi, Nazar, Kovalenko, Nikishin, Morrow, Ivanov