Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Alberta Strong. First to set plan to return to normal.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Alberta Strong. First to set plan to return to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Honorable Premier Kenny has announced that we will be moving on from this pandemic. Starting with vaccine passports being halted at midnight. I'm proud to call Alberta my home. This province proves again its superiority to the rest of Canada.

The hardest workers. The highest earnings. The province that has been paying the bill for the rest of Canada for years. And now the first to try to get us back to normal and not the new normal. Great work Kenny.
    And according to 2021 Census data just released, Alberta had more people leave the province than move in from elsewhere in the country from 2016-2021. BC was the only western province with positive interprovincial migration.

Weird. It's almost like people actually prefer to live in BC and Ontario than Alberta.

There is also the reality that limiting oil production is a necessity if we care at all about climate change--and the oil sands are currently one of the highest cost producers for oil in the global market due to the way it has to be extracted and refined from the oil sands.

That also means that as oil prices dip, Canadian taxpayers are holding the bag supporting an economic sector that won't be around by the end of the century. And, in theory, prices should dip as countries reduce oil consumption since global reserves are several times greater than what we can safely use to limit warming. Meaning it will be a sellers market, and marginal producers (Alberta) will be running a loss.

Dobber Sports Star

Kenney is all kinds of horrible. It shames me that he is our Premier...

Rylant

The Great One

Regardless of what "side" you are on, I think everyone is tired.

And regardless of what "side" you are on, I think everyone wants things to get better.

Alberta is a great province, and I do hope the lessening of restrictions works out.

I also hope we all can find a way to get along better.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Regardless of what "side" you are on, I think everyone is tired.

And regardless of what "side" you are on, I think everyone wants things to get better.

Alberta is a great province,
    and I do hope the lessening of restrictions works out.

I also hope we all can find a way to get along better.
    In reality...is there a bad province in Canada? lol
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Right, because the country supported the industry at every turn, which is very very different from how the country of Canada has acted. The province is very very limited as to what they can do without the support of the country. Again, they are so dissimilar there is no way to honestly compare them.
    Again on this point I agree with RT22. See we can disagree and argue but when your right I will give you props. No harm no foul.

To further this point this has hurt our potential for years. Also, I think people are writing off Oil and Gas a little too hastily. The case and point is the supply crunch were currently facing, and the adverse affects were seeing as a consumer with higher energy prices. They say that peak oil might be 2030 to 2035 now. After that it's not just going to stop. Also Africa is coming online and there not going to be jumping right into renewable technology that hasn't even been proven out. There population is set to grow and their demand for energy is set to increase.

If Canada works together over the next 20 years similar to a Norway we could set ourselves up very nicely for the future. If not we will continue to accumulate debt and the taxpayers will pay for it.

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/peak-oil...soon-1.1693325

https://www.canadianenergycentre.ca/...rica-and-asia/
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Titan

12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll