Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Alberta Strong. First to set plan to return to normal.

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Alberta Strong. First to set plan to return to normal.

Honorable Premier Kenny has announced that we will be moving on from this pandemic. Starting with vaccine passports being halted at midnight. I'm proud to call Alberta my home. This province proves again its superiority to the rest of Canada.

The hardest workers. The highest earnings. The province that has been paying the bill for the rest of Canada for years. And now the first to try to get us back to normal and not the new normal. Great work Kenny.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Alberta Strong. First to set plan to return to normal.

We’ll see if it works. It didn’t last time.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Hope it works out for ya over there! I am also looking forward to scrapping the passports and mandates in BC (if it ever happens) so some of my missing co-workers can come back to work, go to hockey games, take their kids to the pool. I know they want to.

The Great One

Love reading these posts from the people that were pro mandates just last week. Before the protestors started their thing.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Love reading these posts from the people that were pro mandates just last week. Before the protestors started their thing.
    ???

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    Hope it works out for ya over there! I am also looking forward to scrapping the passports and mandates in BC (if it ever happens) so some of my missing co-workers can come back to work, go to hockey games, take their kids to the pool. I know they want to.
    I am actually from BC originally. Love it there. Has so much to offer. I am proud to live in Alberta now as I have been here for over a decade and their political views and values align with mine more closely. However, BC will always be home and it's sad in my mind how political everything has gotten in that province even before Covid. They have this elitism attitude where they tell you there for everyone, yet you can't afford to live there with housing costs and taxes.

I will be travelling there in the near future and I hope by that time they have followed suit. I am vaccinated so I will be free to enter wherever I want, but I would like to do so without masks or restrictions.

Dobber Sports Initiate

As i said in the other thread. Its only short term. The mandates will be back. In europe they are ending them too. Its all part of the plan. Don't be fooled by temporary freedom. This agenda is far from over.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    This province proves again its superiority to the rest of Canada.

The hardest workers. The highest earnings.
    The province that has been paying the bill for the rest of Canada for years. And now the first to try to get us back to normal and not the new normal. Great work Kenny.
    As an Albertan myself, it's this attitude right here that I hate the most about being from here. It's so ****ing arrogant and selfish, and I see it every day. These people act like proud Canadians and patriots, while at the same time it's always me me me, Alberta first. Alberta is the best and the rest of Canada sucks. So embarrassing.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    As an Albertan myself, it's this attitude right here that I hate the most about being from here. It's so ****ing arrogant and selfish, and I see it every day. These people act like proud Canadians and patriots, while at the same time it's always me me me, Alberta first. Alberta is the best and the rest of Canada sucks. So embarrassing.
    Last night I was little jazzed up when I wrote that but there is some truth to it. Alberta seems to always receive hate from the other provinces, and defiantly at the federal level when the liberals are in power. I am frankly tired of us being marginalized and an industry that has not only helped Alberta but the rest of Canada being consistently under attack.

Let me ask you this. What does the rest of Canada contribute? Be specific in regards to GDP and industries. How much total amount of equalization payments has Alberta received compared to the other provinces? If there was a Canada West (Saskatchewan, Alberta and BC), how much better would we be off over the last 20 years? How much better would we be better off in the next 20?

Heck you hate the me, me, me mentality but no other province is worse then Quebec. They put a federal candidate to run for Prime Minister of all of Canada that explicitly indicates in his own words he's only for Quebec. We have to label everything in two languages costing a ridiculous amount of money to tax payers to satisfy their language. Yet Alberta is the worst? Give me a break.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Stifler View Post
    As i said in the other thread. Its only short term. The mandates will be back. In europe they are ending them too. Its all part of the plan. Don't be fooled by temporary freedom. This agenda is far from over.
    "The agenda". Oh god, here we go again.

Dobber Sports Star

Last night I was little jazzed up when I wrote that but there is some truth to it. Alberta seems to always receive hate from the other provinces, and defiantly at the federal level when the liberals are in power. I am frankly tired of us being marginalized and an industry that has not only helped Alberta but the rest of Canada being consistently under attack.

Let me ask you this. What does the rest of Canada contribute? Be specific in regards to GDP and industries. How much total amount of equalization payments has Alberta received compared to the other provinces? If there was a Canada West (Saskatchewan, Alberta and BC), how much better would we be off over the last 20 years? How much better would we be better off in the next 20?

Heck you hate the me, me, me mentality but no other province is worse then Quebec. They put a federal candidate to run for Prime Minister of all of Canada that explicitly indicates in his own words he's only for Quebec. We have to label everything in two languages costing a ridiculous amount of money to tax payers to satisfy their language. Yet Alberta is the worst? Give me a break.
    Why do you see it in such an "us vs them" way? Aren't we supposed to be "Canada"? What if we split Alberta into North and South? Where would the contributions come from then?

My father-in-law bitches about this all the time (boo-hoo, Alberta should get more!!!), meanwhile he made millions of dollars working in oil and gas just because he happened to be born and raised in the right section of Canada at the right time. Do we have it bad here in Alberta or something? So greedy.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Bravo ! You nailed it on the head.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Why do you see it in such an "us vs them" way? Aren't we supposed to be "Canada"? What if we split Alberta into North and South? Where would the contributions come from then?

My father-in-law bitches about this all the time (boo-hoo, Alberta should get more!!!), meanwhile he made millions of dollars working in oil and gas just because he happened to be born and raised in the right section of Canada at the right time. Do we have it bad here in Alberta or something? So greedy.
    How much stress, hours and sacrifice did he incur or did he just walk into millions? I know lot's of people who work months away from their families in really poor weather conditions to earn the big salaries they receive. In my case I am an office employee, yet I still work 60 hours a week to keep things going.

Also everyone in Canada has a choice to move. in fact I know many people from other provinces, myself included who moved here for work.

Were literally putting in policies to destroy Oil and Gas, even though it's still by far are number 1 industry. The government has done very little as well to demonstrate areas where people can make comparable living wages in other industries. They just spend millions propping up the bottom but do nothing for the middle.

Dobber Sports Icon

Let me ask you this. What does the rest of Canada contribute? Be specific in regards to GDP and industries.
    Ummmm, tech maybe? Last time I checked Shopify was born in Ottawa.

Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver doing all kinds of good stuff there, driven by the terrific universities and availability of excellent talent.

Alberta contributes too, nothing to take away there, but this absolutist "we contribute everything, you do nothing" mindset makes no sense to me. Unless it's really a reflection of some other type of resentment, in which case it starts to add up (still nonsensical, but can see more where it's coming from).

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Titan

Ontario generates about 37% of the National GDP and has almost half of all tech, financial and other "knowledge-intensive industries". source

2019 GDP contribution:
    Ontario - 38.59%
    Quebec - 19.92%
    Alberta - 15.27%
    BC - 13.38%

---EDIT---
    Nothing above changed, I just wanna add that I have very little knowledge over GDP, and the economy. But I just looked up how much each province contributes to the national GDP.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll