Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: World Juniors 2022 2.0 Thread

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: World Juniors 2022 2.0 Thread

Canada is -6.5 faves vs Latvia. Last time the two teams plated Canada won 10-2, and I don't remember when that was.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Canada is -6.5 faves vs Latvia. Last time the two teams plated Canada won 10-2, and I don't remember when that was.
    I wouldn't jump on that bet as quick as I would if the tournament was at its normal time.
    The top teams are looking rusty early in games.
    I expected Finland to score lots against Austria (who usually gets scored on a tonne)
    Finland only won 6-1.

Czechia looked horrible to start and spotted the Slovaks a 2-0 lead early in the game.

USA only put 5 on the board against eh Germans.
    And Sweden is tied 0-0 with Suisse after one period.

This is the first real competitive games for these kids in a long time.
    Some played in June in the Memorial Cup or AHL and that is still two months ago.
    They are rusty and not in prime mid-season condition like we are accustomed to seeing in December/January.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I wouldn't jump on that bet as quick as I would if the tournament was at its normal time.
    The top teams are looking rusty early in games.
    I expected Finland to score lots against Austria (who usually gets scored on a tonne)
    Finland only won 6-1.

Czechia looked horrible to start and spotted the Slovaks a 2-0 lead early in the game.

USA only put 5 on the board against eh Germans.
    And Sweden is tied 0-0 with Suisse after one period.

This is the first real competitive games for these kids in a long time.
    Some played in June in the Memorial Cup or AHL and that is still two months ago.
    They are rusty and not in prime mid-season condition like we are accustomed to seeing in December/January.
    Oh ya, I refuse to touch WJC bets unless it's like a fandom bet with Canada in a knock out round. There's just too much sway and momentum changes that can happen let alone rust being a factor.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Suisse just scored two quick ones to make it a one goal game with 10 to go in the third.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Icon

Are the World Juniors really happening if no one is there to see it?

Dobber Sports Titan

I don't get how there's tickets for sale for like $120 to see Canada vs Latvia, but there's like 120 people there. I know they tarped the upper bowl, but are there limited seats in the lower bowl?

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Are the World Juniors really happening if no one is there to see it?
    Absolutely! Most sports did it and we watched on TV.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

My way-too-quick initial reactions:

-Kemell is the real deal
    -Raty is quietly showing what he teased years ago. Prepare for a value spike
    -Luke Hughes is a dominant and highly intelligent player. Can't wait to see him with Jack
    -Knies is a physical beast with skill to boot. Leafs fans should be drooling
    -Stankoven has a nose for the puck. He seems to touch it every shift and that bodes well for his fantasy future
    -Jack Thompson came out of nowhere for me, but looked great. Is it fair to say he made the team over Clarke given he's the only RHD? I think that says a lot. Hard to peg his offensive upside but we shall see

Can't wait for today's games.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Some of those goals looked worse than my beer league on a Sunday night. Yuck.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    My way-too-quick initial reactions:

-Kemell is the real deal
    -Raty is quietly showing what he teased years ago. Prepare for a value spike
    -Luke Hughes is a dominant and highly intelligent player. Can't wait to see him with Jack
    -Knies is a physical beast with skill to boot. Leafs fans should be drooling
    -Stankoven has a nose for the puck. He seems to touch it every shift and that bodes well for his fantasy future
    -Jack Thompson came out of nowhere for me, but looked great. Is it fair to say he made the team over Clarke given he's the only RHD? I think that says a lot. Hard to peg his offensive upside but we shall see

Can't wait for today's games.
    I was told by someone whose son played with Luke growing up and was around all 3 brothers that Luke is going to be the best of the bunch. Said his hockey IQ is off the charts, but he's just a hockey dad not a scout or anything so take that for what you will!

Dobber Sports Deity

Huge upset last night with the USA losing out. I didnt stay up to watch the game here on the East Coast but was shocked to see that result this morning. The US had a very strong team.

Canada got a good enough scare themselves. They seem to play like crap in their own end game after game. The offense is there but man their play in their own zone is scary. Turning it over, giving it away, too soft on the puck, etc etc etc. It's not fun to watch. The defense, outside of Zellweger, is just not good enough.

Loved seeing a big game from Stankoven last night. Hes becoming a favorite of mine on Team Canada. Good nickname too (Stanky). I see a lot of Braden Point in his game.

Bedard, for me, is becoming a one trick pony. The opposition knows what he's going to do and that's shoot first, pass 2nd. Most times he's not even looking for a pass. That's probably why you're seeing the production drop from him because teams are picking up on his tendencies and adjusting to his game. His defense is a work in progress too.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Huge upset last night with the USA losing out. I didnt stay up to watch the game here on the East Coast but was shocked to see that result this morning. The US had a very strong team.

Canada got a good enough scare themselves. They seem to play like crap in their own end game after game. The offense is there but man their play in their own zone is scary. Turning it over, giving it away, too soft on the puck, etc etc etc. It's not fun to watch. The defense, outside of Zellweger, is just not good enough.

Loved seeing a big game from Stankoven last night. Hes becoming a favorite of mine on Team Canada. Good nickname too (Stanky). I see a lot of Braden Point in his game.

Bedard, for me, is becoming a one trick pony. The opposition knows what he's going to do and that's shoot first, pass 2nd. Most times he's not even looking for a pass. That's probably why you're seeing the production drop from him because teams are picking up on his tendencies and adjusting to his game. His defense is a work in progress too.
    Agreed on Bedard. It'll be interesting to see if he uses his teammates better in the NHL.

Stanky has been Canada's best player by far these last 2-3 games. Strange seeing him ranked so low in the latest prospect rankings released here. I imagine that will change quite a bit when September is published.

Dobber Sports Monster

LFG

Dobber Sports Sage

That save... much wow
    The look on the Finland players face is priceless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2DoVKXI7Mk
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Initiate

Finland continue to impress in these events. Sweden - not so much. Except for Wallstedt who seems to live up to the hype.