Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: World Juniors 2022 2.0 Thread

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: World Juniors 2022 2.0 Thread

Oh man, that was a crazy finish to that game. The Fin goalie actually made an outstanding save on Johnston on his first shot but managed to bang home his own rebound.

Just a crazy finish.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Awesome final to a pretty good tournament. I'm still surprised how little interest it got on this forum.
    12-team Dynasty Salary
    G-A-H-B/W-SO
    Crosby, Pavelski, Nelson, Hagel, Tarasenko, Bertuzzi, Teravainen, Joshua, Paul, Drury, Holtz, Kasper, Dorofeyev, Rosén, Brindley
    Dunn, Carlson, Sergachev, Nurse, Trouba, Skjei, Harley, Korczak, Söderström, Luneau, Pickering, Behrens, Rinzel
    Bobrovsky, Samsonov, Woll, Patera, Garand

10-team Dynasty Roto
    G-A-FOW-STP-H-B/W-GAA-Sv%
    Matthews, Hyman, Bratt, Guentzel, Thompson, Horvat, Lindholm, Buchnevich, Toffoli, Konecny, Rust, Peterka, Neighbours, Kemell, Snuggerud, Bourque, Wood, Öhgren
    Makar, Josi, Dobson, Pietrangelo, Hanifin, Faber, Spence, Edvinsson, Zellweger, Willander, Bonk, Casey
    Shesterkin, Hellebuyck, Georgiev,
    Wallstedt

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonYann View Post
    Awesome final to a pretty good tournament. I'm still surprised how little interest it got on this forum.
    I followed it in a read the boxscores and watch highlights kinda way to see how the isles prospects performed .

canadian summers are short and august is usually nhl quiet time so I think edmonton folks are just doing other things

IIHF says high ticket prices, Hockey Canada scandal led to low attendance at world juniors in Edmonton

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/202...ance-1.6557679

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    I followed it in a read the boxscores and watch highlights kinda way to see how the isles prospects performed .

canadian summers are short and august is usually nhl quiet time so I think edmonton folks are just doing other things

IIHF says high ticket prices, Hockey Canada scandal led to low attendance at world juniors in Edmonton

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/202...ance-1.6557679
    Yeah I was surprised at myself how un-interested I was. But all those reasons added up:
    1. Edmonton summers are amazing, it has been 26-30C everyday for August (one day of rain) no one wants to be inside
    2. the HC Sexual Assault scandals are still hitting, this caused several tourism agencies to not promote the events
    3. Ticket prices were absurd, especially given 1 and 2.

I realized how much I associate World Jrs. with the Christmas Break. Getting together and watching Jrs. on Boxing Day is literally a tradition in my family, and watching the Canada Game on NYE with friends as well. Without other Christmas festivities it got lost in my personal calendar.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Monster

I also think in addition to everything mentioned, a lot of people who extensively cover the tournament for the weeks leading up did not do that this summer. No wjc preview show. Very little camp coverage. Mckenzie and Duthie appeared to be still in Ontario holidaying just a day out from the first game. Which is fine, but doesn't help hype things up. I also think HC wanted a more sombre tone to start their camp, there wasn't a big deal made about the naming of the team or the leadership group.

I also think the sales were pretty sluggish before the HC scandals broke so it has to be more about prices/timing/maybe a hockeyed out market with the Oilers and Flames playoff runs.

Dobber Sports Star

its summer. we got other shit to do. i didnt even watch nor even attempt to watch the gold medal game, i was out and about

one of my friends in edmonton was there though. that sweden flag fail at the medal ceremony was pretty embarassing
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.