Thread: Ranking some players

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Ranking some players

I’m evaluating some potential keepers/trade targets but really stuck on how to rank them.

It’s a 12 team league stats
    G A +/- PIM PPP SHP GWG SOG HIT BLK

A list of players I’m looking to rank in this league, as keepers, not worried about this season.

Meier
    Nylander
    Laine
    Scheifele
    Necas
    Teravainen
    Batherson
    J Hughes
    Zegras
    Larkin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Ranking some players

Long term I want Hughes and Zegras. I think Laine will eventually breakout again. Maybe when he signs a new deal? He has all of the skill to be an elite goal scorer again. I mean, you can’t go wrong with any of these guys but long term I’d have Tuevo at the bottom. I think the top 5 guys I’m shooting for if you’re not interested in this current season are Zegras, Hughes, Necas, and Laine. I really love me some Timo but age wise, the other guys are a bit younger. 25 is not old at all but I’d like to know when your window will be. This again is a tough question because everyone you listed has great hockey sense and can all be elite. Scheifele is 28 and should still have so,e elite production going into his thirties. What does your team look like and what are your needs?
    10 Team Dynasty

Forward scoring in sig pic (D premium - G +1, A +1)

Min eligibility - 164 GP skt, 82 GP g

Start 4C, 4LW/RW, 6D, 2G

C
    Eichel, Beniers, Ek, Nelson
    , D Strome, Hayton, Novak
    RW Kempe, Verhaege, Batherson, Buchnevich, Tippett, Barbashev, Seguin

LW B Tkachuck, Forsberg, DeBrusk, Rakell, Jeannot, McCann
    D Seider, Ekblad, Doughty, Nurse, Dobson, Weegar, Pionk, Sergachev, Roy, Forsling
    G Oettinger, Sorokin, Lindgren, Daccord
    MIN Zetterlund, But, Cuylle, Nikishin, Mukhamadullin, Morrow, Bonk, Simashev, B
    Clarke, Nadeau, Afanasyev

Dobber Sports Initiate

For the Future:

Zegras/Hughes

Meier
    Necas
    Scheifele
    Larkin
    Nylander
    Batherson
    (This tier, like the last poster said, could be reordered depending on your window)

Teravainen

I am done with Laine.
    8tm Keep 7FWD,4D,1G
    C,3LW,3RW,5D,2G (positional game played cap)
    G(3),A(2),+/-(1),PM(0.5),PPP(1),GW(1),S(0.4),W(4),SV(0.2),GA(-1),SO(2)
    C:Aho, Barkov, Pavelski(RW), Nugent-Hop(LW)
    R:Rantanen, Pasta, Konecny
    L:Guentzel, Gaudreau, Keller(RW), Benn
    D:Makar, Karlsson, Sergachev, Dobson, Hronek, Sanderson
    G:Vasilevskiy, Hart, Kuemper, Kotchetkov, Husso

Dobber Sports Initiate

I'd go for Batherson and Meier foremost. Hughes and Zegras may become better point producers, but beyond that, I'm not sure how high fantasy potential they have. They're also still more hyped than the former mentioned players. The rest are what they are, some with slightly more upside, but with fantasy flaws of some kind.
    Yahoo Limited keeper: keep up to 8 players from the preceding season, but 2 of them has to be dropped at the end of the season, decided before the start. 'Keep eligible players' from draft round 11 and later, or undrafted.
    16 team league. H2H. League cats: G A +/- PIM PPP SHP SOG FW HIT BLK; W GAA SV SV% SHO
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 6Bench, 2IR
    Keepers 23/24 + cost of keeping. M Seider 2, B Tkachuk 5, D Batherson 4, D Cozens 1, W Johnston 1, F Gustavsson 1. Drafted and keep eligible: J Sanderson, T Harley, J Wallstedt

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Thanks for the replies, was looking like I wouldn’t get any opinions here. I see I also didn’t mention it’s a keep 10 league. I actually have Hughes and zegras already. I don’t expect I’d be able to compete for maybe another year or two.

Necas really has that high of potential? I just assumed he was more of a 2nd line kind of guy