3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kapanen

0 0%
  • McCann

3 100.00%

Thread: Kapanen or McCann ROS?

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Kapanen or McCann ROS?

I've been waiting for Kapanen to break out. I'm still waiting. Sullivan said early on he was going to give Kapenen every chance to succeed. Yet his ice time is all over the place, sometimes 12 minutes a night. I get that without Malkin to play with Kapenen's production would likely take a hit. Yet, Malkin has been back for 9 games and is lighting it up as usual while Kapenen has 4 points over those 9 games. I'm running out of patience. Simple question here, does the forum like Kapanen ROS or McCann (who has better numbers so far this season and has a nicer CAP hit)
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Kapanen or McCann ROS?

BUMP

0 pts, 1 SOG, 11:01 TOI for Kapanen last night against the Wings. Of all the Pens forwards, only Simon and Boyle had less ice time than Kapanen. I guess I'm answering my own question (:

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

Drops

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Post Re: Kapanen or McCann ROS?

Hi Bubba. Quotes from todays Athletic's article:

• After the first period, Kasperi Kapanen was removed from Evgeni Malkin’s line and sent to the fourth unit.

For those of you keeping track at home, Kapanen has been stripped of his spot on Malkin’s line three times in the past eight games. He was particularly brutal in the first period, getting stuffed on a couple of rushes and failing to connect with Malkin in any capacity.

Sullivan simply doesn’t call out players when he speaks with the media, and I think it’s a credit to him. But I think there is ample evidence to suggest that the coaching staff is throwing up its arms about Kapanen.

His scoring is wildly inconsistent. The chemistry that he had with Malkin last season hasn’t been all that apparent this season, save for a couple of minor moments. He makes bad decisions with the puck and has had a couple of bad defensive breakdowns.

It’s not like the Penguins don’t have other options at right wing in their top six. They can put Evan Rodrigues there, which they did Friday. They can put Jeff Carter there and move Rodrigues to the third-line center.

Hextall isn’t interested in making major changes to this team. The Penguins are one of the NHL’s best teams, and he knows it. Still, if there is a list of candidates to be moved off the roster, Kapanen would probably be at the very top. Everyone seems a little frustrated with him, and remember, Hextall didn’t acquire him. Jim Rutherford did. I wouldn’t imagine Hextall feels any loyalty to Kapanen.

His performance is a big problem for the Penguins right now.

Malkin’s line immediately functioned better with Rodrigues on the right wing.

“We made some tweaks,” Sullivan said. “Geno’s line in the second and third had some really good looks.”

• Sullivan decided before the game to slide Brock McGinn into the top six, as a skater on Malkin’s left wing. He did a nice job, all things considered.
    Last edited by GTX; January 29, 2022 at 10:22 AM. Reason: all info is from article, not my thoughts
    League: H2H, 1 year, 12 teams, no keepers, 5 FA pick-ups / week, unlimited trades.
    Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks, Wins, SV%, SHO
    Positions: 2xC, 2xLW, 2xRW, 4xD, 2xG, 4xBN, IR, IR+

Drop Batherson or other skater to stream into playoffs?

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Kapanen or McCann ROS?

Quote Originally Posted by GTX View Post
    Hi Bubba. Quote from todays Athletic's article:

• After the first period, Kasperi Kapanen was removed from Evgeni Malkin’s line and sent to the fourth unit.

For those of you keeping track at home, Kapanen has been stripped of his spot on Malkin’s line three times in the past eight games. He was particularly brutal in the first period, getting stuffed on a couple of rushes and failing to connect with Malkin in any capacity.

Sullivan simply doesn’t call out players when he speaks with the media, and I think it’s a credit to him. But I think there is ample evidence to suggest that the coaching staff is throwing up its arms about Kapanen.

His scoring is wildly inconsistent. The chemistry that he had with Malkin last season hasn’t been all that apparent this season, save for a couple of minor moments. He makes bad decisions with the puck and has had a couple of bad defensive breakdowns.

It’s not like the Penguins don’t have other options at right wing in their top six. They can put Evan Rodrigues there, which they did Friday. They can put Jeff Carter there and move Rodrigues to the third-line center.

Hextall isn’t interested in making major changes to this team. The Penguins are one of the NHL’s best teams, and he knows it. Still, if there is a list of candidates to be moved off the roster, Kapanen would probably be at the very top. Everyone seems a little frustrated with him, and remember, Hextall didn’t acquire him. Jim Rutherford did. I wouldn’t imagine Hextall feels any loyalty to Kapanen.

His performance is a big problem for the Penguins right now.

Malkin’s line immediately functioned better with Rodrigues on the right wing.

“We made some tweaks,” Sullivan said. “Geno’s line in the second and third had some really good looks.”

• Sullivan decided before the game to slide Brock McGinn into the top six, as a skater on Malkin’s left wing. He did a nice job, all things considered.
    Thanks GTX, awesome insight which was what I was looking for!!!! I actually checked the last game line combos in Frozen Tool and was surprised to see Kapanen off Geno's line. Seems like this wasn't the first time. I think you may be right, Kapenen may find himself on the outside looking in if he's actually not there already. There's no denying his talent, but as you say, inconsistency and lack of defensive awareness are just not helping him. Thanks again!!!

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Keepers

Drops