Thread: Evander Kane Trade

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Evander Kane Trade

I posted previously asking about Kane's trade value, but the general consensus was that it was still too early at the time (early January). However, TSN just announced that he has reached a verbal agreement on a 1-year deal with the Oilers. I am currently in first place in my league, and the GM who has Kane is 2nd last. He's looking to retool his roster, and has expressed interest in moving Kane, but would like a younger forward that he can add to his keeper core moving forward.

In our league settings (details in signature), power forwards like Kane are pretty valuable. If he comes back and plays ok, his combination of points/hits/pims will likely make him a top 50 player. If he hits it off with McDavid or Draisaitl, he could be top 10. And my team could use some "grit", especially from my forward group.

Having said all that, what is Kane's trade value at this point? And looking at my roster, who would you offer? Given that I am generally in win-now mode (without wanting to mortgage the future or break up my young core), I'd like to move someone who is not contributing to my team now, or potentially someone who is a fringe keeper. Most obvious candidates are likely:

• Laine - having a bad year, still a huge talent, but more of a question mark than a couple years ago.
    • Hertl - very good, but not top tier. Might not meet OGM's "young" criteria, and is helping my roster a lot right now. But is the definition of a fringe keeper in our league.
    • Fiala - meets the young criteria. But also reluctant to move a guy who regularly performs his best in the second half of the season.
    • Barzal/Pettersson - both underperforming (although playing better recently). Would be reluctant to move either, but a trade would likely help my chances this year.

I have very little faith in Kane long term, so I am very much viewing him as a "rental" option for this year. Any future performance is gravy. Thoughts?
    12 Teams, 23 Players (max 3 goalies), H2H, Keep 15 (max 2 goalies)
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 2F, 1U, 4D, 2G, 8 Bench, 2 IR+
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK, W, SV, SV%, SHO

Keepers:
    C - Matthews, Eichel, Hughes (LW), Pettersson
    LW - Kaprizov, Svechnikov (RW), Guentzel, Fiala, Keller (RW)
    RW - Marner, Meier (LW), Laine(C/LW), Jarvis (C)
    D - Dahlin​, Sergachev, Theodore, Klingberg, Werenski, Peeke, Cernak
    G - Shesterkin, Sorokin, Merzlikins
    IR - Pacioretty, Ristolainen

2023 Draft Picks: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

**2021/22 League Champion**

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Evander Kane Trade

Traded a middle 3rd rounder for him and sat and watched all season, waiting. Now that I got him playing, I am making a run for the Cup because he adds production, no matter what his head space. Kane, McDavid, Puljarvi sounds like quite a punch.

The more you wait, the more it might cost you IMO. Kane is going to burn it up something fierce, I think he is in TCB mode right now.

Just made an offer of Mangiapane, Jeannot, and Whitecloud trying to buy Panarin, to add to Kane's value on the Team, and make everything a great run for the Cup.

Cheers
    TEAM 1
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H, G, A, PPP, SOG, FOW, HITS, BLKS, PIM, GWG, ShG, W, SHO, GA, SV, ShL, OL
    3-6C, 3-6W, 6D, 8B, 2G, 20 farm, 3IR

C - Crosby-McDavid-Giroux-Kadri
    W - Ovechkin-Marchand-Lehkonen-Wheeler-E.Kane-Landeskog
    D - Jones-Schenn-Stone-Lindholm-Moser-Whitecloud
    G - Hellebuyck-Lindgren-Martin-Stalock

Full Keeper

The Great One

Of the players you listed I'd think Laine and Pettersson would garner interest. But they are also the ones you might most regret trading. It is definitely a win now move if you have faith in Kane. I agree, his value will probably go up quite e bit. Start discussions and see where it goes...
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Don't trade Hertl. Laine i think works. He seems lost.

McDavid/Necas/ Kucherov/Bjorkstrand/Rust/Nugent Hopkins/Cirelli/Zegras/- Letang/Morrissey/Dahlin - Swayman/Saros/Skinner

Prospects include:
    McTavish/Clarke/Bordeleau
    Dumais/Korchinski/Hutson

Don't worry I'm not going to say anything more than I have to. If that.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd offer him one of Laine, Barzal, or Pettersson. I might keep Hertl over all of them, and he's helping you now.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I am now leaning towards a Laine for Kane offer…

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Smurf54 View Post
    I am now leaning towards a Laine for Kane offer…
    I think that's solid. Good Luck.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf