Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Coyotes working on deal to play at College Arena

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Coyotes working on deal to play at College Arena

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article...eat-arena-asu/

The Arizona Coyotes are working on a multi-year deal to play next season at Arizona State University's yet-to-be-completed 5,000-seat arena, according to a report by Craig Morgan of PHNX Sports.
    This is embarrassing, a 5,000 seat arena for 3-4 years. Move this team already!!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Coyotes working on deal to play at College Arena

There's junior teams who can pull in more than that. What an embarrassment.

Dobber Sports Expert

I think we should fold this thread into the aptly titled previous one

Minor League Team in Minor League Sports League due to be kicked out of building Dec. 20

Dobber Sports Titan

Imagine the locker rooms compared to like NYR, Seattle (new arena), Vegas, or any other NHL teams lol. This team is going to suck if they actually go ahead with this because even rookies they develop will want to leave because of the lack of money around the team.

But...They'll def be at the top of the sellout list.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Initiate

imagine being a top prospect and it's Arizona's turn to pick in the draft.

"Please not me, please not me, pleaseeeeeee"
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Sage

Can the Coyotes even fill a 5000 seat arena? I think they are being a bit optimistic.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Don't worry, sounds like capacity will be more like 3200

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Don't worry, sounds like capacity will be more like 3200
    Exactly!!

So move the team to a location where they will get more than 3,200 every night!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Prodigy

The only reasons that the NHL won't relocate the Coyotes is to avoid embarrassing the guys who spent a fortune on the Kraken and Knights and to protect new markets for another billion dollar payday from which only the owners get paid. The Coyotes would sell for a fraction of what it cost the Kraken owners to get a team. Of course, if the Coyotes sold with the assurance they could move, the price tag would be higher but still lower than what the Kraken cost. I am sure the NHL will save its best expansion opportunities for new teams but I am sure there are plenty of markets out there that won't ever get an expansion team that can do way better than the Coyotes are doing, or probably ever will do.

Quote Originally Posted by TrailerParkFlyers View Post
    The only reasons that the NHL won't relocate the Coyotes is to avoid embarrassing the guys who spent a fortune on the Kraken and Knights and to protect new markets for another billion dollar payday from which only the owners get paid. The Coyotes would sell for a fraction of what it cost the Kraken owners to get a team. Of course, if the Coyotes sold with the assurance they could move, the price tag would be higher but still lower than what the Kraken cost. I am sure the NHL will save its best expansion opportunities for new teams but I am sure there are plenty of markets out there that won't ever get an expansion team that can do way better than the Coyotes are doing, or probably ever will do.
    To solve this you put a relocation fee on it so that it is similar prices being paid so that the new owners can't complain.

​​

Dobber Sports Monster

When is the last time an NHL team played in such a small barn for a full season?

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by PicklePickle View Post
    imagine being a top prospect and it's Arizona's turn to pick in the draft.

"Please not me, please not me, pleaseeeeeee"
    LOL! I seem to remember some people floating that Auston Matthews would head home to Arizona as soon as he is a free agent...umm, yeah, nah.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Monster

Attached Images Attached Images

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    When is the last time an NHL team played in such a small barn for a full season?
    Maybe Ottawa's first few years in the league, when they played in Civic Centre while the new arena was being built? That was about 10,000 though. The Flames original arena in the early 80s fit about 7,000. No idea of anyone else. My guess would be expansion teams of years ago seemed to be playing out of different arenas for their first few years while their hockey arenas were being built, so it would probably be one of them.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Padawan

Did anyone? read the link in the 1st post. https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article...eat-arena-asu/
    "The Coyotes have the third-lowest attendance in the league, averaging 11,575 per game, above only the Ottawa Senators and Buffalo Sabres."
    Hard to believe 2 NHL teams have worse attendance than Yotes.
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.