Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Blockbuster......Makar for package including DeAngelo and Zegras

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Blockbuster......Makar for package including DeAngelo and Zegras

Hey Guys,

I'm sitting on an offer in a keeper league. G/A/PPP/SOG/GWG/PIMS/HITS. Yahoo rotisserie. 10 teams, keep 11 including 2 goalies plus 2 "rookie" spots (one under 50 games played in NHL and one under 100)

His Makar/Caufield and a 4th for my Zegras/DeAngelo/Weegar/Kahkonen and an 8th.

My keepers are really deep, I can't keep Weegar or Kahkonen anyways. I have Vas and Shest as goalies so obviously I'm keeping them. We allow guys to stash prospects in an "under 100 games played" spot that doesn't count against your other keepers, and it's looking like Zegras could get stashed there but so can Caufield.

It boils down to Zegras and DeAngelo and an 8th for Makar/Caufield and a 4th.

After next season, I'd end up bumping a keeper for Zegras if he's what I think he will be. That would mean a guy like Trochek or Teravaineen, maybe Chabot.

Not sure what to do, Makar is the best player in the deal currently but he's a bandaid. Zegras could come back top haunt me and I honestly think DeAngelo could be a beast for years if he keeps his nose out of other crap lol

Thoughts?
    Yahoo Roto league, 11 teams
    Keep 9 plus 2 goalies, + 2 prospect skaters or 1 prospect goalie
    Total Roster spots 24 + 3 IR and 1 N/A

G/A/PPP/SOG/GWG/PIMS/HITS
    W/SV%/GAA/SO

Keepers:

Mcdavid//Pastrnak/Mackinnon/M.Tkachuk/Boldy/Eriksson Ek/Morrisey/Sergachev/Nurse

Vas/Shesterkin
    Wolf (prospect keeper)

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Blockbuster......Makar for package including DeAngelo and Zegras

Dang, that's an interesting one! I think I'd go for it.
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Schiefele
    LW - Draisaitl, Fiala, Meier
    RW - ​​Marner, Barzal, Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey, Dunn, Matheson
    G - Skinner
    B - Marchessault, Caufield, Saros

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, Nylander, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel, Pavelski, Duchene, Nyqvist, Rossi
    D - Bouchard, Dobson, Matheson, Andersson, Letang
    G - Vasilevskiy, Markstrom
    B - Mateychuk
    M - Cooley, Michkov, Perreault, Hutson, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Grand Master

For me it depends if you are fighting for the title, and I'd think you are. I'm not sure I'd want to give up all of that for some possible future gain. I figure you are partly because I see Kadri in your keepers.

Where are you this year contention-wise?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    For me it depends if you are fighting for the title, and I'd think you are. I'm not sure I'd want to give up all of that for some possible future gain. I figure you are partly because I see Kadri in your keepers.

Where are you this year contention-wise?

I knew this question would get asked, and it's going to be a weird response but important to factor in.
    I currently am in 1st and could grab the title...but I've literally won 6 times in the last 8 years and 2 years in a row. This is despite doing a redraft down to only 6 keepers just 2 years ago.
    I run the league and I'm getting a little concerned guys are going to start leaving if I keep winning so, I wouldn't mind taking a bow to 2nd or 3rd this year but I want to upgrade my keepers to do so. So I look at this as a way to drop a bit, grab Makar, and let someone else potentially take the trophy for a year.

W/SV%/GAA/SO

Keepers:

Mcdavid//Pastrnak/Mackinnon/M.Tkachuk/Boldy/Eriksson Ek/Morrisey/Sergachev/Nurse

Vas/Shesterkin
    Wolf (prospect keeper)

Dobber Sports Veteran

If I was offered that for my Makar, I wouldn't even hesitate to turn it down.

You're getting the best D man in the league plus a pick upgrade for a bunch of question marks.

Dobber Sports Stud

When you are offered the McDavid of defensemen, you have to seriously consider it.

I'd take that deal

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    If I was offered that for my Makar, I wouldn't even hesitate to turn it down.

You're getting the best D man in the league plus a pick upgrade for a bunch of question marks.
    Makar’s ability to stay healthy is a question mark as well…

W/SV%/GAA/SO

Keepers:

Vas/Shesterkin
    Wolf (prospect keeper)

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterio Jr View Post
    I knew this question would get asked, and it's going to be a weird response but important to factor in.
    I currently am in 1st and could grab the title...but I've literally won 6 times in the last 8 years and 2 years in a row. This is despite doing a redraft down to only 6 keepers just 2 years ago.
    I run the league and I'm getting a little concerned guys are going to start leaving if I keep winning so, I wouldn't mind taking a bow to 2nd or 3rd this year but I want to upgrade my keepers to do so. So I look at this as a way to drop a bit, grab Makar, and let someone else potentially take the trophy for a year.
    Well, your right, this is certainly weird. I just don't like the idea of a GM/Comish making a bad trade and tanking to keep his pool going. This being the case, I would respectfully suggest that this is a pool that maybe needs to fold and rebuild with stronger GM's. I've been in a few pools were the Comish is in a similar position to you, meaning very successful. Why, cause they know their shit! Still, no one quits, everyone wants to take them down! You need GM's like that.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Pro

I completely understand this situation, as I'm in the same one myself. It took a while to talk my competitive self into it, but I've decided it's best for the longterm viability of the league for me as commish to take a couple of losses.

You can still finish second or third and get some of the winnings. This way a bunch of guys won't get frustrated and leave because they feel like it's just becoming a donation to the commish. I respect your willingness to do that!
    G - Skinner

F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, Nylander, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel, Pavelski, Duchene, Nyqvist, Rossi
    B - Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    Well, your right, this is certainly weird. I just don't like the idea of a GM/Comish making a bad trade and tanking to keep his pool going. This being the case, I would respectfully suggest that this is a pool that maybe needs to fold and rebuild with stronger GM's. I've been in a few pools were the Comish is in a similar position to you, meaning very successful. Why, cause they know their shit! Still, no one quits, everyone wants to take them down! You need GM's like that.
    The weak have been slowly weeding themselves out actually. And instead of inviting new managers I've been letting the pool have snaking drafts of their keepers which has significantly bolstered all the struggling teams. One guy got Drais this year and is now competing for 1st where as the past few years had been finishing around 5th. I think it's getting pretty balanced now. You can only reward lazy/poor managers with redrafts so often lol

W/SV%/GAA/SO

Keepers:

Vas/Shesterkin
    Wolf (prospect keeper)

Dobber Sports Pro

The weak have been slowly weeding themselves out actually. And instead of inviting new managers I've been letting the pool have snaking drafts of their keepers which has significantly bolstered all the struggling teams. One guy got Draistl this year and is now competing for 1st where as the past few years had been finishing around 5th. I think it's getting pretty balanced now. You can only reward lazy/poor managers with redrafts so often lol
    Agreed - I've strongly pushed back against any redraft talk in our league since it undermines people's planning and hard work. However I've recently added in a rule that the winner each year gets one less keeper than everyone else. If you win two years in a row you get two less keepers, and so on. But as soon as you don't win you go back to full keeper count. That seems to have had the desired effect on parity without being too heavy handed.
    G - Skinner

B - Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Rockies & Hockeys View Post
    Agreed - I've strongly pushed back against any redraft talk in our league since it undermines people's planning and hard work. However I've recently added in a rule that the winner each year gets one less keeper than everyone else. If you win two years in a row you get two less keepers, and so on. But as soon as you don't win you go back to full keeper count. That seems to have had the desired effect on parity without being too heavy handed.
    Oooh that's a good idea...

W/SV%/GAA/SO

Keepers:

Vas/Shesterkin
    Wolf (prospect keeper)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Rockies & Hockeys View Post
    Dude, this is a great idea.

In terms of the original post - do it. Get Makar. Even if this is an overpay (which I'm not sure it is), top end talent is worth it.
    12 Teams, 23 Players (max 3 goalies), H2H, Keep 15 (max 2 goalies)
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 2F, 1U, 4D, 2G, 8 Bench, 2 IR+
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK, W, SV, SV%, SHO

Keepers:
    C - Matthews, Eichel, Hughes (LW), Pettersson
    LW - Kaprizov, Svechnikov (RW), Guentzel, Fiala, Keller (RW)
    RW - Marner, Meier (LW), Laine(C/LW), Jarvis (C)
    D - Dahlin​, Sergachev, Theodore, Klingberg, Werenski, Peeke, Cernak
    G - Shesterkin, Sorokin, Merzlikins
    IR - Pacioretty, Ristolainen

2023 Draft Picks: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

**2021/22 League Champion**

Dobber Sports Pro

Thanks guys! Feel free to steal my idea, haha. No royalties required.
    G - Skinner

B - Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Icon

I prefer the Makar side. You are selling high on Deangelo and buying low on Caufield. That's a good combination.