Thread: DeAngelo for Drysdale and a pick - advice needed

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default DeAngelo for Drysdale and a pick - advice needed

I'm in a 10-team multicat keeper league. Skater are G, A, P, +/-, SOG, PPP, Hits, Blocked shots.

4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 6 bench, 10 farm. Keep 9 on the main, plus up to 4 "farm-eligible" main roster players, plus 6 farmers.

I'm rebuilding a bit and have been offered Drysdale (currently on the farm) and a 2nd round draft pick for Tony DeAngelo.

My sense is that Drysdale is going to be a multicat stud, but DeAngelo's value is through the roof this year. Is this a sell high for me? Or is DeAngelo a better long-term keep than Drysdale?

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: DeAngelo for Drysdale and a pick - advice needed

you make that trade, but try and sqeek a first rounder instead...in the absence of any other information
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    you make that trade, but try and sqeek a first rounder instead...in the absence of any other information
    Agreed, though his first rounder is already gone. He will be finishing in the top 3-4 so the pick isn't too high.

And sorry - clarified the original post with more info. 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 6 bench, 10 farm. Keep 9 on the main, plus up to 4 "farm-eligible" main roster players, plus 6 farmers.

Dobber Sports Star

As it always is and likely will be with DeAngelo, the question is whether he'll flame out due to behavior, which we can't readily predict. Although it has already happened once. Drysdale's a very nice piece to have and certainly belongs in a 10 team. He doesn't seem to be a hitter and his blocks are not exceptional for a d-man. But he seems well-poised to be a repeat 50 pt defenseman at some point in the future, likely when the Ducks have better skaters and Zegras, etc. come more into their own. Drysdale's also about 6 or 7 years younger, so you get more years of production.

If you're rebuilding and considering dealing DeAngelo, it wouldn't hurt to quietly solicit offers from the other contenders, as who knows what you'll get back. I'd do that before saying yes to Drysdale. But if this was the only offer you got, I'd be happy to receive Drysdale.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

what about asking for a second and a fourth? Just mention you would do a first if he had one.

McDavid/Necas/ Kucherov/Bjorkstrand/Rust/Nugent Hopkins/Cirelli/Zegras/- Letang/Morrissey/Dahlin - Swayman/Saros/Skinner

Prospects include:
    McTavish/Clarke/Bordeleau
    Dumais/Korchinski/Hutson

Don't worry I'm not going to say anything more than I have to. If that.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by behindthegeek View Post
    Agreed, though his first rounder is already gone. He will be finishing in the top 3-4 so the pick isn't too high.

And sorry - clarified the original post with more info. 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 6 bench, 10 farm. Keep 9 on the main, plus up to 4 "farm-eligible" main roster players, plus 6 farmers.

is it a snake draft like most drafts? The higher you finish in a snake draft, the worse your 1st rounder is, but better your 2nd rounder is.

I came in 1st overall last year and won everything. My 1st rounder was 14th pick, my 2nd 15th lol(if I owned them). I traded my 1st and a 4th to get the 2nd of the guy who came in 2nd overall and lost to me in the finals and a 3rd from the worst team(Which was 1st pick in the 3rd round). The 2nd rounder was literally 2 picks after my 1st would have been. Being able to predict the final standings helps.
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Stud

For me this is a "YES" deal - but no you're not actually "selling high" as DeAngelo is likely going to produce like this as long as he keeps his nose clean.

That said, I'm a huge Drysdale fan and he's EXACTLY the kind of guy I'd be targeting if I wanted to move on from TDA. Getting a pick is a must, and agree a 1st would feel 'better' than a late second - but if TDA missteps here in the coming year or two you'll be thrilled you made this deal. If he keeps just playing hockey, I think you'll find the deal was "fair" but the value on your end will take a few extra years to come to fruition. Good luck!
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji