Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Batherson and keeper value - will rep

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Batherson and keeper value - will rep

I should start by saying that I'm very high on Batherson. Guy was over a ppg, L1, PP1, and on a team that's going to be a force. Also, he paces at over 2 hits per game as well.

That said, the injury last night after the Dell cheap shot, was a huge blow to my team.

The first team in my sig is sitting 8th out of 14 teams right now (largely due to horrible goaltending).

If my team continues to perform poorly, I may have to pull the chute and begin to retool. That said, I am looking at Batherson potentially taking a keeper slot moving forward.

My question is this: Would you keep Batherson given my roster? it's a keep 7, 14 team league (first in sig). Or, do I move him in an attempt to get back into the standings and push a bit.

Thanks in advance, will Rep
    14 team head to head, 7 keepers
    G, A, PPP, HITS, PIM, +/-, GWG, W, L, SO, SV%
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2 Utility, 2G, 4 bench, 1IR+
    F - Matthews, Marner, McDavid, Debrincat, Thomas, Jeannot, Vilardi, Zegras, Guentzel, Zibanejad
    D - Dahlin, Bouchard, Lauzon, Durzi,. Chychrun
    G - Samsonov, Gustavsson, Askarov

16 team head to head, 15 keepers
    G, A, PPP, SOG, Hit, Block, W, GAA, SV, SV%
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 1F, 4D, 1 Utility, 2G
    F - McDavid, Tavares, Kucherov, Meier, Duchene, Foerster P. Kane, Pastrnak, R. Smith, Forsberg, Poitras, W. Johnston

D - Josi, Reilly, Faber, Matheson, Nemec,
    G - Vasilevskiy, Merzlikins, Vladar, Cossa

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Batherson and keeper value - will rep

see what happens in teh next two weeks to a month or so, of you don't make ground, start teh rebuild and see whats left. in that case id see your keepers as:

AM, MArner, Guentz, Bath
    Chabot, Chych/Dahlin
    Swayman/Samsonov
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Stalinism View Post
    I should start by saying that I'm very high on Batherson. Guy was over a ppg, L1, PP1, and on a team that's going to be a force. Also, he paces at over 2 hits per game as well.

That said, the injury last night after the Dell cheap shot, was a huge blow to my team.

The first team in my sig is sitting 8th out of 14 teams right now (largely due to horrible goaltending).

If my team continues to perform poorly, I may have to pull the chute and begin to retool. That said, I am looking at Batherson potentially taking a keeper slot moving forward.

My question is this: Would you keep Batherson given my roster? it's a keep 7, 14 team league (first in sig). Or, do I move him in an attempt to get back into the standings and push a bit.

Thanks in advance, will Rep
    Going to Copy paste your Cats and Roster here so i can look better without scrolling

F - Matthews, Ovechkin, Marner, Landeskog, Guentzel, Batherson, Giroux, Necas, Jennot, Keller
    D - Carlson, Chabot, Chychrun, Dahlin.
    G - Samsonov, Swayman, Grubauer, Rask

Yeah that goaltending needs work 4 goalie categories to 7 skater. if you do decide to rebuild, its not picks you need to accumulate only, its improving in goal.

At a glance, the keep worthy players are: Ovechkin, Matthews, Marner, Landeskog, Guentzel, Batherson, Carlson, and probably Samsonov because he is the only goalie in a somewhat good situation who you KNOW is likely in the NHL next year, but he is still weak. Swayman may or may not be in the NHL. Rask may or may not. Grubauer is a black hole for losses and sv%

Giroux is old and doesn't hit or take tons of PIM's and his +/- sucks
    Jeannot is too risky as he came out of nowhere and has no pedigree and plays on the 2nd/3rd line
    Necas isn't develloping, doesn't hit much or take PIM's
    Chabot isn't develloping. he's been regressing
    Dahlin.....has potential. He hits more than most of that Roster this year
    Chychrun may be good with a scenery change, but man he sucks if given the tough matches. Losing OEL sucked for him.
    Keller doesn't hit or take lots of PIM's and his +/- sucks

G, A, PPP, HITS, PIM, +/-, GWG

GWG is a lottery category. But you get more tickets if a player scores goals.

Matthews and Marner are not hitters or PIM guys, but they check the goals, assists, PPP and stay on the right side of the +/- ledger generally. No brainers.
    Landeskog just signed an extension and plays with megastars while being gritty and hitting and taking PIM's. he checks every box here. No brainer
    Guentzel checks the points boxes, lacks in PIM's/Hits. Before Crosby came back he was below a PPG despite getting the best offensive deployment. That is only relevant because Malkin and Crosby are ooooold. he's probably still good for a few more years. once they leave, i'd be wary.
    Ovechkin is easily your best keeper. but for how long? The guy turns 37 next year. His hits are waaaay down this year for a reason. I only say this because, if you decide to sell, he's the kind of guy who can push a team over the top. Packaged with Rask/Swayman, you may be able to convert him to a top goalie.
    Carlson Still a top offensive Dman. But he peaked and is heading in the other direction, probably slowly. Doesn't hit as much as one would like in a top Dman, or take PIM's much.

Batherson Hits a lot, plays on the top PP and yes, I think he can keep at least a 70 point pace over 82, Maybe more. He is part of the superstar summer camp learning from the best and has improved a ton every year because of it. Does NOT take as many PIM's as one would expect from a guy who hits that much.

Dahlin is the only other one above who I would keep a close eye on how he finished the year.

if you decide to sell, you need to try to score a #1 goalie. Sweet talking how Rask is always slow at the start and rusty with whatever player you pair him with. its true historically Rask is a slow starter. But he has never come back from Hip surgery before or looked this off. im not confident, but you have to sound confident in offers.

And yeah, you need to seriously consider shopping an old Ovechkin. His value goes nowhere but down every year past 35. His hitting has already dropped considerably in just 2 years. He feels those grey hairs. Name me 10 superstars in the past 40 years who played at a high to elite level past the age of 37. Its actually reallllly rare.
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

The Great One

F - Matthews, Ovechkin, Marner, Landeskog, Guentzel, Batherson, Giroux, Necas, Jennot, Keller

These are the guys I'd keep. None of your goalies are worth keeping in a limited keeper. Hang onto to Batherson.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Stud

JoeThornton has a really excellent and detailed post to consider.

For me, when I look at your team, you've probably got close to 10 keeper-worthy pieces so you're likely going to lose value on some of them.

Aside from your goalies, on paper you've got a squad that should be competing for the cup. If you can turn Bath (or another player or two) into a quality goalie for this year, I'd definitely push your chips and take a shot. Batherson is only valuable to you as your final keeper if you can get some kind of return on your other 'bubble' keepers.

In a keep 7, you're ideally in a position to compete every year, once your core keepers are in place (which you've got). Yes Drake is an enticing piece to have here in this format, but considering you likely drafted Jeannot quite late (or maybe even added him as a FA), you obviously can find solid value pre-/in-season.

Go for the cup imo. Good luck!
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by J0e Th0rnton View Post
    Going to Copy paste your Cats and Roster here so i can look better without scrolling

Yeah that goaltending needs work 4 goalie categories to 7 skater. if you do decide to rebuild, its not picks you need to accumulate only, its improving in goal.

At a glance, the keep worthy players are: Ovechkin, Matthews, Marner, Landeskog, Guentzel, Batherson, Carlson, and probably Samsonov because he is the only goalie in a somewhat good situation who you KNOW is likely in the NHL next year, but he is still weak. Swayman may or may not be in the NHL. Rask may or may not. Grubauer is a black hole for losses and sv%

Giroux is old and doesn't hit or take tons of PIM's and his +/- sucks
    Jeannot is too risky as he came out of nowhere and has no pedigree and plays on the 2nd/3rd line
    Necas isn't develloping, doesn't hit much or take PIM's
    Chabot isn't develloping. he's been regressing
    Dahlin.....has potential. He hits more than most of that Roster this year
    Chychrun may be good with a scenery change, but man he sucks if given the tough matches. Losing OEL sucked for him.
    Keller doesn't hit or take lots of PIM's and his +/- sucks

G, A, PPP, HITS, PIM, +/-, GWG

GWG is a lottery category. But you get more tickets if a player scores goals.

Matthews and Marner are not hitters or PIM guys, but they check the goals, assists, PPP and stay on the right side of the +/- ledger generally. No brainers.
    Landeskog just signed an extension and plays with megastars while being gritty and hitting and taking PIM's. he checks every box here. No brainer
    Guentzel checks the points boxes, lacks in PIM's/Hits. Before Crosby came back he was below a PPG despite getting the best offensive deployment. That is only relevant because Malkin and Crosby are ooooold. he's probably still good for a few more years. once they leave, i'd be wary.
    Ovechkin is easily your best keeper. but for how long? The guy turns 37 next year. His hits are waaaay down this year for a reason. I only say this because, if you decide to sell, he's the kind of guy who can push a team over the top. Packaged with Rask/Swayman, you may be able to convert him to a top goalie.
    Carlson Still a top offensive Dman. But he peaked and is heading in the other direction, probably slowly. Doesn't hit as much as one would like in a top Dman, or take PIM's much.

Batherson Hits a lot, plays on the top PP and yes, I think he can keep at least a 70 point pace over 82, Maybe more. He is part of the superstar summer camp learning from the best and has improved a ton every year because of it. Does NOT take as many PIM's as one would expect from a guy who hits that much.

Dahlin is the only other one above who I would keep a close eye on how he finished the year.

if you decide to sell, you need to try to score a #1 goalie. Sweet talking how Rask is always slow at the start and rusty with whatever player you pair him with. its true historically Rask is a slow starter. But he has never come back from Hip surgery before or looked this off. im not confident, but you have to sound confident in offers.

And yeah, you need to seriously consider shopping an old Ovechkin. His value goes nowhere but down every year past 35. His hitting has already dropped considerably in just 2 years. He feels those grey hairs. Name me 10 superstars in the past 40 years who played at a high to elite level past the age of 37. Its actually reallllly rare.

Thanks for the awesome info. I've got a bit of a situation where my goaltending has been an issue for a while. I put my eggs into Samsonov's basket and it's been a rough ride. He cant solidify the starter job, despite being given every chance to do so. He's very inconsistent at the best of time. I had Price and Vanecek last year as my goalies which put me into a better spot. I pillaged my picks and went into this year with my first pick being in the 4th round and beyond that, everything was extremely late.

I've been trying to make a move to add a goalie all year. I've offered the bottom feeding teams that have goalies (Talbot, Andersen, Hellebuyck, Bob, Ned, etc.). I've gone as far as offering a first, second and third with Swayman for Andersen from the guy in last place, but he declined.

Ultimately, I would love to acquire a top end goalie so that I could replace Grubauer and gain a streamer slot. I figure if I roll Rask, Samsonov and a top starter, I should be ok to at least split the goalie cats.

That said, part of my core is aging and I'll have to retool or reload at some point.
    F - Matthews, Marner, McDavid, Debrincat, Thomas, Jeannot, Vilardi, Zegras, Guentzel, Zibanejad

F - McDavid, Tavares, Kucherov, Meier, Duchene, Foerster P. Kane, Pastrnak, R. Smith, Forsberg, Poitras, W. Johnston

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks for the awesome info. I've got a bit of a situation where my goaltending has been an issue for a while. I put my eggs into Samsonov's basket and it's been a rough ride. He cant solidify the starter job, despite being given every chance to do so. He's very inconsistent at the best of time. I had Price and Vanecek last year as my goalies which put me into a better spot. I pillaged my picks and went into this year with my first pick being in the 4th round and beyond that, everything was extremely late.

I've been trying to make a move to add a goalie all year. I've offered the bottom feeding teams that have goalies (Talbot, Andersen, Hellebuyck, Bob, Ned, etc.). I've gone as far as offering a first, second and third with Swayman for Andersen from the guy in last place, but he declined.

Ultimately, I would love to acquire a top end goalie so that I could replace Grubauer and gain a streamer slot. I figure if I roll Rask, Samsonov and a top starter, I should be ok to at least split the goalie cats.

That said, part of my core is aging and I'll have to retool or reload at some point.
    Don't just target bottom feeding teams. If you decide to rebuild, look for those top teams with 3 goalies, who can only keep 1 or 2, and praise Rask to the sun and back, infer how they can't keep that 3rd goalie anyways and how X player you add to the deal would be a piece that could push them over the top.

Again, Ovechkin is 37 next year. Now is probably the last time he will have this sort of value. His hitting is way down this year. Saying "Ovechkin + Rask/Swayman" should make any GM going for it think about it. You won't get a Shesterkin, Vasi, Bobrovsky. But if someone has a Saros/Soroykin/Gibson/Demko and 2 other good goalies, tey will at least think "wow, Ovechkin leading the league in scoring and has hits and Boston is good"

Target those definite starters, not platoon guys.

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by J0e Th0rnton View Post
    Don't just target bottom feeding teams. If you decide to rebuild, look for those top teams with 3 goalies, who can only keep 1 or 2, and praise Rask to the sun and back, infer how they can't keep that 3rd goalie anyways and how X player you add to the deal would be a piece that could push them over the top.

Again, Ovechkin is 37 next year. Now is probably the last time he will have this sort of value. His hitting is way down this year. Saying "Ovechkin + Rask/Swayman" should make any GM going for it think about it. You won't get a Shesterkin, Vasi, Bobrovsky. But if someone has a Saros/Soroykin/Gibson/Demko and 2 other good goalies, tey will at least think "wow, Ovechkin leading the league in scoring and has hits and Boston is good"

Target those definite starters, not platoon guys.
    That's the issue in this league. People who have defined starters are hardly rolling 3. The goalie combos are as follows in ascending order in standings.

Vasi/Smith/Koskinen
    Skesterkin/Quick/Oettinger/Luukkonen
    Jarry/Knight/Stolarz
    Saros/Georgiev/Vanecek
    Campbell/Hart/Kahkonen
    Lehner/Ullmark/Gibson
    Demko/Petersen/Binnington/Husso
    Sorokin/Markstrom
    Francouz/Merzlikins/Fleury/Mrazek/Skinner
    Bob/Blackwood/Nedeljkovic/Price
    Kuemper/Varlamov
    Reimer/Holtby/Vladar/Murray
    Andersen/Hellebuyck/Talbot

The result of each team rostering 3+ is that there's next to no goalies on the wire right now. There's no claim to make which can resolve my situation. it essentially has to be done through draft or trade. If you don't draft in the first three rounds, you basically aren't getting a goalie. You have to hit the wire for a player like Husso and hope to get lucky. I drafted Swayman and Allen this year as my two goalies. Swayman looked like the right move, until Rask came on. I stashed Rask for a month and a half and burnt a roster spot on him to get him.

I have an option to acquire Ullmark but the asking price on him is Guentzel. Guy needs a goal scorer which I tend to have plenty of. He's not willing to really bend on it. I was negotiating Batherson but then Dell saw to that negotiation ending.

Dobber Sports Stud

That's the issue in this league. People who have defined starters are hardly rolling 3. The goalie combos are as follows in ascending order in standings.

Vasi/Smith/Koskinen
    Skesterkin/Quick/Oettinger/Luukkonen
    Jarry/Knight/Stolarz
    Saros/Georgiev/Vanecek
    Campbell/Hart/Kahkonen
    Lehner/Ullmark/Gibson
    Demko/Petersen/Binnington/Husso
    Sorokin/Markstrom
    Francouz/Merzlikins/Fleury/Mrazek/Skinner
    Bob/Blackwood/Nedeljkovic/Price
    Kuemper/Varlamov
    Reimer/Holtby/Vladar/Murray
    Andersen/Hellebuyck/Talbot

The result of each team rostering 3+ is that there's next to no goalies on the wire right now. There's no claim to make which can resolve my situation. it essentially has to be done through draft or trade. If you don't draft in the first three rounds, you basically aren't getting a goalie. You have to hit the wire for a player like Husso and hope to get lucky. I drafted Swayman and Allen this year as my two goalies. Swayman looked like the right move, until Rask came on. I stashed Rask for a month and a half and burnt a roster spot on him to get him.

I have an option to acquire Ullmark but the asking price on him is Guentzel. Guy needs a goal scorer which I tend to have plenty of. He's not willing to really bend on it. I was negotiating Batherson but then Dell saw to that negotiation ending.
    For a rebuild, I would want a workhorse starter or someone guaranteed to have the crease next year.

And nobody would suddenly be interested if Ovechkin's name was available with Rask/Swayman for a win it all push this year?

McDavid C

The Great One

Lehner/Ullmark/Gibson

This is your guy…
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Lehner/Ullmark/Gibson

This is your guy…
    This is the guy I've been targeting and working on. He's open to moving one of his goalies but wants a goal scorer in return. He asked for Guentzel for Ullmark but I think that's a bit steep given the start share which Ullmark will have. Should I try and push a Guentzel for Lehner deal? or throw down Ovi for Lehner?

The Great One

Matthews Ovechkin Marner Landeskog/Guentzel/Batherson
    Carlson Chabot
    Samsonov

Seems like goalies are extremely valuable in this pool?

I would move Giroux/Keller/Necas/Batherson for G help

The Great One

What’s his response to Gibson offers?
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    What’s his response to Gibson offers?
    Haven't even kicked tires on Gibson

Dobber Sports Stud

This is the guy I've been targeting and working on. He's open to moving one of his goalies but wants a goal scorer in return. He asked for Guentzel for Ullmark but I think that's a bit steep given the start share which Ullmark will have. Should I try and push a Guentzel for Lehner deal? or throw down Ovi for Lehner?
    Ovie for lehner would be ideal actually

The league leading scorer who hits is at an all time high in value.

Lehner is a decent goalie signed long term on a great team about to get Eichel to add to the mix and Pacioretty back from injury