Thread: Pretty Big trade offer....need some help please

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Pretty Big trade offer....need some help please

So, a GM reached out and wanted to grab both Johnny hockey and JT Miller from my team.

Johnny - 6.7m
    Miller - 5.2m

for

Cirelli - 4.8m
    Jarry - 3.5m
    2 x 1sts 2022

I have a ton of questions, but would rather hear some initial thoughts here...

I dont think I need Jarry, I already have Ned, Demko and Shesk, but I could flip a starter to another GM.

My first gut feeling was no, but hoping to hear what you all have to say.
    Salary Cap League:
    13 Team, G, A,+/-, W-2, OTL,SO-3
    30 max, 21 weekly active roster (12F, 7D, 2G)
    Note: Our league is 1 year behind in terms of available players and salary. Salary doesn't change for length of Pool contract.

Team:
    F-Trochek, Necas, J.T.Miller,McCann,Terry,Engvall, Zibanajed,mikhehev,GourdeHagel, Petterson,skinner
    D-
    Lindgren,Barrie,Forsling,.Morrisey,Aho,Ekblad,fabe r
    G-
    ,ulnarkSherstkin, Ned

(*) = Multi year deal

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Pretty Big trade offer....need some help please

You should be able to get far, far more, especially considering your signature says your salaries are 1 year behind NHL--so Gaudreau still has another full year, and JT 2.

The Great One

There’s a deal there but this one is probably a no. As beav said - you can get more.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Veteran

So with your league settings Miller has 3 years left on his deal & Johnny Hockey has 2 if you're a year behind, correct?
    If that's the case, then no, I hate this deal for you.

If it's not the case and Miller has 2 & JH is in his final year, then I think it's closer and you could potentially counter and find a deal that works IF;
    1) You're closer to being a bottom end team than a contender.
    2) You can line up a potential deal to flip Jarry or move a different starting G for better assets.
    & 3) You can grab blue chip prospects with those firsts. Nothing is more valuable in cap leagues than having great producers on rookie deals.

JH is going to get paid on his next deal, and it's going to be more than the 6.75M he's getting now. He'll still produce, but his value will drop with his increased salary. If you can cash in on that now (if you're not contending), I think that's solid asset management.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Regardless of contract timing I don't like this deal for you at all. You should be able to get way more for Miller and Gaudreau... Gaudreau's value right now is ridiculous if he has a full left at his price tag. Bare in mind he will eventually sign a pretty huge deal, and you can trade him before that.. But that return isn't close for me. I'm not big on Cirelli in points only and you don't need a goalie all that much.

Think much bigger

If anything I'd look to improve your D keepers as that looks like the weakness you need to address.

Weekly H2H, Points Only, Keeper League - 10 team - Keep 14 (+ 2 rookies, under 25 GP) - dress 12 F, 6 D, 2 G (Wins: 2 pts, OTL: 1 pt, SO: 1 pt) - 30 Roster max w/ 1 IR spot which opens up one roster spot.

FW: Aho, Eichel, Draisatl, Rantanen, Marchand, Matthews, Kyrou, J. Robertson, Bergeron, Duchene, Boldy, Toffoli, Kempe, Krejci, Schmaltz

D: Rielly, Heiskenen, Dobson, Drysdale, Byram, Nurse, Weegar, Matheson, Clarke

G: Andersen, Georgiev, Francouz, Kotchetkov, Wallstedt