Thread: Rask

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Rask

Do we think there is reason to panic here? My goalie situation for team 1 in my sig was kind of banking on him to be half decent on return.
    14 team head to head, 7 keepers
    G, A, PPP, HITS, PIM, +/-, GWG, W, L, SO, SV%
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2 Utility, 2G, 4 bench, 1IR+
    F - Matthews, Marner, McDavid, Debrincat, Thomas, Jeannot, Vilardi, Zegras, Guentzel, Zibanejad
    D - Dahlin, Bouchard, Lauzon, Durzi,. Chychrun
    G - Samsonov, Gustavsson, Askarov

16 team head to head, 15 keepers
    G, A, PPP, SOG, Hit, Block, W, GAA, SV, SV%
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 1F, 4D, 1 Utility, 2G
    F - McDavid, Tavares, Kucherov, Meier, Duchene, Foerster P. Kane, Pastrnak, R. Smith, Forsberg, Poitras, W. Johnston

D - Josi, Reilly, Faber, Matheson, Nemec,
    G - Vasilevskiy, Merzlikins, Vladar, Cossa

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Rask

I think there is cause for concern. Ultimately, the Bruins' goal is to have Rask 100% ready for the playoffs, not now. Everything that leads up to that is just practice. Rask might not have been as sharp as everyone had hoped and is playing into shape/sharpness. If that's the case, there's not much to do but to hope he regains his form sooner rather than later. The Bruins aren't likely to send him to the AHL to regain his polish and embarrass him.

Dobber Sports Icon

He has not looked quite right so far this season. Whether that is rust, injury or age, I don't know. The Bruins are so good defensively that they only need averaging goaltending so I don't think the Bruins are that concerned at this point in time. I would expect him to get better as the season progresses.

Dobber Sports Deity

Of course you should worry. Any goalie coming off a hip injury like he had is cause for concern, especially one as old as Rask, who will heal slower. Most goalies take the better part of a year of playing to return to form.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Rasks situation requires patience. If you’re team is fighting for a playoff spot then you probably don’t have the luxury to be patient. Rask has been a top goalie for most of his career. He may not get quite back to that level but he should return to form if he’s able to get enough time in the crease to get his legs back under him. He’s a nice insurance policy for a team that’s sitting comfortably in a playoff spot, but not someone I would want to rely on for at least a few more weeks

Dobber Sports Prodigy

the thing to keep in mind with Rask is he almost ALWAYS starts slow, October is one of his worst mknths historically. that said he's looked worse than any October I can remember.

I'm not buying that he isn't recovered from injury. by all accounts he has been moving as well as he ever has and is no longer experiencing pain.

but I think there's reason to worry short term. he didn't get the conditioning stint that was planned in the AHL due to Covid cancellations and he didn't get a camp. I own him too but I'm thinking he might be first on the chopping block (even ahead of Binnington, ugh) for me because while I think he could turn it around and get the bulk of starts, I just don't know when that's gonna be.

if you can afford to hold him for a few weeks in hopes he's vintage Rask come playoffs I'd do that. if you are looking for him to bounce back short term I wouldn't hold my breath, though with the rotation his next 2 games should be @ ARI and vs SEA so maybe you feel comfortable waiting another week to see how it looks.

The Great One

Oh he's vintage all right...
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch