Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chychrun

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Chychrun

I'm a bit at a loss if what to do with him.

I know he's not looking good this year and he lost his PP spot to Ghost. I watched him a bit and he has a wicked shot and is pretty good (then again I don't watch a lot of Coyotes hockey).

I had a few offers here and there, but nothing really serious. Should I look to trade him actively or simply hold on and hope for better next season?
    1) 12 team keeper league (cap with aav) keep 15. (Less than 82 GP = protected)
    Fwd G 2pt A 1pt Def G 2pt A 1pt Blk .33 pt Goalies - W 2pt OTL 1pt SO 4pt

F(12): Robertson, J Hughes, Stutzle, Zegras, K. Johnson, Kuzmenko, Tolvanen, Byfield, Cooley, Eklund, Evangelista, Knies
    D(6): Seider, Dahlin, Drysdale, Bouchard, Theodore, Mintyukov
    G(2): Andersen, Oettinger
    Bench (8):
    A Tomasino, Guenther, Coronato
    D Clarke, Boqvist, Drysdale, OEL
    G Levi

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Chychrun

Quote Originally Posted by Patty93 View Post
    I'm a bit at a loss if what to do with him.

I know he's not looking good this year and he lost his PP spot to Ghost. I watched him a bit and he has a wicked shot and is pretty good (then again I don't watch a lot of Coyotes hockey).

I had a few offers here and there, but nothing really serious. Should I look to trade him actively or simply hold on and hope for better next season?
    There are a lot of trade rumours involving Chychrun going around. I think he'll be off that Coyote team and somewhere where his talents will be put to better use.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I have him, and he's a hold. People forget how young he is (23) and put up a 60 pt pace last year on the worst team in the league.

Add in a cap league and how he has 4 more years at 4.6, and he has immense value moving forward.

Dobber Sports Star

Depends on how he fits into your keeper plans. There's gonna be a ton of hype around him leading to the deadline, which will boost his current value, but his value will still be lower than it should be. At this point, unless a solid offer comes your way hang on and maybe you hit the jackpot at the deadline and he goes to a team like the Rangers, as rumored. If not, hope he turns it around next season...can only go up from here.

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Suzuki
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg,
    Konecny(L/R)
    R-Hyman(L/R), Svechnikov(L/R), P. Kane
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill
    IR
    -Demko

The Great One

Definite hold. See where he ends up.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Thanks! I'll hold for now and hope he goes to a better team.

I know one of the gm's was considering trading Scheifele for a D. I might look into that

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thanks! I'll hold for now and hope he goes to a better team.

I know one of the gm's was considering trading Scheifele for a D. I might look into that
    It's a hold for now, but remember last year, OEL was taking all the hard mins.
    10 team keeper league dress 4 LW, C, RW, 6 Def and 2 Goalies (gls and asts are a pt for fwds and 1.5 for Def, as is a +, but also -1 for a - forwards and -1 for "D", G - 2 pts for win, 5 for SO and pts for saves)
    LW - Landeskog, Robertson, E. Kane, Guentzel, Huberdeau, Kreider, Schwartz (C/RW)
    C - Stamkos, Zibanijad, Wright, Norris, Seguin (RW), Larkin, Zegras, Zary
    RW - Rantanen, Olofsson, Kuzmenko (LW), Sharangovich (LW/C), Laine, Arvidsson (LW)
    D - M. Anderson, Josi, S. Jones, Toews, Theodore, Faber, , Korchinski, Zellweger, Mintyukov, Larsson, H. Lindholm, K. Miller
    G - Andersen, Gustavsson, Saros, Vejmelka

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeps View Post
    It's a hold for now, but remember last year, OEL was taking all the hard mins.
    I think this is a really good point. He was at 61% ozone starts last year (pp1 helps), and he's down to 45% this season. Arizona also doesn't help with that stat LOL, how many ozone vs dzone faceoffs do they get? Similar situation has happened to Petry, imo. I think Weber took a lot of hard minutes which let Petry roam more freely last year. I have really liked what I have seen from Chychrun offensively in his first few years in the league. He is big, strong, skates very well and has a wicked shot.

And yeah he's a keep for you, imo. Especially in a goal weighted cap league. He has a great contract and might get traded to a better team! But if you're expecting last years goal scoring production consistently I think you'll be disappointed. He was shooting above 10% which has never really been maintained by any Dman. I think you could compare it to Werenski's 20 goal season where he shot above 10% or Nurse last season. Regardless of all that I think when he's the pp1 guy he'll be a solid goal scoring dman that will hover somewhere between 45-55 points. If he moves to a team who scores a lot more (Arizona has 92 goals...) he should pick up more assists to balance his production and could definitely push for 60 (just remember that Shea Weber, another goal scoring Dman, never hit 60 points). He's shooting at 2.2% this year which is really low and he'll definitely bring that back up next season.

One other thing is, you'll notice it by looking at Letang's career and Makar's so far. Players who rely on their insane physical capabilities tend to struggle with injuries, like Chychrun already has. I think that's something to at least consider with this player. Whereas you tend to see players like Fox who rely more on their smarts, tend to be more durable.

Anyways, I think you'd be selling way too low now so I'd just be patient with the young buck.

Weekly H2H, Points Only, Keeper League - 10 team - Keep 14 (+ 2 rookies, under 25 GP) - dress 12 F, 6 D, 2 G (Wins: 2 pts, OTL: 1 pt, SO: 1 pt) - 30 Roster max w/ 1 IR spot which opens up one roster spot.

FW: Aho, Eichel, Draisatl, Rantanen, Marchand, Matthews, Kyrou, J. Robertson, Bergeron, Duchene, Boldy, Toffoli, Kempe, Krejci, Schmaltz

D: Rielly, Heiskenen, Dobson, Drysdale, Byram, Nurse, Weegar, Matheson, Clarke

G: Andersen, Georgiev, Francouz, Kotchetkov, Wallstedt

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by mdratch View Post
    I think this is a really good point. He was at 61% ozone starts last year (pp1 helps), and he's down to 45% this season. Arizona also doesn't help with that stat LOL, how many ozone vs dzone faceoffs do they get? Similar situation has happened to Petry, imo. I think Weber took a lot of hard minutes which let Petry roam more freely last year. I have really liked what I have seen from Chychrun offensively in his first few years in the league. He is big, strong, skates very well and has a wicked shot.

And yeah he's a keep for you, imo. Especially in a goal weighted cap league. He has a great contract and might get traded to a better team! But if you're expecting last years goal scoring production consistently I think you'll be disappointed. He was shooting above 10% which has never really been maintained by any Dman. I think you could compare it to Werenski's 20 goal season where he shot above 10% or Nurse last season. Regardless of all that I think when he's the pp1 guy he'll be a solid goal scoring dman that will hover somewhere between 45-55 points. If he moves to a team who scores a lot more (Arizona has 92 goals...) he should pick up more assists to balance his production and could definitely push for 60 (just remember that Shea Weber, another goal scoring Dman, never hit 60 points). He's shooting at 2.2% this year which is really low and he'll definitely bring that back up next season.

One other thing is, you'll notice it by looking at Letang's career and Makar's so far. Players who rely on their insane physical capabilities tend to struggle with injuries, like Chychrun already has. I think that's something to at least consider with this player. Whereas you tend to see players like Fox who rely more on their smarts, tend to be more durable.

Anyways, I think you'd be selling way too low now so I'd just be patient with the young buck.
    There is so much goodness and everything you need to consider in this single post here. Wow. Rep coming to you mdratch. Just awesome.
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Quote Originally Posted by mdratch View Post

Thanks a bunch for this analysis. I love the Weber comparison wich is where I had him in my projection. Wasn't expecting last year's production to be the norm.

I will hold for bow although I did get an interesting offer

Ty Smith (Dobber favorite) and a late 1st for Chych.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

If you actually want to get your value out of him i would hold, Yotes are looking to trade and he will have a better season the upside is there.

Quote Originally Posted by YzermansLegacy View Post
    There is so much goodness and everything you need to consider in this single post here. Wow. Rep coming to you mdratch. Just awesome.
    Thanks YzermansLegacy, feedback like this helps with my forum posting anxiety, haha, and encourages me to post my analysis more often!

Thanks a bunch for this analysis. I love the Weber comparison wich is where I had him in my projection. Wasn't expecting last year's production to be the norm.

I will hold for bow although I did get an interesting offer

Ty Smith (Dobber favorite) and a late 1st for Chych.
    And to Patty93! That's fair, I guess I was just making a general statement there regarding last years production, as someone above mentioned his 60 point pace from last year.

As per the trade, I think Smith has fallen pretty heavily in fantasy value at this point with Hamilton in town and Luke Hughes eventually showing up (I'm a big fan). That trade isn't enough for Chychrun, imo.

Weekly H2H, Points Only, Keeper League - 10 team - Keep 14 (+ 2 rookies, under 25 GP) - dress 12 F, 6 D, 2 G (Wins: 2 pts, OTL: 1 pt, SO: 1 pt) - 30 Roster max w/ 1 IR spot which opens up one roster spot.

FW: Aho, Eichel, Draisatl, Rantanen, Marchand, Matthews, Kyrou, J. Robertson, Bergeron, Duchene, Boldy, Toffoli, Kempe, Krejci, Schmaltz

D: Rielly, Heiskenen, Dobson, Drysdale, Byram, Nurse, Weegar, Matheson, Clarke

G: Andersen, Georgiev, Francouz, Kotchetkov, Wallstedt

Dobber Sports Padawan

Not a stats guy, but one would have to think his value immediately goes up once dealt from that "team." Hell, you may be able to sell high even before he plays his 1st game with his new club. I'd hold.

Dobber Sports Icon

Chychrun a definite hold just to see where he goes. My money is on the Panthers - a clear Cup contender, backed by a very rich PE owner unafraid to spend, with oodles of prospects to dangle, and need for depth on left D i’m the top 4…

Tippet plus a 1st and 2nd, done. Maybe throw in another good C prospect, like Mamin.

Then they have Weegar/Ekblad and Chychrun/Montour, plus they can load up 2D on PP1 or add Chychrun to PP2 making it even more lethal (it’s already pretty solid)

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

I could see the Rags trying to get in on him as well, very good cap hit for a D that can play 25min a night, be their QB on 2nd pp and play PK as well. They have so much to offer, Nils Lundkvist, Zac Jones, K'Andre Miller, Brayden Schneider, Vitali Kravtsov, picks etc;
    12 Team Dynasty League. $4 increase per player a year FP/ reduced salary for 3 years, Keep 8-12 (League Champion 14/15, 16/17, 19/20, 22/23)

Categories - D-G, G, A, PPP, SHP, SoG, Hits/Blocks, FoW, FoW%, Give/Take, Wins, GAA, Save%, Saves.

C: Tavares $33, Eichel $16 (1st yr FP), Trocheck $18, Jenner $9 Beniers $2 (1st yr RC)

W: Ovechkin $18, Hintz $17, Pavelski $11, Zacha $10, Kaprizov $7, Johnston $2 (1st yr RC), Reichel $2 (1st yr RC), Bertuzzi $1, Tippet $1

D: Burns $20, Jones $17, Werenski $16 (2nd yr FP), Matheson $5, Spurgeon $1, OEL $1

G: Shesterkin $7, Sorokin $3 (2nd yr RC), Raanta $1

MLP Bench: Rossi, Nazar, Kovalenko, Nikishin, Morrow, Ivanov