Thread: Pick up Husso or Francouz or neither?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Pick up Husso or Francouz or neither?

Keeper points league. 18 player roster. Weekly lineups with just one goalie starting per week. 2pts x win + 3pts x shutout. Max 5 waiver pickups for the season.

Have Jarry and Binnington. Jarry's been great obviously, Binnington stinks. Would be in trouble if Jarry gets hurt. Only 2 pickups left for the year.

Are either of Husso or Francouz locks to be solid goalies rest of season? I'm assuming they will both continue to split time and don't want to waste a pickup if they will just end up so-so.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Pick up Husso or Francouz or neither?

I would pick up Husso and handcuff the STL tandem. Future proof too since you only have a pick left afterward. Who will you be dropping though? Husso will have keeper value as he might be traded in the off season.
    H2H 12-Team Keeper (8 + 4 rookies*) - G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SA, SV%, SHO

C: Larkin, RNH, Kuznetsov
    LW: Draisaitl, Keller, Meier, Lehkonen, Benn
    RW: DeBrincat, Reinhart, Boldy
    D: Q. Hughes, Weeger, Gudas, York, Andersson, Durzi
    G: Skinner*, Talbot, Allen, Stolarz, Wolf*
    IR+: Larkin, Trouba, Vilardi

H2H 12-Team - G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    IR:
    G:

Dobber Sports Immortal

Man with only 2 moves left that's very tough. But as you said...if Jarry goes down you are completely effed.

I would grab Husso.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Add Husso, he looks absolutely phenomenal. I can easily see him playing over 50% of the remaining games.

Dobber Sports Stud

My opinion has always been that Francouz is the heir apparent to the throne of Colorado. They let Grubauer walk because Francouz outplayed him quite handily, even if he missed a short year due to surgery and made Grubauer low priority to resign because Makar and Landeskog needed new contracts. Seattle signing him to an long 5.9million dollar contract doesn't sound like much for a goalie that went 30-9-1 with 7 Shutouts, but the Avs let him go.

And now Francouz is outplaying Kuemper, who is UFA and probably gone this summer. Francouz is UFA too, but I would bet you dollars to donuts he signs a 5 year 5 million dollar contract this summer.
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Superstar

Husso for sure. He is in a great position to steal the starting job in St Louis. Failing that, your still in good shape with the lock with Husso and Binnington. As has already been pointed out, if Jarry goes down your Fantasy season is in big trouble, so burn the pick up, you are skating on thin ice if you don't.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Initiate

He’s signing somewhere…I’d say Husso too but is there also a possibility both Husso and Francouz get moved at the deadline? Col needs a proven goalie for the playoffs…are they really comfortable with the small sample size from Francouz who is also 31 btw.