Thread: Last Waiver draft of the season. Need advice.....

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Last Waiver draft of the season. Need advice.....

So, I am poised for a decent run (sitting at 12-2 having won 8 weeks in a row). I am just looking to add depth or sneak a GEM out of our last waiver draft. Can you rank these guys for me:

Jarvis (C/RW)
    Perunovich (D)
    Domi (C/RW)
    Soucy (D)
    Barbanov (LW)
    C. York (D)
    L. Thomsen (D)
    10 team keeper league dress 4 LW, C, RW, 6 Def and 2 Goalies (gls and asts are a pt for fwds and 1.5 for Def, as is a +, but also -1 for a - forwards and -1 for "D", G - 2 pts for win, 5 for SO and pts for saves)
    LW - Landeskog, Robertson, E. Kane, Guentzel, Huberdeau, Kreider, Schwartz (C/RW)
    C - Stamkos, Zibanijad, Wright, Norris, Seguin (RW), Larkin, Zegras, Zary
    RW - Rantanen, Olofsson, Kuzmenko (LW), Sharangovich (LW/C), Laine, Arvidsson (LW)
    D - M. Anderson, Josi, S. Jones, Toews, Theodore, Faber, , Korchinski, Zellweger, Mintyukov, Larsson, H. Lindholm, K. Miller
    G - Andersen, Gustavsson, Saros, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Last Waiver draft of the season. Need advice.....

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeps View Post
    So, I am poised for a decent run (sitting at 12-2 having won 8 weeks in a row). I am just looking to add depth or sneak a GEM out of our last waiver draft. Can you rank these guys for me:

Jarvis (C/RW)
    Perunovich (D)
    Domi (C/RW)
    Soucy (D)
    Barbanov (LW)
    C. York (D)
    L. Thomsen (D)
    I guess I'll answer myself. LOL

I think Perunovich is the Gem of the group. It was a toss up with him and Jarvis, but we start 6 D from week to week and Scott will replace Suter, Karlsson and E. Johnson as a core young D moving forward next year.
    10 team keeper league dress 4 LW, C, RW, 6 Def and 2 Goalies (gls and asts are a pt for fwds and 1.5 for Def, as is a +, but also -1 for a - forwards and -1 for "D", G - 2 pts for win, 5 for SO and pts for saves)
    LW - Landeskog, Robertson, E. Kane, Guentzel, Huberdeau, Kreider, Schwartz (C/RW)
    RW - Rantanen, Olofsson, Kuzmenko (LW), Sharangovich (LW/C), Laine, Arvidsson (LW)
    D - M. Anderson, Josi, S. Jones, Toews, Theodore, Faber, , Korchinski, Zellweger, Mintyukov, Larsson, H. Lindholm, K. Miller

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Jarvis or Perunovich for me from that list.

I'd avoid York, the Flyers are terrible, and while he could have the PP D job, there's no certainty there.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

Rotoworld on Karlsson: "Probably not going to see him on this road trip," said coach Bob Boughner on Monday. Karlsson didn't play on Saturday because of an upper-body injury. He is scheduled to see a doctor today and they are going over their options. It hasn't been decided yet if surgery will be required. Karlsson was having a strong bounce-back year in 2021-22, but it appears as though injuries have caught up to him again.

While I like Jarvis more, you might need the D more....

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Rotoworld on Karlsson: "Probably not going to see him on this road trip," said coach Bob Boughner on Monday. Karlsson didn't play on Saturday because of an upper-body injury. He is scheduled to see a doctor today and they are going over their options. It hasn't been decided yet if surgery will be required. Karlsson was having a strong bounce-back year in 2021-22, but it appears as though injuries have caught up to him again.

While I like Jarvis more, you might need the D more....
    I went with Perunovich. THanks guys. Jarvis went 2nd in the waiver draft and since I picked last (10th overall) because I am in first place, Scotty was left. Which I was quite surprised. Here is how it went down. Besides the Jarvis pick, the rest of the picks were stopgaps at best.

1. Zach Whitecloud D
    2. Seth Jarvis
    3. Jeremy Swayman
    4. Alex Formenton
    5. Jespar Fast
    6. Artem Zub
    7. Radko Gudas
    8. Adam Henrique
    9. Gustav Nyqvist
    10. Scott Perunovich

Dobber Sports Superstar

Some interesting choices here, obviously addressing positional weakness, certainly not best player available. Your lucky Perunovich fell to you at 10. Sometimes, you get lucky (:
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    Some interesting choices here, obviously addressing positional weakness, certainly not best player available. Your lucky Perunovich fell to you at 10. Sometimes, you get lucky (:
    I had the ability to address a talent need, not a positional depth need. I am pretty deep at all positions. When we cut down to 26 in Sept, I wanted a replacement for Suter, Karlsson and Grzyleck

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Well done. I like Perunovich more than Whitecloud in this format, although I do like Whitecloud. I also like the Swayman pick.

Seeing Gudas go in a points only is odd.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Well done. I like Perunovich more than Whitecloud in this format, although I do like Whitecloud. I also like the Swayman pick.

Seeing Gudas go in a points only is odd.
    Plus/minus also counts. BS stat.