Thread: H2H scheduling advice please

The Wolverine

Default H2H scheduling advice please

Hey,

I'm not sure if this will be considered but thought I'd check with you all just in case the league is interested.

I'm in a 16 team Yahoo H2H league, which has four divisions of four teams each. Before the season, our commissioner came up with a very good custom schedule that ensured you played your own division three times (so called 'rivalry weeks') and everyone else in the league once, for a total of 21 weeks (3 x 3 and 12 x 1). Then week 22 is the start of our playoffs.

With the postponed games re-scheduled, Yahoo has added two weeks to the regular season at the end, so that it would end on week 23, and the playoffs starting on week 24. The dates for the playoffs haven't changed so that is good. However, for those additional regular season weeks (22 & 23), they made our opponents random, regardless of the division. A quick check and have already noticed some teams will be playing a division opponent for the fourth time.

I have just made a suggestion on our message board seeing if there was a way to make the last two weeks randomised, but ensure that we wouldn't play our own division, since we will have played them three times already.

Does anyone know of a way to achieve this without a lot of work? If this idea is considered, I don't want our commish to spend a lot of extra time on this as he's put a lot of work in setting up the original schedule (and everything else) already. We may just leave it as Yahoo suggests, but thought I'd see if there way to achieve the above.

Thanks in advance.

The Wolverine

Default Re: H2H scheduling advice please

I've come up with a way of doing this and have mentioned to the league (a bit less random), but will leave this thread open if anyone wants to discuss.