Thread: Thoughts on Prospects/Young players

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Thoughts on Prospects/Young players

Currently re-tooling my team in a Dynasty League and was hoping to get some thoughts on some players.

Podkolzin
    Tomasino
    Perunovich
    Krebs

These four will almost certainly expire by the end of the season and will no longer be a free carry in our minor league system, but will need to be given a rookie contract. Currently have given 3 of 4 RC's out to Shestyrokin, Kaprizov, Sorokin (end of the year) and have 1 left. Hoping to get some thoughts on the above players in terms of upside, likelihood of reaching upside and how long til they reach that potential.

Rossi
    Beniers
    Holtz
    Rashvesky
    C. Savoie
    Scott Morrow

The above are my minor league players, count as a free carry, Rossi, Beniers and Holtz obviously blue chip prospects and keepers, the other three I'm not as bullish on and any feedback about them would be great to see if I can maybe grab someone better.
    12 Team Dynasty League. $4 increase per player a year FP/ reduced salary for 3 years, Keep 8-12 (League Champion 14/15, 16/17, 19/20, 22/23)

Categories - D-G, G, A, PPP, SHP, SoG, Hits/Blocks, FoW, FoW%, Give/Take, Wins, GAA, Save%, Saves.

C: Tavares $33, Eichel $16 (1st yr FP), Trocheck $18, Jenner $9 Beniers $2 (1st yr RC)

W: Ovechkin $18, Hintz $17, Pavelski $11, Zacha $10, Kaprizov $7, Johnston $2 (1st yr RC), Reichel $2 (1st yr RC), Bertuzzi $1, Tippet $1

D: Burns $20, Jones $17, Werenski $16 (2nd yr FP), Matheson $5, Spurgeon $1, OEL $1

G: Shesterkin $7, Sorokin $3 (2nd yr RC), Raanta $1

MLP Bench: Rossi, Nazar, Kovalenko, Nikishin, Morrow, Ivanov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Thoughts on Prospects/Young players

I like Tomasino the most out of the first four. He looks like he is going to mesh really well in Nashville despite the lack of offensive fantasy success in their history. As for the bottom list, what are some other options you have outside of morrow, savoie, and rashvesky?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Heinola and Pierre Oliver Joseph for D

Lukas Reichel, Mavrik Bourque, Jake Neighbours for forwards.

It's pretty bare pickings. Heinola/POJ definitely have a quicker path to the show then Morrow, but I like Morrow's upside (even if he's less likely to hit it) then those two, plus Pitts is going to look ugly in a few years.
    As for the forwards, Stl has so many young forwards as it is, hard to see Neighbours breaking into that top six and pp anytime soon or not soon even. I don't know much about Bourque/Reichel.
    12 Team Dynasty League. $4 increase per player a year FP/ reduced salary for 3 years, Keep 8-12 (League Champion 14/15, 16/17, 19/20, 22/23)

Categories - D-G, G, A, PPP, SHP, SoG, Hits/Blocks, FoW, FoW%, Give/Take, Wins, GAA, Save%, Saves.

C: Tavares $33, Eichel $16 (1st yr FP), Trocheck $18, Jenner $9 Beniers $2 (1st yr RC)

W: Ovechkin $18, Hintz $17, Pavelski $11, Zacha $10, Kaprizov $7, Johnston $2 (1st yr RC), Reichel $2 (1st yr RC), Bertuzzi $1, Tippet $1

D: Burns $20, Jones $17, Werenski $16 (2nd yr FP), Matheson $5, Spurgeon $1, OEL $1

G: Shesterkin $7, Sorokin $3 (2nd yr RC), Raanta $1

MLP Bench: Rossi, Nazar, Kovalenko, Nikishin, Morrow, Ivanov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Reichel and Bourque I like far more than Rashvesky and Savoie.

I think your current three have similar upsides but far lower floors.

Rashvesky has very little to go on besides his point totals in the KHL and draft position. Draft position doesn't inspire confidence (plus had little predraft hype making only eliteprospects list at 100). I want more of a history before putting him in the same tier as recent 1st rounders who are having success in their respective leagues.

C. Savoie again is a similar story but we have a little more scouting to go off with him being in North America. From what I've read his skill profile and skating likely don't project to the NHL. Definitely has the talent to make you regret dropping him in a few years, but I'd again rather the lower risk prospects in Reichel/Bourque who have similarly high ceilings.

As for Heinola vs Morrow, personally I'm going Heinola who is killing it at a higher level of hockey and has a clearer path to the NHL. But with how WPG handled Niku I certainly understand the hesitation. Morrow definitely is not a bad prospect being ppg in the NCAA.
    32 Team Dynasty With Cap (83.5M) - H2H Pts
    Skaters: G: 4, A: 2, PPP: 1, SHP: 2, SOG: 0.5, HIT: 0.5, BLK: 0.5, FOW: 0.1, +/-: 0.5
    Goalies: W: 6, SHO: 6, SV 0.25, GA: -2
    Positions: 3C, 6W, 3F, 6D, 2G, 3BN, 20 Prospects

C: McTavish, Newhook, Dellandrea, Parssinen, Sillinger, Jost
    W: Svechnikov, Guenther, Berggren, Krebs, Palat, Foudy
    D: Weresnki, Chabot, Ekholm, Krug, Pelech, Jensen, Forbort
    G: Blackwood, Ersson

Top Prospects: Smith (SJS), Savoie (BUF), Bourgault (EDM), Bourque (DAL), Perron (CAR), Korchinski (CHI), Nikishin (CAR), Jones (NYR), Cossa (DET), UPL (BUF), Daws (NJD)