Thread: Get Luke Hughes?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Get Luke Hughes?

I am out of the playoff picture and have a chance to trade Carlson and get Luke Hughes, 3rd pick and Mario Ferraro. Hughes is looking like a stud. Should I do it?
    Active Roster:
    C: Cozens, Frost, Hayton, J. Boqvist, Eklund, Rasmussen
    LW: Caufield, Krebs, Milano, Lindlom, Kaliyev
    RW: Rantanen, Chinakhov, Terry, Kyrou,Y amamoto, Kessell, Smith
    D: Boqvist, Bouchard, Byram, Hanifin, Sanderson, Severson, Matheson, Sanheim, York
    G: Samsonov, Varlamov

Minors: Cooley, Foerster, Goyette, Ishakov, Kent Johnson, Hendrix Lapierre, O'Brien, Salminen, Bloom, Chibrikov, Desnoyers, Neighbours, Schaefer, Stromgren, Brink, Gunler, Yurov, Faber, Luke Hughes, Wallinder, Zamula, Kokko, Lafontaine, Primeau, Felix Sandstrom

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Re: Get Luke Hughes?

John Carlson is the very figure of stability over the last few years. There are no reasons to believe, right now, that the next 3-4 years won't be 60+ seasons for him. He's had a 68+ 82GP Pace (so close to legendary) over the last five years.

His shooting percentage, pts/60, sog/60, ipp and ppipp, all are absolutely nominal, with little sign of decline except maybe for his shooting percentage that is at his lifetime highest. His IPP and PPIPP are actually low, historically. Even then, were he to score 4-5 less goals a year he's a def that can produce at an elite level.

On the other hand, it could be multiple years before Hughes reach the same level of production, if ever he gets to it. Note, that he absolutely might, I'm no prospect expert. If you see Luke Hughes as a next Adam Fox then sure, go for it but I would be somewhat hesitant to trade Carlson for such hopes.

The Great One

I would need to know the specifics of your league (size, scoring categories, number of starters) before I'd be able to tell you how just awful that trade is for you.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

More information is needed.

1. Is that a 3rd round pick, or a 3rd overall pick?
    2. What categories? Ferraro's value is very category dependent.
    3. How many teams & starters?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Even without knowing what kind of keeper league it is that looks like an underpayment for Carlson.
    Team 1:
    J Hughes, Cooley (r), Bratt, Laine, M Tkachuk, Necas, A Svechnikov, S Jarvis, M Michkov (r), W Johnston, Zegras, Giroux, Norris, Couturier, B Jenner, T Krug, Burns, M Weegar, Werenski, Sergachev, B Clarke (r), Theodore, Sorokin , Oettinger, Askarov (r), Ersson
    12 teams, No salary cap
    Keep 14 plus 4 rookies (under 150 GP) max 18 players
    Scoring: G (1), A (1), +/- (0.25), H (0.1), B(0.1), PIM (0.1), SOG (0.1), GWG (1), PPP (1), SHP (1),
    Goalies: W (2), SO (3), GA (-0.5), OTL (1), SV (0.1)

Dobber Sports Rookie

3 round.
    G,A,SOG, Pts, +/-, STP, FOW, Hits, Blocks, GAA, S%, S, SO, Wins
    16 teams and 20 starters

Dobber Sports Rookie

This league seems to be very stingy with trade especially good young prospects. Much different than other leagues I’ve been a part of.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd shop Carlson around, and expect to get a better offer than that. A 3rd round pick is borderline worthless in a dynasty that deep.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Pro

Not even close to enough for Carlson. L. Hughes should be far cheaper.
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews
    LW - Draisaitl
    RW - ​​Marner
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey
    G -
    B -

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    '25 & '26 - Extra 1st, Extra 2nd
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel