Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Was this offer "Terrible"?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Was this offer "Terrible"?

Yeah I don't understand the other person's take at all.. I think your offer is super respectable.

Weekly H2H, Points Only, Keeper League - 10 team - Keep 14 (+ 2 rookies, under 25 GP) - dress 12 F, 6 D, 2 G (Wins: 2 pts, OTL: 1 pt, SO: 1 pt) - 30 Roster max w/ 1 IR spot which opens up one roster spot.

FW: Aho, Eichel, Draisatl, Rantanen, Marchand, Matthews, Kyrou, J. Robertson, Bergeron, Duchene, Boldy, Toffoli, Kempe, Krejci, Schmaltz

D: Rielly, Heiskenen, Dobson, Drysdale, Byram, Nurse, Weegar, Matheson, Clarke

G: Andersen, Georgiev, Francouz, Kotchetkov, Wallstedt

Dobber Sports Monster

I actually think he would win in that trade. I feel like you would be selling low on Helly and Chabot there, maybe the other manager doesn't appreciate how good those players are. Nothing terrible about that offer for him. I think you should be thankful he blew up negotiations, as any better offer from you would just be unfair. If he is not in a playoff race it makes even less sense for him to find that offer terrible as two of the main pieces are bound to improve next year.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

The Great One

Ive been noticing this with a guy in my league more and more and its 1000% a tactic. Get you questioning your player values, get you siding with his perspective. Its especially effective if you respect the guys player knowledge.

I agree with steveh=gamer

1) accept immidiately if a good trade comes through (but dont hold your breath)

2) Ignore the rest

3) Im adding this part- DO NOT start a back and forth- just shut it down. GMs like this only use a dialogue to make you question your sanity. This same guy I finally caved and talked to him and had to listen to a genuine diatribe on how moving my lottery pick this year for a middling/struggling prospect was good for me. Dialogue is just a tool for sme GMs...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

My Hellebuyck/Chabot/Zuccarello for the Isles tandem/McAvoy

The joke is actually on him, i much prefer what you are giving then what you are getting , Helle is one of the few goalies you can rely on to play a lot and for the most part play well. Sorokin is nothing compared to him, at least yet. He is in a time share on a team who cant score in front of him. Chabot is more offensive than McAvoy, for fantasy purposes at worst its a wash ( mcAvoy better player IRL tho) Zucc and Varly i really have no comments on as it comes down to positional needs on that one with equal value IMO
    12 team H2H Full Keeper w/ 20man prospects
    G,GWG,OG,ShG,A,PPP,SHP,HT,FOW,Hits,BLK,PIM,+/-,SOG | W,SHO,SV,OL,GA,ShL (2.5x for defensive points)

Dealers
    C- Couture, Karlsson, Mcdavid, Monohan, Pageau, Cirelli
    W- Draistl, Pacioretty, Rust, Duclair, Hornquist, Domi, Oshie
    D-Hamilton, Jones , Heiskenen, Spurgeon, OEL, Provorov, Klingberg
    G- Bobrovsky, Lehner, Hart
    Rossi, White, Zegras, Bunting, Kunin, Tracey, Wiesblatt, Coghlan, Holl, Johansson, Myers, Zub, Soucy, Spence, Thompson, Blomqvist, Dostal, Hofer, Ingram, Johannsson, Luukkonen, Sogaard, Tarasov

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by mjm44 View Post
    My Hellebuyck/Chabot/Zuccarello for the Isles tandem/McAvoy

The joke is actually on him, i much prefer what you are giving then what you are getting , Helle is one of the few goalies you can rely on to play a lot and for the most part play well. Sorokin is nothing compared to him, at least yet. He is in a time share on a team who cant score in front of him. Chabot is more offensive than McAvoy, for fantasy purposes at worst its a wash ( mcAvoy better player IRL tho) Zucc and Varly i really have no comments on as it comes down to positional needs on that one with equal value IMO
    Yea I shouls have said I prefer the Heelebyuck side too. That alomg with the dumb McD offer is what akes me think its a tactic...

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    I actually think he would win in that trade. I feel like you would be selling low on Helly and Chabot there, maybe the other manager doesn't appreciate how good those players are. Nothing terrible about that offer for him. I think you should be thankful he blew up negotiations, as any better offer from you would just be unfair. If he is not in a playoff race it makes even less sense for him to find that offer terrible as two of the main pieces are bound to improve next year.
    im with this, i prefer your side....
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Ive been noticing this with a guy in my league more and more and its 1000% a tactic. Get you questioning your player values, get you siding with his perspective. Its especially effective if you respect the guys player knowledge.

I agree with steveh=gamer

1) accept immidiately if a good trade comes through (but dont hold your breath)

2) Ignore the rest

3) Im adding this part- DO NOT start a back and forth- just shut it down. GMs like this only use a dialogue to make you question your sanity. This same guy I finally caved and talked to him and had to listen to a genuine diatribe on how moving my lottery pick this year for a middling/struggling prospect was good for me. Dialogue is just a tool for sme GMs...

"GMs like this only use a dialogue to make you question your sanity." This is it right here from Emu's post. There's a guy in my league that does the same. I throw him a decent offer and he basically tells me I'm a greasy, low-balling waste of time. Then he comes back to me with an absolute dud of an offer for players of mine that he previously told me are worthless... This kind of thing makes fantasy hockey not as much fun. So yes, shut it down. Not worth your time.
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    "GMs like this only use a dialogue to make you question your sanity." This is it right here from Emu's post. There's a guy in my league that does the same. I throw him a decent offer and he basically tells me I'm a greasy, low-balling waste of time. Then he comes back to me with an absolute dud of an offer for players of mine that he previously told me are worthless... This kind of thing makes fantasy hockey not as much fun. So yes, shut it down. Not worth your time.
    That's my favourite person..."this player sucks, so you should give him to me for cheap!"

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    If he is outside the playoff race then this is not terrible at all.
    He needs to focus on upgrading his team for next year so that means improving: Pasta, D/G, picks.

From a keeper perspective your offer boils down to Helly v. Sorokin, I believe Helley is an upgrade given long-term proven play and the number of games played. Thus the deal is a keeper win.
    Perhaps he does not see it that way and prefers Sorokin, if so fine.
    the rest of the deal improves you slightly for the year but again is not offside.

Maybe the guy does not see he is out of it. Maybe he does not look at it from a keeper perspective. He does not want to do the deal so move on but know it was a reasonable offer.
    Yup, that's why I sent the offer. A simple nah, I'm gonna keep Sorokin would have sufficed.

I also prefer my side, but I'm all in for the season and the trade will definitely help this season, but maybe marginally, in hindsight.

I think this guys is playing this at it's basic format. Not thinking of the future and literally looking at the Yahoo rankings and basing the trade proposal on that alone.

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Suzuki
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg,
    Konecny(L/R)
    R-Hyman(L/R), Svechnikov(L/R), P. Kane
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill
    IR
    -Demko

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    That's my favourite person..."this player sucks, so you should give him to me for cheap!"
    Lol- yas!!! Please shit talk my asset more whilst still trying to acquire im- nothing disengenuous happenng there!! P