View Poll Results: Which five have benefitted most from their linemate(s)/partner?

Voters
44. This poll is closed
  • Ivan Barbashev

14 31.82%
  • Sam Bennett

10 22.73%
  • Michael Bunting

19 43.18%
  • Matt Duchene

4 9.09%
  • Ryan Hartman

26 59.09%
  • Zach Hyman

10 22.73%
  • Boone Jenner

3 6.82%
  • Chris Kreider

6 13.64%
  • Gabriel Landeskog

6 13.64%
  • Sonny Milano

21 47.73%
  • Ondrej Palat

4 9.09%
  • Joe Pavelski

7 15.91%
  • Evan Rodrigues

25 56.82%
  • Bryan Rust

8 18.18%
  • Chandler Stephenson

5 11.36%
  • Ryan Strome

11 25.00%
  • Devon Toews

3 6.82%
  • Carter Verhaeghe

13 29.55%
  • MadKenzie Weegar

3 6.82%
  • Tom Wilson

9 20.45%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Biggest Beneficiaries

The Magnificent One

Default ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Biggest Beneficiaries

THE POLL

Make no mistake, to even lace up one's skates in the NHL means a player is supremely talented. There's a smaller subset though who are so spectacular in their own right that they can - and do - bolster the scoring of others with whom they're deployed. This poll is about those bolstered players, namely ones who are doing as well as they are in large part due to skating alongside their linemate(s) or defensive partner.

WHO TO VOTE FOR

Your task is to vote for the five players whose production would be most negatively affected if they were no longer deployed as they have been this season. Since all 20 voting choices are skaters, the criteria on which to base your votes is points. Basically, you want the five players whose scoring, percentage-wise, would be reduced by the most had they not benefitted from skating with their particular linemate(s) or defensive partner.

After you vote, please make a post indicating who you voted for and why, so we can all get further insight. This should be a fun one, as usually I have a good idea of who I think will get a lot of votes; however, in this case the field seems wide open. So let's see what your votes have to say.

NOTE: Sorry about the misspelling of Weegar's first name in the poll.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

The Magnificent One

Default Re: ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Biggest Beneficiaries

My votes went to:

Bennett - I think he was better than what we saw in Calgary; however, separate him from Jonathan Huberdeau and he'd be lucky to score at over a 50 point rate

Milano - To me, he's a bust who's received a boost by playing with future phenom Trevor Zegras

Pavelski - I've received a lot of well-deserved criticism for my former bias against Little Joe; but after what we saw from him his first season in Dallas, no one can convince me he isn't being boosted signficantly by playing alongside Roope Hintz and Jason Robertson

Rodrigues - I'm guessing he'll get fewer votes than the other come from nowhere stories this year, namely Barbashev and Hartman, yet to me Rodrigues, being the oldest and never drafted, strikes me as the one most directly and signficantly benefitting from his linemates

Toews - All I can say is boy oh boy does playing alongside Cale Makar have its benefits
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/