Thread: Vejmelka.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Vejmelka.

What do you think of this trade I made and Vejmelka in general? I traded a late 1st round pick and an early to mid 2nd round pick for Vejmelka and Johan Larsson.

Before the start of every season we have a 2 round draft. Vejmelka went undrafted and I was the only manager that put a waiver claim on him during the 1st waiver period. I dropped him a few games into the season. When Swayman got sent down I got desperate for a goalie. I recently sent offers for merzlikins, holtby, husso, Skinner, Tarasov, Dostal, Vejmelka. I added Montembeault and Dell right before I accepted this trade and dropped them to complete the trade.

Considering how bad the coyotes are Vejmelka has been pretty good.

I still own 1 1st round pick.

I added Craig Anderson after making the trade. My goalies are Shesterkin, Vejmelka, Petersen, Anderson, Swayman.
    Head-to-Head/ yahoo/ 16 teams/ dynasty league

C, C, C, C,
    LW, LW, LW, LW,
    RW, RW, RW, RW,
    D, D, D, D, D, D,
    G, G,
    BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN,
    IR, IR,
    IR+, IR+, IR+, IR+, IR+,
    NA, NA, NA, NA, NA

(G), (A), (PIM), (PPP), (SOG), (HIT), (BLK)

(W), (GAA), (SV%), (SHO)

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Vejmelka.

five goalies is overkill, dump Anderson and Swayman for help at other positions.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    five goalies is overkill, dump Anderson and Swayman for help at other positions.
    Not sure I'd drop Swayman in a dynasty - especially given the NA spots.

That said, the trade baffles me a little. If you were just looking for very short-term help, you'd traded a 1st to upgrade from Montreal's starting goalie to Arizona's starting goalie. That said, without knowing where you are in the standings or what your motivation is behind this trade, it's difficult to say a ton about it...

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Not sure I'd drop Swayman in a dynasty - especially given the NA spots.

That said, the trade baffles me a little. If you were just looking for very short-term help, you'd traded a 1st to upgrade from Montreal's starting goalie to Arizona's starting goalie. That said, without knowing where you are in the standings or what your motivation is behind this trade, it's difficult to say a ton about it...
    I’m in 2nd or 3rd place. Last season I was 1 goalie win away from winning it all. I made the trade before the Jake Allen 8 weeks news came out. At the time of the trade Vejmelka had .910 sv%, montembeault had .901. Montembeault is about to get blown out by Colorado. I failed to reach minimum goalie starts 2 of the last 4 weeks. I’ve been trying hard to acquire a goalie. I’ve sent many offers. A few days ago I offered klingberg, Kylington, smith, 2 1sts for husso.

C, C, C, C,
    LW, LW, LW, LW,
    RW, RW, RW, RW,
    D, D, D, D, D, D,
    G, G,
    IR, IR,
    IR+, IR+, IR+, IR+, IR+,
    NA, NA, NA, NA, NA

(W), (GAA), (SV%), (SHO)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Primeau is starting today.

So far this week I’m leading skater cats 5-2 and my opponent is leading goalie cats 3-0.

C, C, C, C,
    LW, LW, LW, LW,
    RW, RW, RW, RW,
    D, D, D, D, D, D,
    G, G,
    IR, IR,
    IR+, IR+, IR+, IR+, IR+,
    NA, NA, NA, NA, NA

(W), (GAA), (SV%), (SHO)

Dobber Sports Padawan

You make a good point that I’m only upgrading from Montreal’s starter to Arizona’s starter. It might not be a huge upgrade in the short term but I needed any goaltending help I could get. Montembeault/Dell were free agents when the offer was sent to me. I only added them in case the trade got vetoed and to have them during the trade review period.

C, C, C, C,
    LW, LW, LW, LW,
    RW, RW, RW, RW,
    D, D, D, D, D, D,
    G, G,
    IR, IR,
    IR+, IR+, IR+, IR+, IR+,
    NA, NA, NA, NA, NA

(W), (GAA), (SV%), (SHO)

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Nifty Mittens View Post
    You make a good point that I’m only upgrading from Montreal’s starter to Arizona’s starter. It might not be a huge upgrade in the short term but I needed any goaltending help I could get. Montembeault/Dell were free agents when the offer was sent to me. I only added them in case the trade got vetoed and to have them during the trade review period.
    The additional context helps. You didn't know Allen was out long term. And I didn't know how close you are to winning if you can squeeze a little more out of your goalies. You probably will get more mileage out of Vejmelka; the 1st just seemed steep to me without the additional context. You gotta pay to win. And looking at what got turned down for Husso, the cost makes more sense to me now. (it's hard to evaluate goalie costs because they are often so league specific)